Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Seen a great Budget defence!!

Holding Mee Long White Koch

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    True that is the optimum combination. I just really like Greenwood’s price for such a good finisher in a top 4 team but I will whip him out if a major signing comes in.

Yeah he looks like he could be great value. Are you just going to bench him for gameweek 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Yeah he looks like he could be great value. Are you just going to bench him for gameweek 1?

Benching him gw 1 and transfer in Bruno gw 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kane/Son or Ings/Auba?? for 1st few GW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Any concerns for Ziyech not starting GW1?
    Seeing him in a few drafts still (Including my own)

Think it was a knee injury but he did walk off the pitch after it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

First cut and I think i'm happy with it

Ryan/McCarthy

Doherty, Saliba, VVD (Bernardo, Douglas)

Auba, Saint Maximin, Pulisic, Son (Perreira)

Ings, Mitrovic, Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Kane/Son or Ings/Auba?? for 1st few GW

I would go ings/Auba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

ShimSlady wrote: »

Ryan/McCarthy

Ings, Mitrovic, Kane

I've read there is a possibility Pulisic is not fit for the first few games and not sure about the game time for Bernardo and Douglas but looks like a strong selection to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

macraignil wrote: »
    I've read there is a possibility Pulisic is not fit for the first few games and not sure about the game time for Bernardo and Douglas but looks like a strong selection to me.

I think I saw on Sky Sports News that Bernardo has been linked with a move away to a Turkish club. Istanbul Basasekhir I think, probably butchered the spelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

My first draft - any feedback welcome.

Keepers: Nyland, Patrico,

Defenders: Pieters, Mitchell, Douglas, Walker-Pieters, Diop,

Midfield: Mount, Salah, De Bruyne, Saint Maximin, Son

Forwards: Werner, Mitrovic, Jimenez

Separate question - do people think Augero / Jesus are likely to be rotated too much to be considered a reliable bet. I don't have them in my side currently but just expecting a strong man city showing this year so considering if i should try and fit Jesus in somehow maybe but then I don't think there's a clear #1 there for this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

My first draft - any feedback welcome.

Keepers: Nyland, Patrico,

Defenders: Pieters, Mitchell, Douglas, Walker-Pieters, Diop,

Midfield: Mount, Salah, De Bruyne, Saint Maximin, Son

Forwards: Werner, Mitrovic, Jimenez

Separate question - do people think Augero / Jesus are likely to be rotated too much to be considered a reliable bet. I don't have them in my side currently but just expecting a strong man city showing this year so considering if i should try and fit Jesus in somehow maybe but then I don't think there's a clear #1 there for this season.

Pieters and Douglas may not be first choices and have limited game time and Diop plays for West Ham who have a very rough run of games at the start of the season.

Man City have no game in week 1 so I'm not including any of their players until I play an early wildcard or just bring in De Bruyne. Rotation is making me think De Bruyne might be my only Man City player but if Aguero got injured again I would consider bringing in Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ryan/McCarthy

Ings, Mitrovic, Kane

Saliba didn't play in community shield. Any reason to think he plays in PL? Holding possibly leaving perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Strongly considering going without any premium players. Currently on this:

McCarthy 4.0
    TAA Doherty Vinagre Tierney 4.0
    Son Alli Ziyech Greenwood 4.5
    Werner Ings Jimenez

0.5 i.t.b. for a little flexibility - Ings/Jimenez to Martial or Alli/Ziyeche to Pulisic/Mahrez etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

FHFC wrote: »
    Saliba didn't play in community shield. Any reason to think he plays in PL? Holding possibly leaving perhaps?

Sokratis & Mustafi rumored to be leaving also. But they did sign a Gabriel, a CB from Valenica

Could be Luiz and Gabriel starting, and Saliba as back-up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

FHFC wrote: »

Saliba is only 19, don’t see anyway he’s a starter

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Green&Red wrote: »
    Saliba is only 19, don’t see anyway he’s a starter

He will start if Holding goes on loan. Gabriel is in quarantine and hasn't trained yet and Mari, Chambers and Mustafi are all injured. That just leaves him and Luiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Johnstone, Steer
    TAA, Vinagre, Bertrand, Johnson, Mitchell
    Salah, Auba, Saint-Maximin, Pereira, Greenwood
    Jimi, Antonio, Ings

I usually start the season with the bare minimum on the bench but feel a conservative approach is warranted this year with a skinny GW1 and the spectre of COVID. Want to hold the wildcard.

Was settled for about a week with a plan to leave money on the bench and bring in Fernandes for whoever failed the eye test between Pereira, Saint-Maximin and Saka. Utd can’t get the number of penalties they did last year. Take that away and there isn’t a 3 million difference between Fernandes and Greenwood. So swapped Brewster, Saka and money for Greenwood and Jimi.

I think Southampton will do well this year and FPL is sometimes about identifying which teams will over-achieve. If that’s the case then I hope Bertrand is worth the extra 0.5.

I’ve no love for Vinagre so could be easily swayed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Sokratis & Mustafi rumored to be leaving also. But they did sign a Gabriel, a CB from Valenica

Could be Luiz and Gabriel starting, and Saliba as back-up

They signed a Gabriel from Lille.
    Different guy to the Gabriel they sold to Valencia a few seasons ago.

I was caught out with that one, when i seen they were in for Gabriel, thought it was odd they were re-signing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

GetWithIt wrote: »
    I think Southampton will do well this year and FPL is sometimes about identifying which teams will over-achieve. If that’s the case then I hope Bertrand is worth the extra 0.5.

Agree on Southampton. Anyone going for Djenepo? He looked lively early last season, at that price he could be a useful asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Agree on Southampton. Anyone going for Djenepo? He looked lively early last season, at that price he could be a useful asset.

Will he prob start ?

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Will he prob start ?

I'd avoid for GW1 for certain.

I'd give a few weeks, I don't think he starts in the strongest xi.

Below is the line up from Southampton's 2 60 minute friendlies last week.

First and second 30 XI looks to be strongest line up. Onlt obvious change would New signing Salisu would be in at CB.

Redmond, Armstrong, Adams had good ends to the season I'd guess they'll continue to start.

Long/Obafemi/Djenepo would be the ones vying against them for a starting spot.

FIRST and SECOND 30

Team: McCarthy; Walker-Peters, Stephens, Bednarek, Bertrand; Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Armstrong, Redmond; Adams, Ings.

THIRD 30

Team: Forster; Valery, Vestergaard, Klarer, Vokins; Slattery, Smallbone, Djenepo, Boufal; Long, Obafemi.

Fourth 30:
    Team: Forster; Valery, Vestergaard, Klarer, Vokins; Jankewitz, Smallbone, Djenepo, Boufal; Long, Obafemi.

Romeu starting would be fantastic, would make him the best of the 4.5 mids I'd say.

Romeu starting would be fantastic, would make him the best of the 4.5 mids I'd say.

His place to lose I think since PEH was sold.
    Smallbone would be Romeu's main competition there but he's still only 20.

Ive owned Romeu in the past, i wouldnt expect any more that 3 points a game and lots of yellow cards. So more than likely 1 or 2 points.

shineon23 wrote: »
    His place to lose I think since PEH was sold.
    Smallbone would be Romeu's main competition there but he's still only 20.

Ive owned Romeu in the past, i wouldnt expect any more that 3 points a game and lots of yellow cards. So more than likely 1 or 2 points.

Yes but none of the other 4.5 mids are likely to match that 1 or 2 points. As it stands, Romeu looks the most likely 4.5 mid to start each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not sure he would be a good choice uses up Southampton spot, plus he likes a yellow card and does not offer much offensively.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,828 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

5.5m he played 18 games last season 2 goals 2 assists could be a shrewd pick if he breaks into the side

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/moussa-djenepo/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/485424

I notice most others are picking Armstrong at 5.5

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/stuart-armstrong/profil/spieler/130765

Won't Djenepo be competing with Redmond or do you think Djenepo could start elsewhere?

Personally I am getting Ward-Prowse for .5 more giving me more security of starts.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Not sure he would be a good choice uses up Southampton spot, plus he likes a yellow card and does not offer much offensively.

Harrison Reed is the best 4.5m option if he keeps his place in Fulham midfield, they signed him for 6m from Southampton after he was on loan last season. He's a holding midfielder but gets the odd assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Harrison Reed is the best 4.5m option if he keeps his place in Fulham midfield, they signed him for 6m from Southampton after he was on loan last season. He's a holding midfielder but gets the odd assist.

According to the FFS focus on Fulham he will keep his spot

How is Gordon at Everton looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Ryan/McCarthy

Ings, Mitrovic, Kane

Douglas from Leeds? If so go with Ayling/Dallas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Green&Red wrote: »
    According to the FFS focus on Fulham he will keep his spot

How is Gordon at Everton looking?
    That's good, I watched him in playoffs and he's a tidy player.

Gordon is rumoured to be going out on loan.

Advertisement