Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lightweight breathable rainproof jacket for city cycling

Options
  • 18-08-2020 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'm looking for a lightweight breathable (if that really exists!) rain jacket for city commuter cycling. Found this thread, but it's 7 years old - would anyone have any current recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Galibier Tempest Pro, brought it with me at the weekend as forecast was for showers, got a heavy one and threw on the jacket, very light and waterproof for the 20 minutes of rain anyway. When shower passed I only had about 13k to get hoe so left it on instead of stopping and wasn't overly sweaty despite the warm temperatures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,577 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

mod note - moved to new thread

@OP, it might be worth mentioning if you have a budget in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Decathlon do a mountain bike style one.

It's blue with orange pockets.

Really breathable. Excellent Jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

Endura FS260 Pro Adrenaline Jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

mp31 wrote: »
    Endura FS260 Pro Adrenaline Jacket

+1

This is a great jacket. More shower proof but it dries very fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

crosswords wrote: »
    Decathlon do a mountain bike style one.

It's blue with orange pockets.

Really breathable. Excellent Jacket.

Do you know the name of it please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Do you know the name of it please ?

Now marketed as a hiking jacket, but was originally part of MTB collection.

https://www.decathlon.ie/ie_en/fh500-helium-rain-men-s-waterproof-hiking-jacket-blue-en-s124825.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43 jillette

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, some good ones there for me to investigate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I've been using the Rapha Commuter Jacket for the past couple of months and find it great. Super visible and properly waterproof, especially if you go for the eye searing pink like I did.

It's too warm for high summer but other than that it's great.

Advertisement