Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp Nest Removal

• 17-08-2020 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone to remove a wasp nest? And rough cost?

Normally, I wouldn’t be bothered but this one appears enormous and I can’t even open a window now. They appear to be getting more and more aggressive and we now have to run the gauntlet every time we want to open the gate.

It’s in a bush/tree at side of the house and we can’t actually see but the whole bush is vibrating with buzzing!

With kids and dogs, it’s just too stressful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭riddles

Toodles_27 wrote: »

Normally, I wouldn’t be bothered but this one appears enormous and I can’t even open a window now. They appear to be getting more and more aggressive and we now have to run the gauntlet every time we want to open the gate.

It’s in a bush/tree at side of the house and we can’t actually see but the whole bush is vibrating with buzzing!

Thanks
    Got the powder version of this as have a nest that got in at the fascia at the back door. Seems to be effective. If you have full access to the nest the spray can will work better.

https://www.homebase.co.uk/rentokil-wasp-nest-destroyer-300ml_p705049

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

riddles wrote: »
    Got the powder version of this as have a nest that got in at the fascia at the back door. Seems to be effective. If you have full access to the nest the spray can will work better.

https://www.homebase.co.uk/rentokil-wasp-nest-destroyer-300ml_p705049

Thanks, but I can’t see the nest. Husband is all for getting the electric hedge trimmers out and cut back the bush to find it so we can use the spray but I’m afraid to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thanks, but I can’t see the nest. Husband is all for getting the electric hedge trimmers out and cut back the bush to find it so we can use the spray but I’m afraid to do this.

Hope that's an extendable one as I wouldn't be going anywhere near the hedge if you can't see the nest

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

They'll be dying off soon. I had a wasp Mc mansion in my attic. I left them to it until they died.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Thanks

Had one in a cavity in my garage roof a few years ago. Rang Rentokil and me man was out within a few hours. Not sure what he did but he got rid of it quick enough.
    At the time I think I gave him €125/€150. I can't remember exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dave62

I used Nippon Wasp Nest Powder from woodies , nest cleared instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

High powered hose..fire it from a distance...just keep in on the location for a good long while, close the windows and keep kids, pets in. they'll disperse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

100% solution I have used several times. Buy ant powder (about €2.00) wait until dusk and run past the nest with a cup filled with power.Throw it at entrance and get out of there quick. The nest will be dead in 24 hours. Guaranteed.Also did one on a roof with a kids beach bucket of abt powder tied to sewer rods which I emptied on the nest from a window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Alphasan Pest Control (Pat Fitzgerald).
    087 8177216.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,272 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

PalatableUnlinedAfricanparadiseflycatcher-size_restricted.gif

Kill it with fire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement