Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission Foreigners

Options
  • 16-08-2020 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi

I am foreigner, I live in Ireland for over 5 years and thinking of buying land and building a house. I have checked planning rules in my county and it says that land has to be within 10km from where I lived for last 10 years. My fiance's sister rang council to ask for planning permissions (they found land that was over 10km from where they live), unfortunately she was told that she will not get planning permission, but guy asked her if she has any foreigner in her family as those rules don't apply to foreigner. I found land that is ~17-20km from where I lived last 5 years. The problem is that my council office is still close for public, and I would like to get some info just to know if to buy a land or better find a house for renovation. Does anyone know if those rules apply to foreigners that live in Ireland less than 10 years?

TIA
    Gabbi

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gabbi_d wrote: »
    Hi

I am foreigner, I live in Ireland for over 5 years and thinking of buying land and building a house. I have checked planning rules in my county and it says that land has to be within 10km from where I lived for last 10 years. My fiance's sister rang council to ask for planning permissions (they found land that was over 10km from where they live), unfortunately she was told that she will not get planning permission, but guy asked her if she has any foreigner in her family as those rules don't apply to foreigner. I found land that is ~17-20km from where I lived last 5 years. The problem is that my council office is still close for public, and I would like to get some info just to know if to buy a land or better find a house for renovation. Does anyone know if those rules apply to foreigners that live in Ireland less than 10 years?

TIA
    Gabbi

It’s got nothing to do with “foreigners”.
    You should arrange a sit down with a local planning agent to go through what options are available to you within your specific county.

Advertisement