Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eliminate sign in Windows 10

Options
  • 16-08-2020 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Attempts to eliminate either a password or PIN sign in on Windows10 has proven futile. Finally opted to close Microsoft account. Problem persists. Mentioned the account would close in 60 days to facilitate a change of mind but I still have to sign in. Do I have to wait 2 months before I can log in without signing in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ttenneb wrote: »
    Attempts to eliminate either a password or PIN sign in on Windows10 has proven futile. Finally opted to close Microsoft account. Problem persists. Mentioned the account would close in 60 days to facilitate a change of mind but I still have to sign in. Do I have to wait 2 months before I can log in without signing in?

Just create a local account with no password and copy your data over to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

Thanks, Dopetech. It seems to have worked. Hopefully will behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

same problem,have used netplwiz,but cant go back to auto sign in, how easy is it to creat local acc with no password and how do you copy data over to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Could you utube a link or talk me through the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Follow this to create the local account.

Then log out and of your current account and in to the local account.

As for copying over your files you can do that via This PC -> C drive -> users

and then copy from your old account to the new account. Don’t copy the entire folder but just the contents from inside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Run CMD as administrator, copy/paste commands below and hit Enter

This will create local user without pass, add it to administrators, pass never expire (NoPassUser is the user name, change to your liking)

net user NoPassUser /passwordreq:no /add
    net localgroup administrators NoPassUser /add
    WMIC USERACCOUNT WHERE Name='NoPassUser' SET PasswordExpires=FALSE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

BTW, administrator user without password is bad practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

was just going to ask was someone seriously putting an admin login in windows with no password

Advertisement