Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need an accountant to register for VAT?

• 17-08-2020 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Appreciate any help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Speak to your accountant

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Paddyg96

listermint wrote: »
    Speak to your accountant

Haha I know that's the best advice but It's quite a rare source of income so my accountant actually told me to look into it and see if I could find anyone else in the same boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

you can register on ros.

are you above the threshold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Find a new accountant.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tax_tutor1

Paddyg96 wrote: »
    Haha I know that's the best advice but It's quite a rare source of income so my accountant actually told me to look into it and see if I could find anyone else in the same boat

Could you describe the source of income?

• Advertisement

I did it via my accountant, as I'm generally clueless with revenue related stuff. As far as I know, though, you can do it yourself by using ROS (Revenue Online Service) on revenue's website.

Keep in mind registering for VAT is optional unless you make over a certain amount (think its 37k?), and it is likely more hassle than it's worth if you're not using an accountant (to my mind).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

tax_tutor1 wrote: »
    Could you describe the source of income?

The OPs original title was referring to income from YouTube and they also referred to their accountant asking them to find out what others do ( hence my comment about finding another accountant - which now seems out of context due to OP changing details)

Advertisement