Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Green&Red wrote: »
    Coleman might not even start

hes still captain atm - surely charlo would of taken it of him if he was not in the plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

but1er wrote: »
    hes still captain atm - surely charlo would of taken it of him if he was not in the plans?

Teams can have a club captain who may be a bench player and a team captain who is a first team regular.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

PhilipsR wrote: »
    Hi guys, after a four or five years out, I've decided to give this a go again! Would love some critique as I'm rusty as hell and believe full backs are all the rage now...

GK: Guaita (Miazek)
    DF: Ward, TAA, Davies, Walker-Peters (Lindelof)
    MF: Mane, Havertz, S-Maximin (Doucoure, Romeu)
    FW: Kane, Vardy, Richardson

Would love any top tips or must have cheap players as literally only reading up for first time today so am well behind...

For your keepers, go with a set and forget 8.5 combo from the same team. (Brighton for example)

Might be better 4.5 options than Ward, maybe a Leeds asset. Same with Linedlof, he'll never be a goal threat and United missing GW1.

Doucoure is pricey at 5.5, Soucek at 5.0 at WHU had a good end of season and might allow you to upgrade 0.5 elsewhere.

Havertz may not start GW1 so something to bear in mind. Aubameyang is now a MF but an expensive one at that. One of the first players I wanted in personally.

You could downgrade Richarlison to Adams (6.0) and upgrade elsewhere too.

Your choice of Kane and Vardy up top I like. GL.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Going with a strong enough bench this year. Downgraded Ings to Batshuyai to free up money for defenders. I also fancy Batshuyai to start strongly. He finished last season in good form and scored for Belgium last week.

Ramsdale (Nyland)

Robertson, Hegazi, Bavies (Egan, Walker-Peters)

Auba, Son, Salah, St Maxim (Ceballos)

Mitrovic, Werner*, Batshuyai

* I know barely anything about Werner but his % ownership is ridiculous and I need Chelsea cover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I rate Richarlison actually. I wouldnt get rid of him.

Think he will have a super season with an actual midfield behind him. I reckon he will get 18-20 goals. He got 13 goals last season having to deal with a change in manager and one of the worst midfields in the league.

This year he has literally a whole new midfield behind him. And a world class manager able to bring in his own signings and shape the squad as he wants it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,871 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ok after a few more drafts, I'm down to what combination for my last 15.5m for a defender, midfielder and forward.
    My current thoughts are Keane (5) or Thomas (4.5) in defence, Henderson (5.5) or Soucek (5) in midfield and Bamford (5.5) or Mitrovic (6) up front, any views?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Still deciding....but here is my nearly final draft :)

McCarthy (Ryan)
    KWP, B.Davies, Egan (Dunk, Dallas)
    Mane, AUBA, Rodrigez, Havertz, Soucek
    Werner, Richarilson (Brewster)

Plan on going with 3-5-2. Brewester is just fodder unless he moves to a Prem club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Still deciding....but here is my nearly final draft :)

McCarthy (Ryan)
    KWP, B.Davies, Egan (Dunk, Dallas)
    Mane, AUBA, Rodrigez, Havertz, Soucek
    Werner, Richarilson (Brewster)

Plan on going with 3-5-2. Brewester is just fodder unless he moves to a Prem club.

Just a few notes. Double Everton attack is risky, could pay off but it wouldn't be for me.
    No Liverpool defence could really hurt you. Especially if you're up against the guys who are tripling up. Again it could work, but I highly doubt it.
    I'd prefer TAA/Mitro over Egan/Richarlison. Or downgrade Rodriguez until we see how he adapts.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Coleman might not even start

Who takes Coleman's place? Kenny?
    I think they will probably share minutes but Coleman should start more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

McCarthy

VVD Trent Doherty

Saka Salah Rodriguez Traore

Werner Vardy Antonio

Bench: Ryan(K), McCarthy, and 2 x non runners

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Just a few notes. Double Everton attack is risky, could pay off but it wouldn't be for me.
    No Liverpool defence could really hurt you. Especially if you're up against the guys who are tripling up. Again it could work, but I highly doubt it.
    I'd prefer TAA/Mitro over Egan/Richarlison. Or downgrade Rodriguez until we see how he adapts.

Cheers, thanks for the feedback. I'm just not seeing the 7m+ for the Liverpool defenders as good value. Those doubling or tripling up on them I think is mental, considering they are not keeping clean sheets. No cleansheet in last 5 league games and only 1 in preseason.

Add to the fact they haven't really spent in transfer market, and there will be two games a week until end of season, I can See TAA/Robbo being rotated quite a bit, especially when CL comes around.

But, I'll keep tinkering :)

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Cheers, thanks for the feedback. I'm just not seeing the 7m+ for the Liverpool defenders as good value. Those doubling or tripling up on them I think is mental, considering they are not keeping clean sheets. No cleansheet in last 5 league games and only 1 in preseason.

Add to the fact they haven't really spent in transfer market, and there will be two games a week until end of season, I can See TAA/Robbo being rotated quite a bit, especially when CL comes around.

But, I'll keep tinkering :)

This game is all about going with your instincts. We're here to advise and help, but if you feel confident in going without any LIV defence, good man. We all have our own strategies.

I do however feel that taking the last few games of the season (after they had already won the league) is a bad sample tbh. Preseason even moreso.

TAA and Robbo ended the season on more points than any 7.5 mids I'm pretty sure. They also play in different positions.

So that's kinda contradictory to say they haven't signed anyone, but you see them being rotated often. They don't have much competition really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

i'm done and sticking with

Mccarthy

Robbo , Davies, James

Soucek, EPA , Son ,Saka, Salah

Werner , Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Going without Werner might be a good strategy!

If he doesn’t fire early, high potential to get a jump on the ~50% other teams!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

McCarthy (Ryan)
    TAA Vinagre Salisu (Struijk Holgate (yellow inj))
    Auba Son Mane Saka (Reed)
    Werner DCL Mitrovic

Plan to draft in one of the United big hitters in GW2, and trying to figure out where I could bring in a KDB or Sterling, if needed.

Made a couple of final changes, and plan to stick with it before deadline:

Bissouma and Douglas in for Reed and Struijk.

Happiest I have been with a team in a long time, although Salisu is an unknown entity really in terms of points potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Ok after a few more drafts, I'm down to what combination for my last 15.5m for a defender, midfielder and forward.
    My current thoughts are Keane (5) or Thomas (4.5) in defence, Henderson (5.5) or Soucek (5) in midfield and Bamford (5.5) or Mitrovic (6) up front, any views?

It's actually the toughest bit isn't it? I assume all 3 need to play.

I'd slot the defender in last, lots of 4.5/5m contenders.

For Mids/Fwds I think you're looking at Southampton/Newcastle/West Ham (promoted teams more risk/reward). I've currently gone Soucek/Adams with a 4.5 defender at present, with the caveat, that Soucek missed a week of training

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think I have 12 of 15 locked in(ha:pac:) so my last 3 are:

A. Ward (or other 4.5), Saint Maximin, Kane

B. Egan, Son, Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Benimar wrote: »
    Think I have 12 of 15 locked in(ha:pac:) so my last 3 are:

A. Ward (or other 4.5), Saint Maximin, Kane

B. Egan, Son, Wilson

B for me.

Primarily because I think Palace may well be awful - and Ward will be displaced by Ferguson in time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Leaning towards;

Ryan Johnstone (maybe Martinez if he looks like signing for Villa)

Robbo KWP Justin Lewis Mitchel

Auba Salah Mane JWP Ceballos

Werner Robinson Davies (was hoping Brewster would be with another Prem club by now)

4 5 1 to start with. Heavy on premium mids and light up front as a result, Brewtser not having moved yet is an issue. Mane will switch to KDB for GW2 which also gives me an extra 0.5 to play with after. I think it good to start with premiums as it is easy then to switch to cheaper players if needed, going from cheaper to premium generally costs transfer points. I always cover 7 different clubs across the keepers/defense and rotate based on fixtures. Lack of a nailed on 4.0 defender is an issue this season.

I'm not worried about ManU players for GW2, I'll get one later if necessary. Not too keen on Spurs either, Everton could be a tougher nut to crack this season and they have a crazy schedule after that. There are lots of potential good value 7.5 - 9.5 mids who could be very good value but rather than taking a punt, I'll wait for someone to reveal themselves. I'll start with the proven big hitters and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Going without Werner might be a good strategy!

If he doesn’t fire early, high potential to get a jump on the ~50% other teams!
    First 2 games certainly aren't easy. New players have had very little time together. You'd probably want to be strategizing to get him in for gw3 or gw4 though, and have a contingency plan to get him in earlier in case he gets off to a flier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

manual_man wrote: »
    First 2 games certainly aren't easy. New players have had very little time together. You'd probably want to be strategizing to get him in for gw3 or gw4 though, and have a contingency plan to get him in earlier in case he gets off to a flier.

Werner and Havertz are the only of Chelsea's new signings available this weekend, and Havertz hasn't been there long so may not start. Werner could be the only change from last season and he has been training with them for a good while so will have integrated into the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »

I think in Kane & Vardy (both also with nice fixtures) you have very good alternatives and obviously can easily switch to Werner based on form / fixtures.

I’m looking at it more so from a risk / reward perspective.

48% of teams is an insane number for a new PL player!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Yeah but Werner has already played for Chelsea against Brighton and scored, him TAA, Salah and Ings were the first names on my team. Currently On
    McCarthy (Nyland)
    TAA, KWP, Vinagre, (Mitchell, Shaw)
    Salah(c), Auba, Soucek, Ali (Bassouma)
    Werner,Antonio,Ings
    Think Shaw is the more exciting of Utds defenders and can trade Salah, Ali or Werner for Bruno, Rashford or Martial. Might do Lascelles instead of KWP to avoid a Saints-treble up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Almost there

McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Robbo, Davies, Lascelles/James, Taylor

Salah, Auba, ASM, Soucek, Ali

Mitro, Werner, Davies

Final Decision
    Lascelles and .5m or James?

James
    Better Team
    More assist potential

Rotation Risk

Lacelles
    More goal threat
    steps 5 at the back temptation
    allows 0.5m to allow for price rises - Ali to Havertz or Mitro to Wilson
    Nailed on

Worse team
    No assist potential

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Ryan (Steer)
    Saliba Walker-Peters TAA Justin (Dallas)
    ASM Salah Auba Son (Reed)
    Ings Werner Davis

.5 ITB allows Ings to Martial GW2

Saliba is a punt, but I think he's going to start. 4.5 is great value for Arsenal defensive cover which I think will be much improved this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Getting near my final team after a lot of messing around.. here goes feel free to tell me what is wrong...

Ryan Martin

Egan Robertson Douglas Vinegare Branthwaite

Son Auba Salah St Maximum Stephens

Inga. Werner. Mitrovic..

I am looking at Vinegare in defence at being moved out as there is talk of a transfer..any ideas who to replace him with?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭sligolad1

Thoughts on this squad? Any help appreciated!

McCarthy; Nyland

Alexander-Arnold, Davies, Saliba, Egan, Mitchell

Fernandes, De Bruyne, Grealish, McCarthy, Aubameyang

Werner, Mitrovic, Brewster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

sligolad1 wrote: »

McCarthy; Nyland

You won’t have 11 starters for week 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

sligolad1 wrote: »

McCarthy; Nyland

4 players not starting gameweek one. So your formation will be 5/3/2.

• Advertisement

Final decisions. Ings + 4.5mid or Pulisic + 4.5 FW?
    Also have Werner.

Other one is the best 6m FW. Have Mitro.
    But if I go without Ings, maybe switch to Adams?

Advertisement