Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Main COVID19 thread.

Options
  • 17-08-2020 3:57am

How is a multi-year thread ban in any way appropriate for the below? Covid-19 is going nowhere. That thread will still be flying in 2023. And I'm still going to be banned because I said Fúck off to a troll in August 2020 and then deleted the post three minutes later.

That's why instead of going to Dispute Resolution, I've decided to go for the escalation angle here, because multi-year bans are extraordinary and should be reserved for actual problem users. Mods and admins shouldn't hand them out willy nilly.

Whatever you may think of the poster's PoV, this is not even close to being acceptable. Don't post in the thread again.

Your post:
    NK76 wrote: »
    It's time people realised that we need to bring all this talk of covid to an end. it is clearly obvious that covid is over...in fact it didn't really exist...our lives need to return to normal, we need to be able to go to the shops, football matches, nights out at the weekends...the psychological damage of this fake flu is far worse than reality...its fear mongering of the highest order.....

...let's get back to normal...take back control...reclaim the momentum ...and look at it again in two months when the kids are back in school and football season has started.....then we will know where we are

Come on let's stand in the face of this adversity and reclaim our lives

Fúck off.

Banned for years. Literally years for saying "Fúck off" to a now-banned user, when site-banning a user is the biggest Fúck off of all. And I deleted it myself within minutes. It's absurd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

This is not an issue for the forum discussion thread. As you are arguing the merits of your thread ban, I'm moving this to a thread of its own in the Help Desk.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were in no position to determine whether the poster you were responding to was a troll or not. They had been on the site nearly a year - yes a low postcount. Yes their post was pushing it. However who are you to determine who is trolling and who is not? Report it and leave it to the mods to take a view - If that was your reason for telling them to f*** off, then that's backseat modding as well as personal abuse

Now turning to what you said in the post. There is absolutely no reason to tell anyone on this site to "f*** off" You have been on the site long enough to understand personal abuse is unacceptable. There is absolutely no excuse for this and your threadban for that comment alone is warranted. The fact you deleted it does not diminish the impact of using that terminology and others clearly had time to see it

This is your second ban from that thread. Your first threadban was lifted retrospectively by me after you posted while threadbanned. I told you at the time that was your final chance, and therefore having seen the comment you posted I can see no basis for revisiting it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

That whole thread is absurd. You should thank them for banning you from it.

Yes, I have been on this site long enough, so I deleted straight away. How that doesn't hold a lot of weight in this case, I know know.

Anyways, I guess that's that thread done for me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement