Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Current Affairs/IMHO for one week

Options
  • 17-08-2020 6:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I dispute this banning. First of all there was a bit of back and forth with one mod who comments all day every day on the thread to do with multiculturalism.
    Though things were getting personal (as per usual) another mod came on and suggested I should take a break for a couple days. No warning was issued to anyone else. Nowhere did it say I was banned for a couple days, and I didn't think it was a banning. I have never been banned so I would assume they would state it directly that it was a banning and issue a card (flag is it?). Other posters continued talking about me personally so I responded. Mod came in heavy handed with a one week ban. I follow a thread very closely about opening schools and I need to be able to be involved in that right now. Would appreciate a review and some fair modding across the board. Not just one mod ganging up with another one and ignoring their personal posts towards me too.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans cannot be enforced by the system and requires posters to show self-restraint

Your forum ban was issued for ignoring the threadban. This forum can only deal with your 1 week forum ban. Have you attempted to resolve this with the mod who banned you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Stateofyou

Hi Beasty,

I don't know what you mean by this: Threadbans cannot be enforced by the system

Yes I did pm the mod who issued the ban and I did not get a reply

Again, it was not clear it was a threadban. He started with a personal comment about playing nice and I thought it was just another mod commented. Thread ban was never said at all.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This thread was started less than 2 hours after the ban was issued. Please give the mod at least a day to get back

In terms of the "system" - threadbans are not captured by it, unlike cards and forum bans. They do not "appear" anywhere other than perhaps notes left by mods to alert other mods or thread users. They do not count in considering escalating sanctions, other than when ignored

We can implement a forum ban which removes access to the forum altogether, which ensures you cannot post. We have no similar function for threadbans. You can still see the thread and we cannot enforce "no posting". Unlike a forum ban, it relies on a user to observe the threadban by refraining from posting. It requires some self discipline

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Stateofyou wrote: »
    Hi Beasty,

I don't know what you mean by this: Threadbans cannot be enforced by the system

Yes I did pm the mod who issued the ban and I did not get a reply.

As the mod who issued the threadban that triggered your forum ban, you are being disingenuous. You sent me a singular PM titled "Moderate fairly so", accusing me of not pulling other posters up on the same behaviour.

It is only after Beasty responded to you here that you PM'd me with any sort of enquiry as to your current situation.

No further response from OP in over a month

Marking resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement