Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal Carpentery Work

Options
  • 17-08-2020 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, hope someone can help!

I want to replace 9 internal doors in my house - do I need to replace the architrave/frames as well? How much would we looking at roughly? I don't want to get fancy doors, just some nice white ones (with white frames - is it better to just paint the frames?).

Also, how much does replacing a laminate floor and skirt cost (again roughly for something mid range?)? I have 4 rooms to do - in total about 55m squared!

Even just ballpark for labour would be lovely, any recommendations very much appreciated too (Kildare area)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭eusap

we paid €150 per door to get it hanged and €20 per architrave side in Kildare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

eusap wrote: »
    we paid €150 per door to get it hanged and €20 per architrave side in Kildare

Thanks a million who did you use? Did that include fitting the handles on the doors too?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 thespecialon

Thanks a million who did you use? Did that include fitting the handles on the doors too?

Hi ,

Looking to do something similar did u get prices to replace doors/architrave ? Did u consider painting instead of replacing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 james 17

Hi ,

Looking to do something similar did u get prices to replace doors/architrave ? Did u consider painting instead of replacing ?

I would normally chage €120 to hang door ,frame lock and architrave , hope that helps

james 17 wrote: »
    I would normally chage €120 to hang door ,frame lock and architrave , hope that helps

Thanks for this - in the end the price we got for labour to hang the doors, replace the floors, all the skirt in the house and one of the window sills was 2450 without materials - have to say I'm pretty ok with the price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Thanks for this - in the end the price we got for labour to hang the doors, replace the floors, all the skirt in the house and one of the window sills was 2450 without materials - have to say I'm pretty ok with the price!
    how long did it take?

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    how long did it take?

It's not done yet - booked in for next month - estimate is a couple of weeks

Advertisement