Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Green&Red wrote: »
    Good team. Looks like Brewster is going back to swansea, I’d get rid

Not sure if he is going to Swansea on loan.

The current talk is Sheffield United on loan, or a £25m sale to a PL team.

Chris Wilder has said that SHU are looking to get a striker in on loan soon. "We've got another [player] lined up in the next few days. Is another one to complete the set, coming sooner rather than later, but if we have to wait the wait will be worth it. It will most probably be a loan for the striker, the one we're speaking to."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

One a one week punt would you go for Salah/Auba/Mane?
    Mané for me. Did very well last season at home. Low ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

I really like you’re midfield

If you could find another 0.5m I JT honk there is no comparison between Wilson and Mitro

Would only take the .5 to have both so definitely something I’m considering, potentially Dier to another 4.5 but not sure if it’s worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

have settled on this team for now. couldn't decide between dier/davies, shaw or coady so went with the 2 below. planning on mane -> KDB week 2 or 3

opinions welcome!

ff4.png

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Came 7496 last year so pressure on this year to try and match it.

I am bit lost though seems a lot harder to find a team.

Draft no7 (i think) at the minute is

Martinez McCarthy

TAA, VVD, Doherty, .....Bernardo, Douglas

Mane, Auba, Saint-M, Pereira, .....Stephens

Ings, Jimi, Mitro

EDIT
    Draft 101

Ryan ........Walton
    TAA, Justin, KWP.........Lewis, Douglas
    Mane, Auba, Zaha, ASM..........Bissouma
    Werner, Ings, Mitro

Draft 245

Ryan....Walton
    TAA, Robertson, VVD, KWP ......... Douglas
    Auba, Son, Zaha, JRod.......Bissouma
    Werner, Mitro........Watkins

Treble Liverpool Def. No Salah or Mane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Draft 245

Ryan....Walton
    TAA, Robertson, VVD, KWP ......... Douglas
    Auba, Son, Zaha, JRod.......Bissouma
    Werner, Mitro........Watkins

Treble Liverpool Def. No Salah or Mane.

I'm seriously considering no Salah/Mane too, It'd be the first time in 3 years neither was in my team I think.

If I do pick one I'm veering towards Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

This is where I'm at at the moment

Ryan
    TAA Egan Vinagre Saliba
    Auba Alli Havertz Armstrong
    Wilson Werner

Walton Martial Bissouma Mitchell

2.5 itb to do Alli to Bruno GW2. I'd really like to squeeze Mané in there and captain him instead so I'd say there'll be alot more tinkering done tomorrow.

This is where I'm at at the moment

Ryan
    TAA Egan Vinagre Saliba
    Auba Alli Havertz Armstrong
    Wilson Werner

Walton Martial Bissouma Mitchell

2.5 itb to do Alli to Bruno GW2. I'd really like to squeeze Mané in there and captain him instead so I'd say there'll be alot more tinkering done tomorrow.

are you worried about Mitchell and Vinagre being non-starters?

He’s the one I’m thinking of

Currently on

Johnstone - Button
    Shaw - TAA - Dier - Bavies - KWP
    Havertz - Mane - Pepe - Bisouma - Reed
    Kane - Wilson - Werner

Would transfer out Mane for Bruno and probably Havertz/Werner for Rashford/Tony GW2. Think the united players will be great for team value

Are you planning on playing 5 at the back, must say i have toyed with a double up on spurs defence,

Also thought heavily on pepe but concerns over weather he starts at all, also arsenals fixtures go south quickly.

I ended up going auba as its an easy route into city, pepe doesnt let you into anyone of note from city or united bar greenwood i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agree with whoever said they were constantly changing, the sooner the season starts the better so that I stop this constant swapping! :)

Any thoughts on this lineup?

Ramsdale/Meslier
    Thomas/Stevens/KWP/Ayling/Keane
    Son/Henderson/Zaha/Willian/Aubameyang
    Vardy/Richarlison/Bamford

It leaves me 1.5 to swap Son for KDB in week 2. Am trying to stick with star men as much as poss (Zaha, Auba, Vardy, Richarlison) for points and cheap as chips defenders and gks who are likely to play most weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Really really like that defense - be very tempting to go 5 at the back some weeks. If Shaw plays he should be great value.
    I too have Davies, but Rose back has me a small bit worried - hopefully Bavies will get the league with Rose for the cups - as their schedule is shocking

Why would Shaw be great value? United aren't exactly solid in defense, there are question marks over his playing time - assume hell start 80% of time with Williams getting the rest, going forward he's not really known for his assists? and who knows what shape he'll be in after the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why would Shaw be great value? United aren't exactly solid in defense, there are question marks over his playing time - assume hell start 80% of time with Williams getting the rest, going forward he's not really known for his assists? and who knows what shape he'll be in after the break.

I just think United will be solid defensively (13 clean sheets last year), and at 5.0m he is cheaper than AWB/Maguire and gives slightly more attacking intent then Lindelof (5 assists the previous year).

He is considerably better than Williams, and has more attacking threat than other 5.0m such as Bavies/Dier

Barrel ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Are you planning on playing 5 at the back, must say i have toyed with a double up on spurs defence,

Also thought heavily on pepe but concerns over weather he starts at all, also arsenals fixtures go south quickly.

I ended up going auba as its an easy route into city, pepe doesnt let you into anyone of note from city or united bar greenwood i guess

Probably bench KWP and go four at the back but with Covid I want a strong sub and he’s 0.5 extra. If I have to play five at the back I’m also good with that

Had this conversation elsewhere but Arsenal are a business, Arteta is a rookie manager, Pepe is their most expensive assets. There’s no possible scenario I can see where he’s left to depreciate on the bench. Either Arteta likes him and starts him or Arteta wants him out and has to start him to keep his value.
    Lots of talk about Saka but he’s a kid. People seem to think now Willian has switched to Arsenal he’ll be Messi, he won’t, and he won’t have penalties to boost him FPL score either. Laca isn’t match fit by all accounts and seems half way out the door.
    Pepe played both the semi and final of the cup, Arsenals two most important matches after the restart, assisted in both. He’s dropped 1.5m from last year, I think he’s great value, one of the best there is

Like you say Arsenal’s fixtures turn so I can always turn him into Mahrez for GW3 but I genuinely think he’ll be the Arsenal asset to own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

United had the third highest xGA last season behind city and wolves. Williams is a poor player and IMO will only be used when Shaw is missing.
    He got five assists in 18/19 when he plAyed the full season, that would have been 7th best last year just behind Aurier and Azpi with six

Probably bench KWP and go four at the back but with Covid I want a strong sub and he’s 0.5 extra. If I have to play five at the back I’m also good with that

Had this conversation elsewhere but Arsenal are a business, Arteta is a rookie manager, Pepe is their most expensive assets. There’s no possible scenario I can see where he’s left to depreciate on the bench. Either Arteta likes him and starts him or Arteta wants him out and has to start him to keep his value.
    Lots of talk about Saka but he’s a kid. People seem to think now Willian has switched to Arsenal he’ll be Messi, he won’t, and he won’t have penalties to boost him FPL score either. Laca isn’t match fit by all accounts and seems half way out the door.
    Pepe played both the semi and final of the cup, Arsenals two most important matches after the restart, assisted in both. He’s dropped 1.5m from last year, I think he’s great value, one of the best there is

Like you say Arsenal’s fixtures turn so I can always turn him into Mahrez for GW3 but I genuinely think he’ll be the Arsenal asset to own

I owned him a few times last season so I guess its why im wary but about him, like he was dropped and subbed off loads, I do like him potentially I guess with me its going to be a wait and see.

I did want a way into the Arsenal first few fixtures and a way out also Auba fit best for me I guess.

Another problem I have with Arsenal and Artea is he is very pragmatic when he goes ahead which reduces the ceiling for his players now this could all change now he is building his own team.

Interesting on Laca, might go to Neikath so he had been on my mind, also possible I guess Auba actually moves back up front.

So many questions over arsenal and who and how they will play its just a midfield in an already tough start without city and united playing in week 1.

Never realised shaw was only 5 mil, hmmmm think i might really like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Something a little different, starting with triple pool defence, and having a United and City player also.

McCarthy (4.0)
    TAA VVD Robertson (Vinagre Johnson)
    Aubumyang DeBruyne Greenwood Son Soucek
    Adams Wilson (4.5)

Leaves me with 2 blanks in GW1 (KDB and Greenwood), and a Johnson who I'm only 75% sure will play. Might put Alli in as a placeholder to give me an extra player with a planned transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

Haven't really taken fantasy football seriously for the last couple of years but looking forward to it this year

Current draft:

Goalkeepers: Johnstone, Button.
    Defenders: TAA, Dier, Justin, KWP, Mitchell
    Midfielders: PEA, Salah, Pulisic, Jota, Reid
    Strikers: Werner, Antonio, Mitrovic

0.5 in bank

Taking a punt on Pulisic. May change him if we got more information before the deadline. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

shano_88 wrote: »
    Haven't really taken fantasy football seriously for the last couple of years but looking forward to it this year

Current draft:

0.5 in bank

Taking a punt on Pulisic. May change him if we got more information before the deadline. Thoughts?

It’s been said a few times but Justin & Mitchel are gambles for minutes. I don’t know will Dier start. Is Reid Fulhams Reed? If so I’m tempted by him currently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Currently thinking about GW1 BB and a GW2 WC to dump the deadwood (Soucek with his fixture turn etc) and jump on some bandwagons as/if they emerge (and United/City players)

Currently on...

McCarthy
    TAA - Doherty - KWP
    Salah - Auba - Perreira - Soucek
    Wilson - Werner - Ings

(Ryan - Stephens - Lascelles - Justin)

Lascelles and Justin can be any 4.5 I just have them in there for the time being ... my thoughts are that with covid getting a 15 out for BB later in the season might be difficult, and no matter what premiums I have Ill almost certainly want KDB/Fernandes and co. in asap anyway (as well as whatever Chelsea mids look good)

In the event that the early wildcard isnt necessary would have a pretty versatile 15 that will likely give me a playing 11 n the event of cancelled games/quarantines etc.

So....

Please talk me down from the ledge as its feels great up here with all my chips :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

It’s been said a few times but Justin & Mitchel are gambles for minutes. I don’t know will Dier start. Is Reid Fulhams Reed? If so I’m tempted by him currently

Thanks.

Could downgrade Dier and upgrade Mitchell, I'll consider it. Im happy enough to take a risk on Justin but I want to keep at least 0.5 in the bank for options from gw2 onwards.

Ya, it's Fulhams Reed, will be constantly on the bench for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

darego wrote: »
    are you worried about Mitchell and Vinagre being non-starters?

Think I'll chance one 4m non starter. Vinagre will start I reckon if he doesn't go on loan. Will be waiting for team news before making final decision on the 4.5 defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Pulisic and Wilson or Werner and ASM? Looking at the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

munster87 wrote: »
    Pulisic and Wilson or Werner and ASM? Looking at the next few weeks.

B all day.

Pulisic will be “managed” back to fitness

Has anyone noticed the Leeds 4mil defender playing as a midfielder?

Lundstram 2.0 :)

Chesty08 wrote: »
    B all day.

Pulisic will be “managed” back to fitness

Easy jump to Martial, Ings, Jiminez too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

tenor.gif

please share. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

If you mean Struijk then I very much doubt he will be a starting midfielder for Leeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shano_88 wrote: »

Current draft:

0.5 in bank

This forum aint big enough for two Shano's

Advertisement