Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheque

Options
  • 16-08-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭

Hi my mother has a cheque but she has no bank account etc is it possible for me to lodge it to my account?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

ofcork wrote: »
    Hi my mother has a cheque but she has no bank account etc is it possible for me to lodge it to my account?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Unfortunately it came from sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nickla

I lodge other peoples cheques all the time without any problems - she will need to sign the back of the cheque to endorse it over to you and you will need to sign the back to lodge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭ofcork

Thanks its a boi cheque too and i am a boi customer.

It depends if it's been crossed "A/C payee only" or not. If not, she can simply sign it over to you. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

ofcork wrote: »
    Good afternoon ofcork,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

You can certainly lodge this cheque into your account if it doesn't have 'Account Payee Only' on the front of it. Your mother can sign the back of the cheque and simply write 'Pay to' and your name. The bank cashier may want your mother to be present when lodging the cheque into your account so they can verify her ID. 

If the cheque is crossed and says 'Account Payee Only', this would need to be lodged into an account with your mothers name. 

I hope this information helps!

Many thanks,
    Megan

Advertisement