Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banks

• 16-08-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Is there an online bank besides all the usual ones like boi aib etc etc that will allow direct debits and have low fees

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

EBS Moneymanager has no fees, you get a VISA debit card (I believe the new ones are contactless) which works in all of the ATMs, you can do DDs (but not SOs) and EFT but they have no mobile app and the website is not mobile friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Delta2113

"How do I amend a standing order?
    In order to amend a standing order we require a signed instruction to do so, signed by all parties on the account. This can be posted to 2 Burlington road Dublin 4, faxed to 01 874 7416 scanned and emailed to info@mail.ebs.ie or dropped into an EBS office."

They do standing orders and yes all cards are now contactless. They won't win awards for website off the year but so what it's a FREE current account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Delta2113 wrote: »
    They do standing orders and yes all cards are now contactless. They won't win awards for website off the year but so what it's a FREE current account.

Cheers for that. They don't make it easy, do they?

One recent 'improvement' in their service is that you no longer have to phone them to confirm when you add a new beneficiary for EFT. The downside (based on my last experience) is that it doesn't take effect until the next business day. Whereas when you confirmed over the phone, you'd see the addition to your list of payees after about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

coylemj wrote: »
    Cheers for that. They don't make it easy, do they?

One recent 'improvement' in their service is that you no longer have to phone them to confirm when you add a new beneficiary for EFT. The downside (based on my last experience) is that it doesn't take effect until the next business day. Whereas when you confirmed over the phone, you'd see the addition to your list of payees after about an hour.

Thanks for all the replies I’m wondering is there a bank any online banks I can sign up at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Revolut are now a bank so worth checking out.
    Personally i do not use as my principle but for currency exchange.
    Check it out as it may suit your needs.
    Its set-up is online app...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

N26, Bunq, monese are all available to Irish residents and allow you to sign up at home. There are likely others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

McGaggs wrote: »
    N26, Bunq, monese are all available to Irish residents and allow you to sign up at home. There are likely others too.

Will they let your wages go into there bank and children’s allowance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Will they let your wages go into there bank and children’s allowance

Yes, they are banks.

Advertisement