Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundup/Glsyphosate

Options
  • 18-08-2020 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to buy glyphosate? My understanding is that the roundup brand is the most expensive - especially at Woodies or B&Q - so just wondering if there is a better option to buy it from a co-op etc?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I would be interested to know too. It was in Mr price last year, but I didn't see it there last time I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

legend99 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest place to buy glyphosate? My understanding is that the roundup brand is the most expensive - especially at Woodies or B&Q - so just wondering if there is a better option to buy it from a co-op etc?
    Thanks

Got Gallup 5l in a CO op before, can’t remember price, maybe €45, much better value

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

vicwatson wrote: »
    Got Gallup 5l in a CO op before, can’t remember price, maybe €45, much better value

Yes, that's the kind I was wondering about. It's prohibitively expensive. I wonder is that a farmers price?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭shane b

Round up or Gallup are Both weedkillers whose main raw material is glyphosate. Gallup would be the cheaper of the two. Price depends on how much you need and what type of container you need it in.
    If you have a knapsack sprayer, 1 litre is about 16 euro whereas 5 litres is about 40-50 and 20 litres is 100 euro. If your in the south, the dairygold co-op website would be a good start. Only thing is if buying any quantity over a litre the seller is supposed to as to keep details of whos buying it.
    It can also be bought in premixed ready to use containers that come with a gun/nozzle, pricewise your looking at 10 euro a litre. Ideal if its only a spot here and there and there is no handling of the raw chemical.

Advertisement