Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this squad? Any help appreciated!

McCarthy; Nyland

Alexander-Arnold, Davies, Saliba, Egan, Mitchell

Fernandes, De Bruyne, Grealish, McCarthy, Aubameyang

Werner, Mitrovic, Brewster

3 not playing GW1 is simply too many. And that's before the fodder in Brewster!

McCarthy is a bad choice, not nailed, yellow card magnet and 0 chance of scoring, in a team likely to concede.You'll need to fix those two issues.

Final decisions. Ings + 4.5mid or Pulisic + 4.5 FW?
    Also have Werner.

Other one is the best 6m FW. Have Mitro.
    But if I go without Ings, maybe switch to Adams?

Mount and Adams would solve your problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sligolad1 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this squad? Any help appreciated!

McCarthy; Nyland

Alexander-Arnold, Davies, Saliba, Egan, Mitchell

Fernandes, De Bruyne, Grealish, McCarthy, Aubameyang

Werner, Mitrovic, Brewster

Nice squad but you won’t have 11 starters this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Current draft:

GK: McCarthy

Def: Trent AA, Robbo, Justin, KWP

Mid: Willian, PEA, StMax, Son

Str: Werner, Wilson

Subs: Button, Mitchell, Reed, Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Mount and Adams would solve your problems.

I wouldn't fancy Mount at all this season with Pulisic, Havertz, Ziyech there ahead of him. Not to mention RLC and CHO.

I think I'll go Pulisic and Adams. Even if Pulisic misses the first game I'll have someone to sub in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Current draft:

GK: McCarthy

Def: Trent AA, Robbo, Justin, KWP

Mid: Willian, PEA, StMax, Son

Str: Werner, Wilson

Subs: Button, Mitchell, Reed, Martial

Any reason for Willian and double Arsenal?

Think he was on penalties at Chelsea so that got him points but Auba will be taking them at Arsenal. Not sure I see the value with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Done messing about, thoughts on final team?

GK: Ramsdale

DF: Justin, TAA, Bavies

MD: Salah, Auba, ASM, Soucek

FW: Werner, Ings, Antonio

BENCH: Nyland, Mitchell, Bissouma, Laporte

- 0.5mil in the bank for potential GW 2 / 3 changes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Lascelles/James, Taylor

I'd have Lascelles and James before I'd have Taylor tbh. Burnley look a pretty stagnant squad while those around them have strengthened, wouldn't surprise me to see them near the foot of the table this season. Apart from Pope and Tark, if Burnley got relegated, would any of their players would get even looked at by Prem clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any reason for Willian and double Arsenal?

Think he was on penalties at Chelsea so that got him points but Auba will be taking them at Arsenal. Not sure I see the value with him.

Willian and Wilson will both be moved on in GW3 (Banking transfer in GW2). Arsenal's first 2 fixtures are whopper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'd have Lascelles and James before I'd have Taylor tbh. Burnley look a pretty stagnant squad while those around them have strengthened, wouldn't surprise me to see them near the foot of the table this season. Apart from Pope and Tark, if Burnley got relegated, would any of their players would get even looked at by Prem clubs?

Dwight McNeil is a player that looks like he has the ability to go to at a minimum a top half team (I guess Burnely are) if not higher. He's still only 20 and looks good in nearly every game I've seen him but lacks that real burst of pace for a winger.

He's 6.0m and played every game last year but only got 3.3pts for every 90 minutes. Two goals, 7 assists, and 16 clean sheets. He's probably 0.5m above me having him 100% in my team but he's one I'm keeping an eye on if he progresses again. He does get to take some free kicks/corners so if he nails himself down as the main set piece taker that will also up his potential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Fromvert wrote: »
    Dwight McNeil is a player that looks like he has the ability to go to at a minimum a top half team (I guess Burnely are) if not higher. He's still only 20 and looks good in nearly every game I've seen him but lacks that real burst of pace for a winger.

He's 6.0m and played every game last year but only got 3.3pts for every 90 minutes. Two goals, 7 assists, and 16 clean sheets. He's probably 0.5m above me having him 100% in my team but he's one I'm keeping an eye on if he progresses again.

Yes McNeil was the other player I had in mind. My point was about how poor the Burnley squad is so I will be staying away from them until we see how they are getting on. Of their potentially useful players from an FPL POV, all are overpriced for me right now.

Yes McNeil was the other player I had in mind. My point was about how poor the Burnley squad is so I will be staying away from them until we see how they are getting on. Of their potentially useful players from an FPL POV, all are overpriced for me right now.

Oh yeah, with their non investment and Dyche complaining a bit after the restart they're still a watch.

Was more just me throwing out McNeill as a guy to watch/is talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Getting closer, but not convinced there won't be another draft before deadline :D

Johnstone | Button

I wanted a 4.5 + 4.0 pairing from the same team. This might have been McCarthy, but for KWP in defence - didn't want a Saints defensive double.

KWP | TAA | Bavies | Vinagre | Mitchell

The more I read about Vinagre the more convinced I am he'll start the season at least. I had Justin in there, but didn't want three question marks, so I managed to find 0.5 to get to Bavies.

PEA | Salah | Alli | Soucek | Bissouma

Now that Soucek has been cleared for GW1 I'm happier about the inclusion. He was ASM, but I needed that 0.5 for the Bavies upgrade. I'm not totally convinced about Alli, but at that price point there are a few options to change - Havertz, Ziyech, or James if they set the PL alight; Greenwood if United don't sign Sancho; Zaha if he looks like he might return to his old self. Bissouma is there thanks to klopparama's effusive post about him yesterday, but he could end up being Romeu.

Werner | Martial | Mitro

I said a fair bit about my Martial pick on the general thread, I'm happy to have him on bench in GW1 rather than committing to transfers for GW2. Werner is mostly fear of falling behind if he's as explosive as the community thinks he will be. I was tossing up between Mitro and Adams, that might be one I change still.

This is my current team anyway (1.0 ITB)

McCarthy (Nyland)

TAA - KWP - Lewis (Ayling, Johnson)

Salah - PEA - Alli - Saka (Bissouma)

Werner - Richarlison - Mitro

Defence - Double Southampton is an issue. Lewis I like if Newcastle play a 5 so he can get more forward. Watching Bellerin for the same reason as above. Will likely bring in Shaw next week.

Midfield - I plan on going PEA to KDB/Sterling or maybe Alli (who's inclusion is a punt) to Mahrez. Watching McNeil and Keita, it always feels like Klopp wants him in his first 11 but he can't stay fit. Pulisic would be in but for the injury chat.

Forward - I've spent a bit but the sub 6.0m strikers are poor this year. Will wait to downgrade if there's a cheapy getting game time/pushing for a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thoughts?

McCarthy

TAA---B.Davies---Walker-Peters

Mane---Aubamayang---Son---Dendoncker

Ings--Werner--Mitrovic

SUBS: Nyland, Bernardo, Stephens, Douglas

Not sure about Dendoncker - is there a better 4.5 option?

Also - why are so many signing Soucek? He has Arsenal, Wolves, Leicester, Totenham, Man City and Liverpool in firsts 7 games!

On Soucek - He is a Fellaini like threat from set pieces. Regardless of how the game is going, a corner and he can pop up with a goal. He doesn't need his team to dominate to get goals, he just needs a set piece.

Tusky wrote: »
    Thoughts?

McCarthy

TAA---B.Davies---Walker-Peters

Mane---Aubamayang---Son---Dendoncker

Ings--Werner--Mitrovic

SUBS: Nyland, Bernardo, Stephens, Douglas

Not sure about Dendoncker - is there a better 4.5 option?

Similar enough to mine. Any worries with the double Southampton defence? I was big on them last year and big on them doing better this year so want both as they're good value but I might end up switching out McCarthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fromvert wrote: »
    Similar enough to mine. Any worries with the double Southampton defence? I was big on them last year and big on them doing better this year so want both as they're good value but I might end up switching out McCarthy.

Some concerns yeah but I had two Southampton defenders last year for most of the season and served me well! They also have a relatively good run of fixtures for the first 8 or so games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Thoughts on this lineup? I had double liverpool defence with Robertson but swayed away from it to bulk the midfield. Not 100% convinced by Alli but something tells me he will have a big season. Probably wrong because he has always let me down in the past

McCarthy (Button)

Tierney KWP TAA (Douglas Barnardo)

Salah Alli PEA ASM (Bissouma)

Mitrovic Werner Ings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think you are right about Burnley, but you were also right last year and they kept lots of clean sheets.

Going Lascelles anyways, Newcastle have a great run (and rotate will with Burnley).

I love the idea of James, but surprised to see only two assists, and a rotation risk isnt something I want to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Finally getting around to getting a team properly setup today, hate the first GW!

Ramsdale
    TAA Robbo Bavies KWP
    Salah PEA ASM Son
    Werner Mitro
    Nyland Mitchell Bissouma Davis

Not really happy with my forwards but will have to sacrifice Robbo to upgrade and nothing really jumping out besides Ings. Would then have to downgrade Bavies and ASM to Justin/Soucek/4.0 def. Lack of forward options this season is making it difficult. Any thoughts welcome

Finally getting around to getting a team properly setup today, hate the first GW!

Ramsdale
    TAA Robbo Bavies KWP
    Salah PEA ASM Son
    Werner Mitro
    Nyland Mitchell Bissouma Davis

Not really happy with my forwards but will have to sacrifice Robbo to upgrade and nothing really jumping out besides Ings. Would then have to downgrade Bavies and ASM to Justin/Soucek/4.0 def. Lack of forward options this season is making it difficult. Any thoughts welcome

Very very similar team to myself so of course I like it.

I don't have too much faith in Sheff U this year. Everything said about Burnley also applies to them and dont rate Ramsdale at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Very very similar team to myself so of course I like it.

I don't have too much faith in Sheff U this year. Everything said about Burnley also applies to them and dont rate Ramsdale at all.

Yeah not sure on Ramsdale at all, had McCarthy but dont like the double up with KWP. Could change to a McCarthy/Ryan double up for same funds

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Yeah not sure on Ramsdale at all, had McCarthy but dont like the double up with KWP. Could change to a McCarthy/Ryan double up for same funds

I think Ramsdale is a good keeper but FPL wise having McCarthy/4.5m + Egan makes more sense, if you want SHU cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Gone for the McCarthy/Ryan option myself as I just think it allows me to drop one if they have a very tough fixture.

Also have a very similar team with Ings possible because I dropped Son for bench fodder and will play 433 most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭cizolin

Think I'm nearly there
    What ye reckon?

Johnstone
    TAA, Justin, Robertson
    Bousumma, Auba, Salah(c), pulisic, st. Maxim
    Kane, Mitro

Steer,Vingare, obafemi, brathwaite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Gonna have an awful headache when KDB comes back

cizolin wrote: »
    Think I'm nearly there
    What ye reckon?

Johnstone
    TAA, Justin, Robertson
    Bousumma, Auba, Salah(c), pulisic, st. Maxim
    Kane, Mitro

Steer,Vingare, obafemi, brathwaite

Why Johnstone?

See him in lots of teams. Id expect Brighton Leeds and Southampton to get more cleans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

End Friday draft leaving enough in the bank for KDB to come in for Son

McCarthy
    TAA Robertson Doherty Egan
    PEA Salah Son Soucek
    Adams Wilson

Will be bringing KDB in from Son to give the big midfield from GW2. Gives me 3 big midfield captain options, and the likely penalty taker for Arsenal, Liverpool and City.

Want to see something from Chelsea (new players) and Untied (form) before buying into them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Almost there

McCarthy, Nyland

TAA, Robbo, Davies, Lascelles/James, Taylor

Salah, Auba, ASM, Soucek, Ali

Mitro, Werner, Davies

Final Decision
    Lascelles and .5m or James?

James
    Better Team
    More assist potential

Rotation Risk

Lacelles
    More goal threat
    steps 5 at the back temptation
    allows 0.5m to allow for price rises - Ali to Havertz or Mitro to Wilson
    Nailed on

Worse team
    No assist potential

Really like this team - similar to my own. I'd go Lascelles over James. He rotates well with Taylor too.

Advertisement