Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go to Derry or wait until March? Could do with some advice

Options
  • 16-08-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Went to book for September sitting and Dublin is booked out. Next nearest centre is Derry. Is anyone else going to Derry this year? I don’t know what to do to be honest.. Derry is four hours away from me but if I don’t do it then I’ll be limiting myself to just march next year. I don’t know what to do.. any advise would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭taxignorant

Book it if you can afford it. Give yourself as many chances as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hcoben111

the only difference is an extra 2 hours driving across the border.. i would have had to travel 2 hours anyway and pay the same for accomodation so your right i may aswell take the chance, i suppose i wont regret it anyway but may regret it when i hear everyone else talking about it and waiting for results etc

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭hcoben111

just went to book and now derry is gone too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ma003

hcoben111 wrote: »
    just went to book and now derry is gone too :(

Thats such a pain! I was just lucky to get a last minute college place but I hadn't anticipated the Gamsat would book out, some people might drop out later on or they might add another venue but the late fee would probably apply. That really sucks, maybe email acer? I hope it works out !

• Registered Users Posts: 25 coopersock

It really depends on how important 2021 entry is to you. If it was me, because I am older and I already fluffed my chances of 2020 entry, I would go to UK to sit GAMSAT in a heartbeat to give myself even the extra chance of 2021 entry. It's that important to me. I want to give myself the best chance. If on the other hand, I was ok with waiting another year, I probably wouldn't travel to UK as Ireland will likely still have the 14-day quarantine period on return, which may impact your other commitments etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement