Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This Grealish injury might force me into an early

Grealish, Ings to Barnes, Kane move

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I can confirm that Jack Grealish is not present in the A&E Dept. of University Hospital Limerick.

I can also confirm that kidney stones are marginally less painful thant Triple Captaining Lukaku in a DGW

Idling in A&E. The perfect time to put together one of your trademark spreadsheets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I reckon he's out, he just didn't want Leeds to know it was a certainty.

Moving to Barnes, easy shift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yeah, sounds like bbc have just made up the month thing. Given he was out today, there is nothing to suggest he will be back for Leeds though

https://twitter.com/PreeceObserver/status/1363535733466816513?s=19

The players might be banned from playing fpl soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

https://twitter.com/PreeceObserver/status/1363535733466816513?s=19

The players might be banned from playing fpl soon!

I had thought of that when someone posted up that some players and the physio transferred out Grealish, - like if smith didn't announce it in the press conference, Leicester lads could be thinking why would the villa lads transfer out their best player ahead of a DGW...

Didn't something similar happen with Mane or some pool player that Robbo transferred out when they were injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Maybe they should get onto their press department. Loads of training photos from Friday and Jack wasn't in any of them.

Even if Leicester knew he was injured, its not the reason why they lost

siblers wrote: »
    Maybe they should get onto their press department. Loads of training photos from Friday and Jack wasn't in any of them.

Even if Leicester knew he was injured, its not the reason why they lost

It contributes though. Leicester can plan differently without having to plan for one of the best players in the Premier League. They’d probably have been planning to double up on that side etc.

I doubt they’d have been working on a separate no-Grealish plan if there’d been no talk of it at all. The training pics certainly don’t help in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    It contributes though. Leicester can plan differently without having to plan for one of the best players in the Premier League. They’d probably have been planning to double up on that side etc.

Looks like they did that anyway did they? I didn't see the game but lineups I see have Castagne and Perreira playing on the right. Thomas on the left.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Looks like they did that anyway did they? I didn't see the game but lineups I see have Castagne and Perreira playing on the right. Thomas on the left.

Pereira was playing on the wing. Certainly wasn’t trying to double up on El Ghazi, because, why would you really? Traore becomes the focal point of our attacks in Jack’s absence rather than El Ghazi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

CSF wrote: »
    Pereira was playing on the wing. Certainly wasn’t trying to double up on El Ghazi, because, why would you really? Traore becomes the focal point of our attacks in Jack’s absence rather than El Ghazi.
    I was replying to your point that with Grealish they might have doubled up. Looks like they picked 2 RB's before they got the team news. Then obviously when it was El Ghazi there was no need to double up

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I was replying to your point that with Grealish they might have doubled up. Looks like they picked 2 RB's before they got the team news. Then obviously when it was El Ghazi there was no need to double up

You reckon? I’d be surprised if they didn’t know the same as most of us did when we saw the amount of Villa people who had transferred him out.

At the very least, they’d have been working on their tactical plan from Friday for if Jack didn’t play. Quite different to working on the tactical plan at 1 PM on a Sunday when they find out Jack isn’t playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I can confirm that Jack Grealish is not present in the A&E Dept. of University Hospital Limerick.

I can also confirm that kidney stones are marginally less painful thant Triple Captaining Lukaku in a DGW

Just made a transfer there:

Stones out, Morphine in.

Might throw the armband on Morphine I think ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Other clubs looking at it too. Though some might just tell their staff to never pick a player from their own team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭scotchy

The leaks about Grealish being dropped from Fantasy football teams came out before the the game updated for the gameweek, how was it leaked?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It was leaked before the deadline regardless.

The fact that the players are using inside knowledge to their advantage is good enough reason to ban them from the game. They did transfer Grealish out, why would they? Unless they know something we don't.

Two separate issues, but you can't have it at professional level.

Same with gambling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say the Villa players being banned from FPL will have them fuming. They cant bet on the real game so FPL gives them a back door to do it privately among team mates. I can only imagine the type of money to be in their private leagues, probably at least £25k per head and winner takes all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say the Villa players being banned from FPL will have them fuming. They cant bet on the real game so FPL gives them a back door to do it privately among team mates. I can only imagine the type of money to be in their private leagues, probably at least £25k per head and winner takes all

Well that would most certainly be against all PFA and Club rules, it is no different to betting on matches.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Having seen most of the PL players teams, they’re certainly not taking it seriously enough to be pumping their money into it.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Well that would most certainly be against all PFA and Club rules, it is no different to betting on matches.

Why would it be against club rules - on what basis?

You often here stories of players having bets with each other for example Trent and Robbo openly had a bet who would have the most assists in a season.

Likewise Salah and Ings had a goal bet one year (and maybe other years for all we know).

If the clubs and PFA cared about gambling so much there wouldn't be gambling companies sponsoring teams and players etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anything on Maddison making this weekend?

dahat wrote: »
    Anything on Maddison making this weekend?

best to see if he's in squad on Thursday - it's a must win game for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why would it be against club rules - on what basis?

You often here stories of players having bets with each other for example Trent and Robbo openly had a bet who would have the most assists in a season.

Likewise Salah and Ings had a goal bet one year (and maybe other years for all we know).

If the clubs and PFA cared about gambling so much there wouldn't be gambling companies sponsoring teams and players etc.

On the basis that it is clearly against the 'Rules of the Association' of the FA to bet on any football matter either directly or indirectly. Rule 8 I think it is but cant be sure on that, just remember the wording very distinctly from the last case where a footballer was prosecuted. Horseracing have a similar rule for jockeys and yet all their activities are sponsored by betting companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

On the basis that it is clearly against the 'Rules of the Association' of the FA to bet on any football matter either directly or indirectly. Rule 8 I think it is but cant be sure on that, just remember the wording very distinctly from the last case where a footballer was prosecuted. Horseracing have a similar rule for jockeys and yet all their activities are sponsored by betting companies.

Robertson, TAA, Salah and Ings need to be fined and banned asap :pac: especially banned, especially Robertson & TAA as I dont own them.

As Ginger says - Salah Robbo Trent and Ings have all publicly come out and said that they have bets - so why aren't they been fined, banned etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

As Ginger says - Salah Robbo Trent and Ings have all publicly come out and said that they have bets - so why aren't they been fined, banned etc?

Because it's in house, a bit of fun. If it was with an actual betting company then it goes wrong for them.

Not sure what the fuss is about this

• Advertisement

With money involved?

Advertisement