Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What's wrong with St Maximum? Plays every game when fit for a measly 5.5.

He plays for Newcastle, Ritchie is. 5 cheaper.

But he's a good shout.

Very hard to pick this year

Looking at a midfield 4 of Salah, Auba, Son, Greenwood - with KDB in for Salah/Auba depending on how first few weeks go.

Maybe KDB, Salah, Son, Greenwood, Saka longer term

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »
    NABY KEITA

I’ve TAA and Robbo currently, no way I’d tie up that last pool spot

What's wrong with St Maximum? Plays every game when fit for a measly 5.5.

Ritchie takes penalties and free kicks

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Saka at Arsenal also at 5.5 is on my watch list

Neither Pepe nor Willian was involved yesterday, that would worry me

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Green&Red wrote: »
    Neither Pepe nor Willian was involved yesterday, that would worry me

Yea I’ll leave him out and monitor his minutes. Very good player but not much use for fpl if he’s not on the pitch!

I see you mentioned Ritchie on set pieces. Does he generally play as an wing back (attacking?) in a 3 at the back formation? I didn’t get to watch much football last year due to a newborn so not as clued in with last seasons details as I’d like to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

But he's a good shout.

Looking at a midfield 4 of Salah, Auba, Son, Greenwood - with KDB in for Salah/Auba depending on how first few weeks go.

Been giving things a lot of thought last few days & I think a midfield like this leaves you very light in attack where as a bit heavier up top (Kane, Martial, Werner) allows you to go with X2 big hitting mids plus 3 players in that 5.5mil value bracket

Giving the team more balance

An example attack:

Aubameyang DeBruyne Soucek Saint Maxim (Keita/Saka)

Kane Werner Martial

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Been giving things a lot of thought last few days & I think a midfield like this leaves you very light in attack where as a bit heavier up top (Kane, Martial, Werner) allows you to go with X2 big hitting mids plus 3 players in that 5.5mil value bracket

An example attack:

Kane Werner Martial

I think 3 expensive forwards is overkill. There's bound to be 1 cheap striker punching above his weight so I think 1 cheap striker and 1 cheap mid is a better balance. I'd prefer Fernandes and a cheap striker to Kane and a cheap mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I think 3 expensive forwards is overkill. There's bound to be 1 cheap striker punching above his weight so I think 1 cheap striker and 1 cheap mid is a better balance. I'd prefer Fernandes and a cheap striker to Kane and a cheap mid.

Mitrovic is probably the only one at 6mil, the rest look fairly priced.

That is my point, which 5.5mil striker are you happy to invest in? There are not many options. Plenty of midfield options to jump around on & I don’t think Kane will be that far behind (if he is)

Mitrovic is probably the only one at 6mil, the rest look fairly priced.

That is my point, which 5.5mil striker are you happy to invest in? There are not many options. Plenty of midfield options to jump around on & I don’t think Kane will be that far behind (if he is)

I think Adams might start the season well, Wood at 6.5m would be the best cheap striker but that would bring you down to Son or Rashford instead of Fernandes. Nothing wrong with your tactic though, I just prefer Wood to any of the 6.5m mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I think Adams might start the season well, Wood at 6.5m would be the best cheap striker but that would bring you down to Son or Rashford instead of Fernandes. Nothing wrong with your tactic though, I just prefer Wood to any of the 6.5m mids.

Any love for DCL at 7m if Everton sign Allen and Rodriguez? Most will want to wait and see with how bad Everton were after the restart but could be a differential if you get on board early

• Advertisement

An example attack:

Kane Werner Martial

Yes fair point, Son is the one really.

I can't tell if he's underpriced or fairly priced. There always seems go extenuating circumstances with him.

Looking at

Martinez

TAA Davies KWP Justin (Vinagre)

Salah Auba Son Greenwood (Ritchie)

Mitro Werner (Davies)

Might go 4m defender and upgrade Ritchie or more likely Mitro to Wood

Any love for DCL at 7m if Everton sign Allen and Rodriguez? Most will want to wait and see with how bad Everton were after the restart but could be a differential if you get on board early

Not yet, he was awful at the end of the season. I'd be waiting to see with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Absolutely no do not go near DCL. I’d sooner tear my ACL than have DCL in my team. He’s even over priced at 7m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

But he's a good shout.

Im tempted by Ritchie too but just worried about his minutes. ASM just guarantees more starts but it’s a close call for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I'm not 100% on TAA.i don't think he's got. He hasn't featured in any preseason games for Liverpool yet.

Could be a sudden selloff if he doesn't start first game or 2 (and a price drop). Robbo looks more certain to start at pool with neco Williams on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

TAA was touch and go for the Comm Shield apparently, he could have played they just didn't want to risk him. Williams still has a lot to learn and TAA is a key player. I think TAA will be in the starting XI, Klopp knows the margin for error is zero if they want to retain the title, I don't think he'd risk not playing TAA. I'd be surprised if TAA didn't start

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

daheff wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on TAA.i don't think he's got. He hasn't featured in any preseason games for Liverpool yet.

Could be a sudden selloff if he doesn't start first game or 2 (and a price drop). Robbo looks more certain to start at pool with neco Williams on the right
    Morzadec wrote: »
    TAA was touch and go for the Comm Shield apparently, he could have played they just didn't want to risk him. Williams still has a lot to learn and TAA is a key player. I think TAA will be in the starting XI, Klopp knows the margin for error is zero if they want to retain the title, I don't think he'd risk not playing TAA. I'd be surprised if TAA didn't start

Williams was awful in the charity shield so TAA should start. I have come around to the thinking of no Liverpool for at least the first three weeks.
    Leeds should give them a good game, Arsenal on the up and Chelsea very attacking.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Why Wood over Barnes who is cheaper out of interest? IIRC Barnes tends to start the season well but fades away as it wears on. Hes probably not the most naturally athletic guy so seems to do well early on when his conditioning is highest so could be a decent option for the first few weeks, though the blank in GW1 negates that somewhat.

And on the 6 strikes, there was talk of Mousset going to WBA which could make him more assured of game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Double post.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Why Wood over Barnes who is cheaper out of interest? IIRC Barnes tends to start the season well but fades away as it wears on. Hes probably not the most naturally athletic guy so seems to do well early on when his conditioning is highest so could be a decent option for the first few weeks, though the blank in GW1 negates that somewhat.

Barnes lost his place in the team to J Rodriguez at the end of last season. Wood is more consistent anyway and on penos.

• Advertisement

Wood has crazy stats. Something like 58 of his 70 odd shots last year were inside the box and “big chances”

Wood has crazy stats. Something like 58 of his 70 odd shots last year were inside the box and “big chances”

Yea everything seems to go through Wood in attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Am I the only one who thinks Williams has looked awful every time he has played?

He is young so it’s not a stab at his future but I can’t see him as a legitimate beneficiary of any of Trent’s meaningful minutes this season. He isn’t a worthy deputy.

CSF wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Williams has looked awful every time he has played?

He is young so it’s not a stab at his future but I can’t see him as a legitimate beneficiary of any of Trent’s meaningful minutes this season. He isn’t a worthy deputy.

When he started in the league I agree.

I think we'd see Gomez at RB before Williams starts an important game

Probably lots of tinkering to go yet but currently on

Johnstone - Button
    Williams (Utd) - TAA - Robbo - Doherty - Palace 4m
    Pepe - Perez - Salah - Ritchie - Gordon
    Kane - Werner - 4.5m

Plan to turn Salah into Bruno in GW2, while I don’t think United will be anywhere close this season they have great fixtures and Ole’s team has shown they can go through patches where they are unstoppable. Probably C Bruno for a lot of the first 6/7 GWs apart from GW4 where Werner will get it.

Pepe could easily become Zichek but if I’m going without Auba he gives some coverage. Either him or Perez will turn into Mahrez.

Salah could also be Auba for the first week, having decided yet. I don’t think two London derbies are as good a fixture as everyone thinks for Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Probably lots of tinkering to go yet but currently on

Johnstone - Button
    Williams (Utd) - TAA - Robbo - Doherty - Palace 4m
    Pepe - Perez - Salah - Ritchie - Gordon
    Kane - Werner - 4.5m

Plan to turn Salah into Bruno in GW2, while I don’t think United will be anywhere close this season they have great fixtures and Ole’s team has shown they can go through patches where they are unstoppable. Probably C Bruno for a lot of the first 6/7 GWs apart from GW4 where Werner will get it.

Pepe could easily become Zichek but if I’m going without Auba he gives some coverage. Either him or Perez will turn into Mahrez.

Salah could also be Auba for the first week, having decided yet. I don’t think two London derbies are as good a fixture as everyone thinks for Arsenal

I think Fulham could be in for a battering against Arsenal. If there were crowds I would agree with your point on derbies. But no crowds change that. You seem to have a rough plan anyway which is the main thing and not afraid to drop any player if benefits your side. If only Mayo had the same attitude! :D

Ritchie and Perez are what I would call sneaky shrewd picks. Personally I would prefer JWP to Perez though. Dunno why JWP is not in more teams fixtures set p and captain!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Cheers. I’ve considered JWP alright, I’ve had Armstrong in there instead of Ritchie so that kinda led me off him.

I saw a stat somewhere that he was top for chances created in mids under 9m, must look it up again

The attraction with Perez is that if he goes off the ceiling is massive, he’s a premium player when he’s on a streak, he’s a turd when he’s not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Martinez is being tipped with a move away, wouldn't read too much into him playing yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

No idea what's going on with the site, the last post was a team with Martinez when I did that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Martinez is being tipped with a move away, wouldn't read too much into him playing yesterday.
    The good thing with Martinez/Leno, is with media attention, there is a good chance we will know who is in goal for the early game vs Fulham, before even the extended deadline of 90 mins.

Advertisement