Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone hear an update on Castagne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Salah news is a great scenario really. Reducing his ownership boosts his impact if he returns in the future. And an illness like Covid isn't like an ankle injury that could ahve complications or reoccur next month. We all know how long it's going to keep him out.

So really your only decisions is
    1. I have a sub, so will just keep him benched this week
    2. I'm willing to make 2 transfers to get someone else in for him this week, someone you probably need to score to cover trasnfers.

The onyl way it really hurst those that hold is if someone like Sterling (who gets a lot of one week punts), hauls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Robertson misses Scotland game

Clarke mentioned a hamstring issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Robertson misses Scotland game

Clarke mentioned a hamstring issue

yea Robbo said after the win that he was glad mitrovic missed as he was next in line to take a spot kick and that his hamstring was tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The Salah news is a great scenario really. Reducing his ownership boosts his impact if he returns in the future. And an illness like Covid isn't like an ankle injury that could ahve complications or reoccur next month. We all know how long it's going to keep him out.

So really your only decisions is
    1. I have a sub, so will just keep him benched this week
    2. I'm willing to make 2 transfers to get someone else in for him this week, someone you probably need to score to cover trasnfers.

The onyl way it really hurst those that hold is if someone like Sterling (who gets a lot of one week punts), hauls.

The thing is we don't know how long it will keep him out for. Depends on how long it is before he tests negative. Could be tomorrow or could be 2 weeks before he tests negative.
    Only then does the countdown to return start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chilwell went off injured. I brought him in for TAA. And I've Salah out as well.

Thinking about using the Free Hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

A knock to the lower back. A strange injury to go off for. I’d be disappointed if that keeps him out of the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Matt Doherty tested positive for Covid and stays in the UK while the rest of the team return to Dublin for the match on Wednesday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is every other international outfit returning as many positive covid tests as we are ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Matt Doherty tested positive for Covid and stays in the UK while the rest of the team return to Dublin for the match on Wednesday night.

Doherty tells the media Ireland's current performances are "embarrassing". Then he "fails" the next covid test and gets sent home. I'd wait before doing anything until he gets a test back with Spurs. I'd say there is a good chance this is a "false negative" and he'll be available for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Rikand wrote: »
    Is every other international outfit returning as many positive covid tests as we are ?

Apparently Korea had 6 positive tests. Biggest impact on FPL is Son tested negative, has to self isolate but at the moment should be OK for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

touts wrote: »
    Doherty tells the media Ireland's current performances are "embarrassing". Then he "fails" the next covid test and gets sent home. I'd wait before doing anything until he gets a test back with Spurs. I'd say there is a good chance this is a "false negative" and he'll be available for the weekend.

I very much doubt it unless he was able to bribe whoever did the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I reckon calling that as a 'good chance' is massively stretching things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Some post right there, you have managed to insult Doherty, the FAI and the medical testers. Good days work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

To be fair, there is(was) a big story in Italy with Lazio players testing positive during the UEFA testing round but negative in their own club round of testing and available to play in Serie A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1328356874668924931?s=20

Bloody hell, even my bench is getting injured now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1328356874668924931?s=20

Bloody hell, even my bench is getting injured now.

Oh Jesus. He was my Salah bench cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I really need castagne back!

• Advertisement

I've a feeling there will be a lot of hits taken by Saturday

I've a feeling there will be a lot of hits taken by Saturday

The problem is that a lot of them will be bad hits, given that none of the injuries/Covid illnesses appear serious/multiple game absences.

CSF wrote: »
    The problem is that a lot of them will be bad hits, given that none of the injuries/Covid illnesses appear serious/multiple game absences.
    Yeah but if you've someone you were thinking of shipping anyway, and now it's the difference between playing with 10 and playing with 11, then it becomes a lot easier to rationalise. With Salah out, I've decided I want TAA out, already have a few non-players, so thinking of something like Dunne to Coufal for a -4.

Yeah but if you've someone you were thinking of shipping anyway, and now it's the difference between playing with 10 and playing with 11, then it becomes a lot easier to rationalise. With Salah out, I've decided I want TAA out, already have a few non-players, so thinking of something like Dunne to Coufal for a -4.

Yeah, the situation where those hits are smart, is when you’re getting someone you would have wanted more long-term anyway.

But most of us have our teams close to the way we want them now, so the likes of Salah, Chilwell, Sterling and even someone like Brewster are all in our teams for a reason we chose that has not yet been proven to be a bad decision.

Would be different for the likes of Liverpool defenders, Kane and Son who many had been considering moving on anyway and some of it put off by other fires to put out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

What's the Salah situation? What are his chances of playing the weekend?

Gus Ivey wrote: »

Not a clue. But we will know before we need to make a decision. So just need to hold tight and this weekend will be clear. Next weekend may even be also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gus Ivey wrote: »

No chance of him playing, AFAIK he is still in Egypt and when he gets back he has to start isolation, 10 days I think
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I really need castagne back!

yeah same here, have an injury crisis at the moment with Castagne, TAA, Salah and Rodrigo in my team. Really need to at least get Castagne back

Salah has failed a second test according to Sky Sports which pretty much rules him out for this weekend

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Salah has failed a second test according to Sky Sports which pretty much rules him out for this weekend

I’m no expert but doesn’t that put him at real risk for next Saturday morning also?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    I’m no expert but doesn’t that put him at real risk for next Saturday morning also?

I would have thought so as well, but with COVID who knows, there are so many variations, exceptions, exemptions etc and they change from day to day.

Advertisement