Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on choosing SSAP trustee

• 17-08-2020 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭

Considering setting up a SSAP, to acquire some specific shares and hold them in a pension.

I understand I have to find a third-party trustee, and it costs a fair bit to set up (2-3k?, plus annual fees).

There seems to be a few small shops on google that offer this service, and I'm essentially looking for execution only i.e. I know what assets will be held by the scheme.

Any recommendations? Or tips for choosing one?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No advice.

There aren't that many so do a beauty parade and take your choice.

There is no execution only Pensioner Trustee that offers a cut price option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭tinpib

Just spotted this thread now. How did you get on 3DataModem?

I found this website of Association of Pension Trustees in Ireland

Some pages don't load properly and their last blog post was from 2019 so I don't know if that list of 37 odd members is accurate or complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

While the list may not be entirely accurate, tinpib, I can tell you that there aren't many Revenue approved Trustees, in existence - I think it's sub 50, from memory.

If you are considering an independent, I would recommend Paul Ryan, in Dublin 6. There's a brokerage under Paul's own name, and a related Trustee service, called Signature Trustees, run by Paul and his son Alan, along with a small team.

Paul's been in the industry for 30-40 years, runs a good business, but they retain the personal service, which I like.

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement