Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breaking up over vaccination and other compatibility concerns?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

She says she is 'holding you back' ...to me that is a nice way of saying 'i don't want to be with you' or at least she has no certainty on the issue.

You are willing to compromise work through things she doesn't want to work through things.

I don't mean to be blunt but this means she doesn't want to work through things and wants to move on.

From her perspective you have a lot of deep obstacles.

And of course from yours too.

She doesn't see herself as being happy living away from the area she is in now. And you want to move. So in reality she doesn't see her live with you in the potential future as being happy.

She has some odd ideas that are endangering the health of her child. Indicating she might not be very intelligent or more likely she has an anxiety disorder. That is very common in people with constant worries about perceived dangers from mundane things. If i am right ....then she is unaware of her issue and its probably more systemic than you think. Also it will go up and down with her moods or stresslevels. The fact that she is unaware to be SO anxious these things is unusual shows lack of self awareness.

This anxiety is also probably why she would find it impossible to move. Its a big change. Plus with kid.

But the biggest thing i notice here is ..she is saying she doesn't want to work through this and you are ignoring her wishes in a way.

If you decide ..you will not move ..i would wager something else would come up that means she has some obstacle in seeing you together in the future. Another thing would come up.

If you want to challenge the vaccine thing ...my advice is DONT ....don't talk about it even .....talk about the root issue. Which is her anxiety it is that you need to remedy. Also in examining the anxiety around everyday things ...it helps her gain self awareness slowly. It can be a slow stop ...'Hey would you like to try relaxation techniques or stuff for anxiety?' bleh bleh...and get her to talk to you about it ..let her know she can.

But my gut feeling is ...soon another thing would come up in her mind meaning you two can't be together ..or it would for you. As she has already said she doesn't want to work through it. She is uncertain about your relationship...but certain about the things she doesn't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

We should post a link to this thread in the conspiracy theories forum, to get some balance in here.

I’m joking.

Run op, run like 5G, cause it’s fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The thing that I keep coming back to is that she has moved someone in with her child after only 8 months. Now I am sure you are a lovely guy but surely a mother should be more discerning than that. Did you know each other for a long time before dating?

If you have a kid and it ends, will she have someone new living with her after 8 months, playing daddy!

I just can't believe she would play so fast and loose with her child's emotions. Its very cruel. I assume her child likes you and has gotten used to you and now you may end up leaving. Mind you she has played fast and loose with the child's health so I shouldn't be surprised.

I would also be wary of the offer to compromise. It only came when you threatened to walk.

Where is her child's father? is he around? what is your experience of him?

Thanks for the perspective.

You are absolutely right. It’s only now I see this as a red flag. I’ve always wanted a family of my own so I guess I was blind to that being a red flag until now.

I would never do anything to hurt or destroy their trust in me but it’s now that very fact that’s holding me back. I’m coming to terms with not being life compatible with her but it’s the fear of hurting her child by suddenly leaving, playing with her emotions ( not intentionally of course ).

I feel so stuck.

I know little to nothing about the Father. She doesn’t like to talk much about him. He’s not on the scene anyway. I’ve tried to get her to talk but I sense some form of abuse as she really dislikes talking about it and I respect that and didn’t want to keep asking her.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    We should post a link to this thread in the conspiracy theories forum, to get some balance in here.

I’m joking.

Run op, run like 5G, cause it’s fast.

To be fair, I could use some comic relief at this point. I chuckled. Thank you.

In all seriousness, I take your point and don’t disagree. I’d probably be giving the same advice to others.

It’s just, more difficult when you’re caught up in it and especially when there is a child involved ( not mine, but still, I care too much already ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

It’s a completely messed up situation in my book.

You both agreed to moving in way too soon. You didn’t know each other well enough. It sounds like you really want a family, and you jumped way too soon to achieve that - which isn’t fair on her child.

The fact that you know nothing about her child’s father before you moved in is not good. Did you not think you should have found out stuff like that? From your own point view re ‘how involved is the ex’ - but also from the child’s POV. I don’t think either of you are being good to her child.

If she was alone for years, then she needed her family around, but it sounds like a pattern of no boundaries exists, and that’s not changing when you moved in - or in the future.

I couldn't be with someone with her views. I don’t think you can either. Do you really believe she’ll vaccinate a kid that you and she have together??

I just cannot see the relationship working out down the road. I think you need to project your views as to how your future would look with this person, and I’d say you’d decide to end the relationship if you honestly analyse the situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭Tork

It’s just, more difficult when you’re caught up in it and especially when there is a child involved ( not mine, but still, I care too much already ).

The longer you let this run, the harder it will be for everyone. Especially the child.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭Tork

I’ve always wanted a family of my own so I guess I was blind to that being a red flag until now.

If you were a woman, it wouldn't be long before the words "biological clock" were mentioned. It partly explains the "pants on fire" speed at which this relationship proceeded. The Coronavirus isn't much older than your relationship, to put it in perspective. This is a version of the age old saying "Marry in haste, repent at leisure" only you still have the option of walking away. You should, for all the reasons outlined earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It's not so much the vaccination issue on its own that would bother me, it is the indication that the person is heavily influenced by online groups, and is likely to have very different value systems on a whole raft of issues relating to child care, parenting in general, ordinary relationship stuff, dealing with in-laws, choosing schools, choosing activities, dealing with the kids friends and their parents. This incompatibility is very likely to cause significant conflicts at every step of the way.

You know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,177 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

It's not so much the vaccination issue on its own that would bother me, it is the indication that the person is heavily influenced by online groups, and is likely to have very different value systems on a whole raft of issues relating to child care, parenting in general, ordinary relationship stuff, dealing with in-laws, choosing schools, choosing activities, dealing with the kids friends and their parents. This incompatibility is very likely to cause significant conflicts at every step of the way.

You know what to do.
    And are perhaps isolated in real life.

Also are likely to go all over the place as their values change with diff online groups.

Advertisement