Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the Eir F2000 Modem/Router recognise a 4TB USB drive?

Options
  • 16-08-2020 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hello,

A question that's a bit technical about the Eir F2000 please?

I connect a 1TB self powered USB drive to the Eir F2000, enable Samba, create a user/pwd and enable Samba in the ACL list. This lets me browse that USB drive from a network share on my Windows laptop. This 1TB drive has an ms-dos partition table and an ext3 formatted file system.

However I have a 4TB self powered USB drive that has a gpt partition table and an ext4 formatted file system. The router doesn't seem to recognise it. Is that maybe because the kernel on the routers embedded (linux?) OS doesn't support GPT partitions?

Also, when I want to disconnect a USB drive from the Eir router do I need to unmount it first? Maybe it uses autofs internally so don't need to?

Cheers,

Flex

Advertisement