Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is he back for this weekend?

There was no further mention of it on the podcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Any word on Pulisic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Degag wrote: »
    Any word on Pulisic?

According to The Sun, he'll be out for a few weeks but it's The Sun so I'd wait for more reliable news outlets to report first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ah balls.

Not allowed to read it as you have to be a member.

Edit - got to read it. Basically Maupay has fallen out with at least one player in training and teammates are worried he is getting too big for his boots having scored 4 goals already this season.

Hard to know where it goes from here. But it’s not great. Problems like that don’t always get sorted. By dropping him Potter is clearly telling him to fall in line or else. So is Maupay too proud or is he willing to be taught a lesson ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

V94NVih.jpg

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1323621077327687681
    Frank Lampard describes the hamstring injury suffered by Christian Pulisic on Saturday as "very minor" and the US international is already back outside. "He won't be fit tomorrow but we'll see after that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Jesus returned for 20ish mins for man city tonight....and scored !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Fitz* wrote: »

At least there is clarity on it and an approx length of time.

Looking at GW12 - 12th Dec by the time he might be back.

Pity, he's fun to own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Any mention of what ligament he damaged?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Any word on Lamptey's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Sounds encouraging for Maupay owners

Sounds like Brighton realised that they are screwed without him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

James back training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

eh i dunno wrote: »
    James back training

As in Hamez?

Pulisic not fit to play.

As in Hamez?

Yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

TAA out for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez has suffered a potentially serious injury during England training.

Yikes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

Liverpool defender Joe Gomez has suffered a potentially serious injury during England training.

Yikes!

They are getting riddled.

Literally running our of defenders.

International breaks are a joke at this time of the year and that sums it up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Yikes!

Imagine the scenes if that was Pickford again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

shmeee wrote: »
    They are getting riddled.

Literally running our of defenders.

International breaks are a joke at this time of the year and that sums it up..

They didn't have many actual defenders to start with though - unlike a lot of the other top clubs around them. I mentioned this previously and was told Klopp likes a small squad etc.

Hearing that it was ACL but can't find much on that. Is Klopp the type of manager to go out and spend big (cause it will cost them), to get in one or two CD in January - only to have a bigger squad when VVD/Gomez come back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Jota imo now becomes close to a must have. If he wasn't nailed on before I feel he probably is now.

You have Milner and Fabinho now who for the next 1 month+ are likely to be used as centre-backs. Henderson may even need to fill in at some point too.

This means Liverpool are going to be very short in midfield, but still pretty stocked up top. The 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-4 whatever you want to call it) I think will have to be used in most if not all games, so I see Jota starting most if not all games in this period up until Christmas. He's arguably ahead of Firmino in the pecking order too, so even if they do go 3 up top he has a good chance of starting and certainly always has a chance of points off the bench

At 6.5 on his form, playing in probably the best attack in the league now, he's looking like the player that represents the best value in the entire game, so for me I have him as arguably a must-have. If he is fully benched then it's only 6.5. Will definitely be bringing him in on my likely wildcard in GW10

Ake off injured tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Morzadec wrote: »
    Jota imo now becomes close to a must have. If he wasn't nailed on before I feel he probably is now.

You have Milner and Fabinho now who for the next 1 month+ are likely to be used as centre-backs. Henderson may even need to fill in at some point too.

This means Liverpool are going to be very short in midfield, but still pretty stocked up top. The 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-4 whatever you want to call it) I think will have to be used in most if not all games, so I see Jota starting most if not all games in this period up until Christmas. He's arguably ahead of Firmino in the pecking order too, so even if they do go 3 up top he has a good chance of starting and certainly always has a chance of points off the bench

At 6.5 on his form, playing in probably the best attack in the league now, he's looking like the player that represents the best value in the entire game, so for me I have him as arguably a must-have. If he is fully benched then it's only 6.5. Will definitely be bringing him in on my likely wildcard in GW10

Are people planning on doubling up with Jota + Salah? Salah has 47.1% ownership. 3rd highest in the game.
    Maybe they're considering shipping Salah to upgrade elsewhere?

Morzadec wrote: »

And he's a midfielders which I didn't realise!!

V interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Are people planning on doubling up with Jota + Salah? Salah has 47.1% ownership. 3rd highest in the game.
    Maybe they're considering shipping Salah to upgrade elsewhere?

Yeah getting rid of Salah would be madness imo, you need him as the captaincy option with LIverpool's upcoming fixtures, especially now with penalties. Would be a double up.

I was very sure on Jota yesterday, but currently looking at Jota vs Watkins vs Bamford (will choose 2 of the 3) and it's not an easy decision. Ultimately while I'm pretty sure Jota will play, he's not 100% nailed like the other two. Still think he's probably worth bringing in however

Advertisement