Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think Henderson was a massive part of the Sheff U appeal and Ramsdale is a poor replacement, I will be avoiding.

Wonder what Henderson will do for the season, he'll hardly sit on the bench at United all year will he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Have stuck with this draft the last few days, balance seems to work out best so far,
    McCarty
    Trent vinagre Salina Ferguson/douglas
    Salah auba soucek
    Kane Werner mitrovic
    Nyland greenwood bissouma Ferguson/ Douglas

The cheaper Def and bissouma can still be changed as goes on, forward a little heavy I think but it was Kane or son, and no bargain bin forwards I want at the minute, greenwood as United cover then possible moves for Kane or auba to kdb or martial depending on how they play between gw 2 or 3,

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wonder what Henderson will do for the season, he'll hardly sit on the bench at United all year will he?

He could for a season I'd say. I've a feeling United will sell De Gea after the Euros. I think Henderson would take one season as a bench warmer with the result being Man United No. 1 at the end.

Granted he'll probably still see lots of action with all the cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I haven't really looked into it yet but after reading a couple of pages we dont want wolves defenders we dont want sheff utd defenders taa is nearly an auto pick. Arsenal and Chelsea cant defend. United? Who knows.. kinda running out of defenders at this stage surely taa +3 4.5s cant be the best way to go? Prime strategy for an early wildcard imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I haven't really looked into it yet but after reading a couple of pages we dont want wolves defenders we dont want sheff utd defenders taa is nearly an auto pick. Arsenal and Chelsea cant defend. United? Who knows.. kinda running out of defenders at this stage surely taa +3 4.5s cant be the best way to go? Prime strategy for an early wildcard imo

I am looking at

TAA, Doherty, VVD, Aurier, Justin

or

TAA, Doherty, Wan B, Aurier, Ferguson

But on the above, I dont think its early wildcard territory, its much easier to downgrade one premium FW/MF to get in a Robbo then downgrade 3 defenders to bring in a Kane etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I am looking at

TAA, Doherty, VVD, Aurier, Justin

or

TAA, Doherty, Wan B, Aurier, Ferguson

But on the above, I dont think its early wildcard territory, its much easier to downgrade one premium FW/MF to get in a Robbo then downgrade 3 defenders to bring in a Kane etc.
    Spurs have a bidding war going on with Milan, Monaco and Leverkusen to sell Aurier, he'll be gone by GW1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

My standard approach at the back is 1 x premium, 3 x 4.5 and 1 x 4. I will be doing the same this year. I also go with 2 x 4.5 keepers so have five different clubs covered at the back, play the ones with best fixture each week. I don't see anyone at the 5.5 or 5 price point worth paying extra for when I can have another def from that team for cheaper, Stevens maybe but SU might not keep as many CSs after downgrading keeper. There are decent options at 4.5; KWP, Foyth, Justin, Vinagre, someone from Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

McCarthy - 4.0
    TAA - Robbo - Vingare - Justin - 4.0
    Salah - Auba - Son - Ritchie - 4.5
    Kane - Antonio - 4.5

Forwards can become Ings & Jimi if needs be. Or Vardy can come in for Kane. I’m not totally sold on Antonio but it helps me bring in a premium forward and Kane has nice opening 3 games.

Just struggling to see how I fit in City/United assets after GW1.

Edit: Actually, Robbo + Son to Pieters + Sterling/Bruno is one route I could go down. I love owning Son though....

Edit 2: Auba’s fixtures turn bad from GW3 (Although he could be a season keeper). Himself and Kane can go to make way for Bruno and Sterling potentially. So I have options.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

sheroman01 wrote: »
    McCarthy - 4.0
    TAA - Robbo - Vingare - Justin - 4.0
    Salah - Auba - Son - Ritchie - 4.5
    Kane - Antonio - 4.5

Forwards can become Ings & Jimi if needs be. Or Vardy can come in for Kane. I’m not totally sold on Antonio but it helps me bring in a premium forward and Kane has nice opening 3 games.

Just struggling to see how I fit in City/United assets after GW1.

Edit: Actually, Robbo + Son to Pieters + Sterling/Bruno is one route I could go down. I love owning Son though....

This is part of the reason I have gone cheap at back 4.5 x 3 and 4.0 x 2.
    It gives options to easily get city/man u midfielders or attackers whichever looks best form/value from gw1/2.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This is part of the reason I have gone cheap at back 4.5 x 3 and 4.0 x 2.
    It gives options to easily get city/man u midfielders or attackers whichever looks best form/value from gw1/2.

Yeah, might towards Robbo out. No way I’ll go without TAA though, he stays. Regardless of fixtures, form, etc, he’s just a fun player to own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

What do ye think?

McCarthy
    TAA - Tierney - Ajayi
    PEA - Salah ASM - Pereira
    Ings - Jiménez - Mitrović

Bench:
    Fabri
    White
    Dallas
    Armstrong

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

evil_seed wrote: »
    What do ye think?

McCarthy
    TAA - Tierney - Ajayi

Bench:
    Fabri
    White
    Dallas
    Armstrong

I dunno much about that Ajayi fella. But I can see you have gone for all round balance. Nothing wrong with that strategy.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Yeah, might towards Robbo out. No way I’ll go without TAA though, he stays. Regardless of fixtures, form, etc, he’s just a fun player to own.

Boring player to own if everyone else owns him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

evil_seed wrote: »
    What do ye think?

McCarthy
    TAA - Tierney - Ajayi

Bench:
    Fabri
    White
    Dallas
    Armstrong

I don't see Ajayi and Tierney in particular as justifying their price. I personally would switch both to a player 0.5 cheaper and put that money elsewhere, probably a Pereira upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is this pereira at Leicester or another pereira?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is this pereira at Leicester or another pereira?

West Brom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭skippy15

Here is my team, seem close bar one or two small changes in pre season
    Mccarthy
    Trent Saliba Vinagre KWP
    Salah Auba Son Soucek
    Mitro Werner

Nyland Mitchel Greenwood Davis/ Brewster
    I left 1m ITB

Plan then by gw 3 will be Auba+ Son to KDB and Fernandez, just debating whether to try downgrade KWP to give some breeding room in price rises, or take the -4 with inevitable price madness
    Midfiled then of Salah KDB Fenandez Greenwood Soucek which id be happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 17,267 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

skippy15 wrote: »
    Mccarthy
    Trent Saliba Vinagre KWP
    Salah Auba Son Soucek
    Mitro Werner

I left 1m ITB

Plan then by gw 3 will be Auba+ Son to KDB and Fernandez, just debating whether to try downgrade KWP to give some breeding room in price rises, or take the -4 with inevitable price madness

I would beware of Soucek personally. I have literally just shifted him from my squad for ASM. West Ham have terrible fixtures bar GW1 & GW3.

Mccarthy
    Trent Saliba Vinagre KWP
    Salah Auba Son Soucek
    Mitro Werner

I left 1m ITB

Going quite similar to you. By GW3 I’d ideally love to have this team:

Mccarthy
    Trent Justin Vinagre KWP
    Salah Sterling Son Bruno St.Max
    Ings (or Jimi)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Mccarthy
    Trent Saliba Vinagre KWP
    Salah Auba Son Soucek
    Mitro Werner

I left 1m ITB

I have very similar team except Armstrong instead of son as I’ve an extra premium defender in Robertson.

Is saliba likely to start games? Partnering David Luiz?

• Advertisement

gammygils wrote: »
    I would beware of Soucek personally. I have literally just shifted him from my squad for ASM. West Ham have terrible fixtures bar GW1 & GW3.

His fixtures were a concern for me too but he is a real danger from set pieces, scored a couple in the project restart and one in a preseason game recently. For 5.0 I think he’s good value as a fifth midfielder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Saliba seems a bit of a trap, they've a lot of options at the back. Very hard to know who starts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Saliba seems a bit of a trap, they've a lot of options at the back. Very hard to know who starts

Did they not buy another CB during the week? Magalheus?

Saliba is only 19, has played 30 times for St Etienne in three years. No way hers starting or anywhere near it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    His fixtures were a concern for me too but he is a real danger from set pieces, scored a couple in the project restart and one in a preseason game recently. For 5.0 I think he’s good value as a fifth midfielder

Probably the position I’ve had most problem filling, for me it’s a 5.5m budget as fourth, playing mid.
    Soucek would be my pick but for the fixtures. Armstrong seems like another Redmond. Currently on Ritchie. Had him post lockdown and he did savage. Reclassified now but still a good option. I kinda expect Newcastle to do ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Green&Red wrote: »
    Did they not buy another CB during the week? Magalheus?

Saliba is only 19, has played 30 times for St Etienne in three years. No way hers starting or anywhere near it

Little bit disingenuous there! He started 17 of their 42 games last season and was injured for 6 weeks, he was 100% part of their first choice 11. No idea if he will start but to say he definitely won't and is nowhere near starting is miles off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Probably the position I’ve had most problem filling, for me it’s a 5.5m budget as fourth, playing mid.
    Soucek would be my pick but for the fixtures. Armstrong seems like another Redmond. Currently on Ritchie. Had him post lockdown and he did savage. Reclassified now but still a good option. I kinda expect Newcastle to do ok

NABY KEITA

Chesty08 wrote: »
    NABY KEITA

Saka at Arsenal also at 5.5 is on my watch list

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm looking at a Soucek/Ritchie rotation at the moment. Had Armstrong in there but tempted to start off with both Ings and Adams instead with a view to maybe movíng Ings to Martial at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Saka at Arsenal also at 5.5 is on my watch list

He was superb today. His final pass is unreal for such a young player. Will he start though? Any Arsenal fans here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What's wrong with St Maximum? Plays every game when fit for a measly 5.5.

Advertisement