Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Receiving the wage subsidy scheme from work and now taking on a second job.

• 17-08-2020 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭

Confused about where I stand in this position.

I am employed in the entertainment industry. I have being receiving the wage subsidy scheme through work.

€350 per week. I don't receive a top up. This is roughly half of the previous salary I was getting.

In the last few weeks Its becoming more apparent that the industry wont return till 2021. I do as much WFH as possible social media, responding to emails etc, I check and maintain the building regularly.

Three weeks ago I was told the subsidy would be dropping to €200 in September based on the assumption that everywhere was open again and that employers would be in a position to top people up. As stated above I my industry wont be back to work so My employer wont be in a position to top me up.

If I take up a second job part time that help me make ends meet will I have to remove myself from the wage subsidy scheme?

I'll still be working for my primary job from home and working a second job in the evening/late night.

Advertisement