Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EPG issues enigma

• 17-08-2020 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm missing channel 4hd and freesports epg data. Using open ATV on Vu solo 4k. Open tv sources have gone on me so using xmltv sources. Which sources do people use for best epg coverage?
    Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Hi folks,
    I'm missing channel 4hd and freesports epg data. Using open ATV on Vu solo 4k. Open tv sources have gone on me so using xmltv sources. Which sources do people use for best epg coverage?
    Cheers,
    Mick

I use CrossEPG which is still showing SkyUK as an OpenTV provider. I use Freesat, as well, as that populates the radio EPG.

If using OpenATV6.4 Open Tv is now built in and can be selected in the configuration menu. You need to install EPGRefresh, to ensure that the info is downloaded for all channels. You then need to add the Sky guide channel under "Edit Services". (I forget which one that is, but I'm sure someone here will know.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,822 ✭✭✭micks_address

I use CrossEPG which is still showing SkyUK as an OpenTV provider. I use Freesat, as well, as that populates the radio EPG.

If using OpenATV6.4 Open Tv is now built in and can be selected in the configuration menu. You need to install EPGRefresh, to ensure that the info is downloaded for all channels. You then need to add the Sky guide channel under "Edit Services". (I forget which one that is, but I'm sure someone here will know.)

I'm on 6.4 and updated via software menu. I selected all the UK Ireland and sky sources under xmltv and it's fine now. I'll try epg refresh. Will it bring in the saorview channels as I have them via a dvb tuner

Ok so I manually added the 1epg channel as suggested in settings. Do you still need epg refresh? I did a delete EPG in settings and have saorview epg but no sat epg. Do I need to wait for it to download over night or can you force a download?

Ok so I manually added the 1epg channel as suggested in settings. Do you still need epg refresh? I did a delete EPG in settings and have saorview epg but no sat epg. Do I need to wait for it to download over night or can you force a download?

Box is in use, so this is from memory...

Go into setup and EPG. Under setup enable OpenTV EPG. This means that if you manually tune in the 1epg channel the epg should populate. It is slower than CrossEPG so give it at least two minutes.

EPGRefresh is just a channel zapper. It automatically changes to the 1epg channel in the background, at the configured time. In the EPGRefresh menu set refresh EPG automatically to yes. Under EditServices add 1epg.

The Saorview EPG populates when you switch to any Saorview channel. If you add any a Saorview channel under the EPGRefresh EditServices menu it will keep the Saorview EPG populated, even if the box is left on standby for weeks.

Box in use here now as well. So I added the channel under epgrefresh. Do I also need to add the bouquets I want refreshed? When I ran epg refresh it switched to the epg channel and said it started..after few minutes it completed but sat channel epg still empty

• Advertisement

Box in use here now as well. So I added the channel under epgrefresh. Do I also need to add the bouquets I want refreshed? When I ran epg refresh it switched to the epg channel and said it started..after few minutes it completed but sat channel epg still empty

EPGRefresh is working correctly. Are you sure that you have enabled the OpenTV EPG in the setup section of the main EPG? The only other thing I can think of is that 1epg is not the correct channel for updating Sky. If you google the channel update frequency for Sky you could compare it with the 1epg frequency, just to be sure. You could also try rebooting the box, just to be sure that all settings have been applied.

EPGRefresh is working correctly. Are you sure that you have enabled the OpenTV EPG in the setup section of the main EPG? The only other thing I can think of is that 1epg is not the correct channel for updating Sky. If you google the channel update frequency for Sky you could compare it with the 1epg frequency, just to be sure. You could also try rebooting the box, just to be sure that all settings have been applied.

Ok I've attached settings.

IMG-20200817-234929.jpg
    MVIMG-20200817-234907.jpg
    MVIMG-20200817-234900.jpg
    IMG-20200817-234734.jpg

I've run again... After run it epg was completely empty..seems to be populating now..nothing on saorview till I clicked on a rte one and it's building out now

Ok I've attached settings.

I've run again... After run it epg was completely empty..seems to be populating now..nothing on saorview till I clicked on a rte one and it's building out now

Settings look to be correct - populating the epg is very slow, compared to CrossEPG. You won't have anything on Saorview until you click on a Saorview Channel. Alternatively just set any Saorview channel as an additional refresh service in EPGRefresh.

Settings look to be correct - populating the epg is very slow, compared to CrossEPG. You won't have anything on Saorview until you click on a Saorview Channel. Alternatively just set any Saorview channel as an additional refresh service in EPGRefresh.

gone back to crossepg this morning.. came down and box was frooze.. had to hard reboot.. then tried epgrefresh and no joy with sat channels... saorview fine.. just wouldnt populate the satelite epg.. maybe at some point i need to do a full refresh of the image but can't be bothered at the moment...

gone back to crossepg this morning.. came down and box was frooze.. had to hard reboot.. then tried epgrefresh and no joy with sat channels... saorview fine.. just wouldnt populate the satelite epg.. maybe at some point i need to do a full refresh of the image but can't be bothered at the moment...

It is an issue with your image, I had the same with some builds. TBH I prefer CrossEPG as it is much quicker. The best way to do a refresh is to back up your settings, do a clean install and then restore them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement