Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

This forum aint big enough for two Shano's

About that, can we have a word with you in the other room?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    About that, can we have a word with you in the other room?

:pac:

I'M CUT

:pac:

I'M CUT

Glad you understand.

🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    If you mean Struijk then I very much doubt he will be a starting midfielder for Leeds.

I think he means Dallas, played in alot of different positions last year for leeds, between CM, winger and full back. Got a few goals last year and a few assists granted. Worth a punt granted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Johnstone
    TAA Davies KWP
    Salah PEA Son Soucek
    Ings Werner Mitro

Button Mitchell Bissouma Douglas

I think I'm done tinkering.
    Main doubt was Son/Ings or JWP/Kane.
    I think the current team is well enough balanced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

bmorrissey wrote: »
    I think he means Dallas, played in alot of different positions last year for leeds, between CM, winger and full back. Got a few goals last year and a few assists granted. Worth a punt granted.

Yeah Dallas did play in midfield a bit last year alright but is mainly used at fullback - I expect him to start at left back this season. He is 4.5 though, not 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭The Liquidator

Johnstone
    TAA Davies KWP
    Salah PEA Son Soucek
    Ings Werner Mitro

Nice 11 but I think the bench is very weak, potentially no starters there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Johnstone
    TAA Davies KWP
    Salah PEA Son Soucek
    Ings Werner Mitro

It's a really nice team and quite similar to mine tbh.

Couple things to ponder as I'd similar thoughts.

Is Bavies really worth an extra 0.5 over a 4.5 DF?
    If Soucek doesn't start well, might see mass transfers out and lose value.
    Mitchell looks like he'll start the season but a transfer waiting to happen.
    I don't think any other 4.0 defenders will start nevermind Douglas, maybe switch to a less owned 4.0 to protect price changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I don't think any other 4.0 defenders will start nevermind Douglas, maybe switch to a less owned 4.0 to protect price changes?

Despite all the Twitter talk Soucek is only owned by 7% of managers so not sure he will drop that quickly. Think he is in my team for the year regardless - so much more potential for 0.5m more!

I think the 5.0m defenders are miles ahead of the 4.5m defenders from a points ceiling perspective.

It's the Spurs fixtures and the fact that I believe Jose will have them quite tight at the back. I honestly believe they will have one of the best defensive records come the end of the season. I think he is worth the extra 0.5 for that reason. Apart from KWP no 4.5s are really convincing me. Who would you suggest?

I know the risks with Soucek, he's been in and out of my team until the news today that he's ok to play. Again nothing much in the 4.5 mids. Reed maybe?

Agree on Mitchell. But he's just an enabler for now.

A lot of the predicted lineups had Douglas starting LB for Leeds. I didn't see much of the Championship last season admittedly. I like the idea of protecting price, but I'd prefer players that might actually start in case they are needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I think Bavies is defo worth it

Nice 11 but I think the bench is very weak, potentially no starters there

I do agree. And it's the cheapest possible bench. But they all enable more premium players in that 11. Also I've went for the 3 that I feel are most likely to start the first few games at that price point. Potentially none are starters, or all 3 are. Time will tell. Mitchell should be safe for 1-2 GWs minimum IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Bavies returned 41 pts from 1430 mins last season. 66pts from 1837 mins the season before. Not a single attacking return in either. Granted he got 9 attacking returns 3 seasons ago, but that season was an anomaly.

manual_man wrote: »
    Bavies returned 41 pts from 1430 mins last season. 66pts from 1837 mins the season before. Not a single attacking return in either. Granted he got 9 attacking returns 3 seasons ago, but that season was an anomaly.

I think he doesn't have much competition this season though for the LB place? Rose surely won't play as many minutes. Rose played 1753 minutes last season to Bavies 1430.

I think he doesn't have much competition this season though for the LB place? Rose surely won't play as many minutes. Rose played 1753 minutes last season to Bavies 1430.
    I don't know. But even if Bavies does start most games, I'd still consider Doherty the better pick at a million more.

I don't know. But even if Bavies does start most games, I'd still consider Doherty the better pick at a million more.

Absolutely, but it would mean downgrading someone like Ings or Mitro. Not touching PEA, Salah, Werner or TAA.
    Want to keep Son also. At least initially.
    Actually, it's sort of Son/Bavies vs Alli/Doherty. Hmmm...

Absolutely, but it would mean downgrading someone like Ings or Mitro. Not touching PEA, Salah, Werner or TAA.
    Want to keep Son also. At least initially.
    Actually, it's sort of Son/Bavies vs Alli/Doherty. Hmmm...
    5m defenders are a strange one. Not too many great options. If I had to go one I'd probably go John Egan...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Any thoughts appreciated as I don’t have too much time to greatly go into my team or think about future possible transfers with united or city players??

McCarthy Johnstone

TAA Saiss Lewis Taylor(Burnley) Mitchell

PEA Salah Son ASM Saka

Werner Adams Mitrovic

5m defenders are a strange one. Not too many great options. If I had to go one I'd probably go John Egan...

Had him in my very 1st draft. But arguably 5 of their first 8 fixtures are very tough. While Spurs only really have United away. And switching Henderson for Ramsdale it's unknown if they'll be as tight at the back.

Again I believe Spurs will have a mean defence this year so it's a matter of opinion. I'm sticking with my gut.

Any thoughts appreciated as I don’t have too much time to greatly go into my team or think about future possible transfers with united or city players??

McCarthy Johnstone

TAA Saiss Lewis Taylor(Burnley) Mitchell

PEA Salah Son ASM Saka

Werner Adams Mitrovic

Nice team. Not sure about Lewis, will he definitely start the first game? Could go safe with Lascelles. If he doesn't start you are relying on Mitchell as Taylor has no game.
    Also who are you benching from your front 8? Saka?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Nice team. Not sure about Lewis, will he definitely start the first game? Could go safe with Lascelles. If he doesn't start you are relying on Mitchell as Taylor has no game.
    Also who are you benching from your front 8? Saka?

Possibly but think Bruce wanted them in the squad for this weekend so maybe his new big signing gets the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

This forum aint big enough for two Shano's

No Shane's zone?

I'll be on my way then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Alisson

Azpilicueta dogerty and holding

Hernandez mane doucoure hojbjerg auba

Kane werner

3 poor bench lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ryan

AA VVD Doherty Dunk

KDB Willian Pulisic Jota

Jiminez Wilson

Bench is Nyland, Obafemi, Stevens

shano_88 wrote: »
    No Shane's zone?

I'll be on my way then.

I'll allow it. As yours is pronounced Shaneo and mine Shan o

We both stay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Alisson

Azpilicueta dogerty and holding

Hernandez mane doucoure hojbjerg auba

Kane werner

3 poor bench lads

In classic fantasy style I'm massively debating hjobjerg now...maybe hes too defensive to get any points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Opting to pick a handful of decent premiums and to hell with the opening gameweek.

Ryan/McCarthy (GK)

Robertson, Doherty, KWP (Ake - branthwaite)

Auba, Mane, Salah, ASM, (fodder)

C. Wilson, nketiah (fodder)

Yes - one of my fodders will need to play... Happy enough with that or not getting the appearance points.

Not feeling confident , I consider auba to be a fantasy football troll because of the many times I have had him and he failed to deliver for me, all the signs post to arsenal starting well and getting goals against a Fulham side who may struggle this year.

I'm wondering about ASM and C. Wilson .... Can Bruce start the season with a win, can ASM continue the form of a few weeks ago, who knows ? Can Wilson start with goals ?

Robertson over TAA is a personal choice, I think in this particular game TAA may not be as sharp and feel Robertson/Mane will get goals, someone posted about Salah scoring on the opening game for the past 3 seasons ... So obviously that's always a possibility... If they all combine, I get the green arrows.

Doherty purely because he should do well, although traditionally this type of game should be 1-1 or similar, which doesn't bode well for a defender.

I'm completely at a loss - like most people - will teams try to stay tight and not conceed in which case 5 at the back is best approach or will teams try to get the three points on the board and try to get a run going.... I suppose time will tell.

Nice team. Not sure about Lewis, will he definitely start the first game?

Ironically if he joined last week he probably would have had less time with the Newcastle squad, the way things went he pulled out of the second international game to sign so was there to train with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Spacific

Smichael
    Vinagre Egan Alonso
    Sourek Son Salah Saint-maximum
    Kane Ings CWilson

Peacock Taylor Rashford Mitchell

• Advertisement

Spacific wrote: »
    Smichael
    Vinagre Egan Alonso
    Sourek Son Salah Saint-maximum