Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

They play Man City next gameweek - let’s hope this doesn’t turn into an outbreak,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They play Man City next gameweek - let’s hope this doesn’t turn into an outbreak,

Checked that, it’s only 10 days away too. Gulp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Marcelo Bielsa on the absence of Illan Meslier: "He's unwell."

Is it Covid-19? "You shouldn't be asking this question."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Aguero just tweeted that he's now tested positive for Covid having been isolating... so we won't be seeing for another few weeks at least!

Aguero just tweeted that he's now tested positive for Covid having been isolating... so we won't be seeing for another few weeks at least!

I feel like we won’t be seeing too many more Premier League starts from him. The end of an era.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    I feel like we won’t be seeing too many more Premier League starts from him. The end of an era.

He'd never move within the league would he?Seems like a lad that wants to get out of England as soon as he's done at City, still doesn't speak English does he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shedite27 wrote: »
    He'd never move within the league would he?Seems like a lad that wants to get out of England as soon as he's done at City, still doesn't speak English does he?

He speaks English but he's not the most fluent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

He speaks English but he's not the most fluent.

Yeah like a lot of footballers/managers they speak it well enough to get by but probably not comfortable enough doing interviews etc. where one misinterpretation or slip could be construed as something completely out of context and blown up.

• Advertisement

I doubt it. I reckon he could go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Free transfer to PSG and work under his countryman Poch.

I'm sure Aguero has gotten very fond of those bonus cheques coming from the oil barons by now and will want to keep them coming ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

KDB to Gundog will be a popular move I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Cartman78 wrote: »
    KDB to Gundog will be a popular move I guess

I've Gundogan, so it lets me double up on the defence and get in Cancelo for the next 3 GW's. So a not too bad to be fair and solves a problem of how to get 2 City defenders.

And the hopefully then KDB back in for their potential doubles in 24,26 and 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Fitz* wrote: »

Wow.

HUGE news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I was going to captain him v brom . Think I will bring in sterling now

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    I was going to captain him v brom . Think I will bring in sterling now

Will be interesting to see how they get on without him.

KDB while has messed up tons of his own chances, one on ones etc. still has created huge amount of chances for the rest (ironically enough last outing v West Brom likes of Sterling & Gundogan cudnt score from KDB's chances, at point blank range)

For me makes things much easier as i was selling son / salah to get him at -4. wont do that now.

Would de Bruyne being out not likely change Gundogan’s role in the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Would de Bruyne being out not likely change Gundogan’s role in the team?

That's the risk - who knows how the team will set up without him. If you knew that Gundogan is definitely going to play and is on penalties than yea he be worth it, but if you sell KdB and only have 1 FT you could end up with 6m in bank and player on bench.

Maddison will Leicester's form and unreal fixtures be a better shout as he's not going to be rotated or at least not to the same extent as city assets imo.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    That's the risk - who knows how the team will set up without him. If you knew that Gundogan is definitely going to play and is on penalties than yea he be worth it, but if you sell KdB and only have 1 FT you could end up with 6m in bank and player on bench.

Maddison will Leicester's form and unreal fixtures be a better shout as he's not going to be rotated or at least not to the same extent as city assets imo.

I would almost say if you were looking for someone in De Bruyne’s absence, Foden might be the man because they might rely more on him having the ball and making things happen. That isn’t really Gundogan’s thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Fitz* wrote: »

The way he plays with sprinting to counter attack a small hamstring tear now equals a big hamstring tear in three weeks if they don't treat it properly. Two weeks off sounds like they are going to rush him back.

An update on KDB, 4-6 weeks Pep saying.

Missing potenitally the next 6 GW's at least (4 weeks)

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1352609735342743552?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,785 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Vardy out for a 'few weeks'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

JPA wrote: »
    Vardy out for a 'few weeks'.

I think it's time to Wildcard for me. Have KdB, Vardy, only 1 city defender. Salah who looks off it. Passengers like Balbuena, Forster, Jones. Tammy Abraham! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I think it's time to Wildcard for me. Have KdB, Vardy, only 1 city defender. Salah who looks off it. Passengers like Balbuena, Forster, Jones. Tammy Abraham! :pac:

Thinking the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

siblers wrote: »

Damn. I have him as first sub. I suppose Mitchell & Burke to the rescue :pac:

Funny enough was strongly considering selling him for Cancelo or Dias after WBA game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Damn. I have him as first sub. I suppose Mitchell & Burke to the rescue :pac:

Funny enough was strongly considering selling him for Cancelo or Dias after WBA game

https://twitter.com/ColmVHayes/status/1353664900707573761?s=20

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »

KWP is the only player in my team I still have since the start of the season.

Shipping him out for Cancelo most likely this week with that injury.

Advertisement