Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Fence Panels

Options
  • 17-08-2020 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi folks, I wonder if you can give some advice please.
    My house was built 15 years ago. The fence is Concrete posts with concrete panels put in. A neighbour said they weren’t dig deep enough at the time and they moved. They don’t seem to have moved any more over the years but after doing some recent gardening I’m thinking I need to fix this fence as Some of the panels are at risk of coming out.
    My question is can a contractor remove posts and reuse the materials or will I have to get new materials too? Or is that a stupid question?
    Would anyone have an idea on what kind of money this job would cost?
    There’s 7 lengths of panel to be fixed and thankfully we have a side entrance for access.
    Concrete posts and wooden panels aren’t suitable. It’ll have to be concrete panels.
    Thanks for any help you can give.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Hi

Te panels should slide upwards and out and if the posts are as loose as they are supposed to be they should be fit for re using. It will take at least two men probably two days and maybe a Kango hammer or a jack hammer,
    If you could pm me picture of both sides, you will also need neighbors permission if it on a boundary which I presume it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Clairze

Thanks a million for the advice. I’ll take a couple of photos and send them.
    Neighbour will give permission.

macadam wrote: »
    Hi

Te panels should slide upwards and out and if the posts are as loose as they are supposed to be they should be fit for re using. It will take at least two men probably two days and maybe a Kango hammer or a jack hammer,
    If you could pm me picture of both sides, you will also need neighbors permission if it on a boundary which I presume it is.

Advertisement