Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If the original story was true, it was odd but nothing to write home about, unless you added some colour of your own.

This poor thread has really **** the bed. GAA now...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jh79 wrote: »
    Fair enough but when your son is hiding in plain sight over there maybe some of the other members should of suggested Boston

There’s a possibility they thought he didn’t do it , I know for a fact a local looked my elderly relative in the eye and said he didn’t do it and she said they were convincing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    If the original story was true, it was odd but nothing to write home about, unless you added some colour of your own.

This poor thread has really **** the bed. GAA now...

I think it's fascinating look at the initial pile on in likes on comments and fellas jumping over one another to smear SF with the same old tactics no matter how tenuous a link to the story. Fell hook line and sinker for a fake news story .Yet these same people are quiet and not asking questions of the government at their height of one of the most tumultuous times in our countries history. Good Republicans they ain't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

smurgen wrote: »
    I think it's fascinating look at the initial pile on in likes on comments and fellas jumping over one another to smear SF with the same old tactics no matter how tenuous a link to the story. Fell hook line and sinker for a fake news story .Yet these same people are quiet and not asking questions of the government at their height of one of the most tumultuous times in our countries history. Good Republicans they ain't!

I wasn't particularly interested in this story (or any of the IRA stuff really), but it was published in the Irish Times, hardly Donald Trump style fake news. You're guilty of falling for fake news yourself if it suits your agenda.

I'm not sure what you found fascinating- we see it all the time with yourself and other SF voters. All over anything the government do, but willing to overlook complete craziness from the party they vote for. It happens and not unique to one side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

There’s a possibility they thought he didn’t do it , I know for a fact a local looked my elderly relative in the eye and said he didn’t do it and she said they were convincing

Well turns out they were wrong , He did do it , there was a trial and everything

I guess old people are more convincing liars that young ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

There is a severe lack of comment on news stories that aren't dirt. I posted on Harris' idea for making trades available to people. I think it's very good myself. Not a peep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

So what have we here
    Garda get killed
    Young lad who like to wash a bit of diesel so know the old PIRA as they love washing diesel in involved
    He gets shipped out but can’t keep mouth shut
    Someone has evidence, wants to go to Garda but has to ask SF first
    Weeks pass and suddenly SF decide to give him the thumbs up, not because he killed a Garda but because he is getting pissed all the time in US and telling everyone
    He gets jailed
    Story comes out
    SF say nothing to see here
    Random nut job SF online person posts saying it’s all a lie. Trying to say that a person has no idea they can’t talk to the Garda without asking SF first, even when they are not a SF supporter

Anything wrong?

Good one lads!!!! Another display of what SF are....always will be as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Fair enough but when your son is hiding in plain sight over there maybe some of the other members should of suggested Boston

Why avoid New York and go to Boston four years ago. Brady father is a former chairman of Crossmaglen. You can't blame him for the actions of his son and you can't expect him to abandon him either.

Following a reception and information evening with New York Irish and business community representatives on Wednesday evening, the delegation continued their campaign of positive promotion of Crossmaglen at the prestigious American Ireland Fund dinner in New York where they met Mr Sean T Kelly, Vice Chair of KPMG and The Ireland Fund. The delegation also headed to Park Avenue where they met with the Irish Consul General Barbara Jones and the vice Consul general Anna McGillacuddy.

http://www.crossexaminer.co.uk/rangers-delegation-crosses-the-atlantic-to-promote-club-and-community/

There is a really good documentary made about Crossmaglen GAA club by the BBC on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2aCVpOCGFI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Crossmaglen have gotten off lightly so far.

On the contrary, they have been subject to absolutely ridiculous comment here. Because their chairman was related to a person who committed a crime has nothing whatsoever to do with the GAA club.

An Irish soccer player has recently been associated with crime, does that implicate the FAI? Have the FAI issued a statement retrospectively disowning him?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Who the hell is Liam Browne? I wouldn’t take the word of some crank on Twitter over that of a respected journalist working for our paper of record.

Hardly a crank.

Has posted as RockofCashel on politics.ie over the years and is at the saner end of the shinner spectrum. He may have even left the party at one time. But he does have his blind spots. (don't we all)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

You have to admit - it's gone very quiet in here though?

I can only speak for myself, Francie, but I said what I had to say in 4 or 5 posts earlier in the thread and haven't read anything since to make me feel I have to add to them.

Plus, not all of us have the inclination, time or need to share our pearls of wisdom 34,000 times.

(I try not to get personal but I'm responding to the triumphalist tone in your post)

On the contrary, they have been subject to absolutely ridiculous comment here. Because their chairman was related to a person who committed a crime has nothing whatsoever to do with the GAA club.

An Irish soccer player has recently been associated with crime, does that implicate the FAI? Have the FAI issued a statement retrospectively disowning him?

I agree but it contrast massively with the media and social media attention of the focus on Sinn Fein who had nothing if anything to do with any aspect of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

rdwight wrote: »
    Hardly a crank.

Has posted as RockofCashel on politics.ie over the years and is at the saner end of the shinner spectrum. He may have even left the party at one time. But he does have his blind spots. (don't we all)

Anyone who posts on politics.ie is a crank and an oddball.

rdwight wrote: »
    Hardly a crank.

Read his twitter account

He is another SF loon plastering the web with rubbish, hence why even SF had to tell them to quit it

Is he really trying to tell us some random person with no links to SF didn’t know they could just go and talk to Garda, bigger joke is the people on here repeating it as if it’s true

I agree but it contrast massively with the media and social media attention of the focus on Sinn Fein who had nothing if anything to do with any aspect of the story.

The minute washing diesel was mentioned the whole country knew the PIRA and SF sticky fingers would be all over it. No surprise when this story comes out

Anyone who posts on politics.ie is a crank and an oddball.

You said the same about Twitter. Let me guess. You were laughed off both platforms? How about stick to reading the indo. It's a safe space for people like you.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The minute washing diesel was mentioned the whole country knew the PIRA and SF sticky fingers would be all over it. No surprise when this story comes out

There's no link. Way more of a link between say Larry Goodman Mr Beef tribunal and the Fine Gael government. Or Keeling and Coveney. I say FG and most people think crony. Same with FF. Aul Michael Martin who's wife had money resting in her account from a developer. Father Ted type stuff.

You said the same about Twitter. Let me guess. You were laughed off both platforms? How about stick to reading the indo. It's a safe space for people like you.

I prefer my political news to come from reputable sources that employ journalists, as opposed to some toothless simpleton who drives a white van and thinks his worthless opinions are worthy of being transmitted to the world. The sort you find on Twitter in particular.

There's no link. Way more of a link between say Larry Goodman Mr Beef tribunal and the Fine Gael government. Or Keeling and Coveney. I say FG and most people think crony. Same with FF. Aul Michael Martin who's wife had money resting in her account from a developer. Father Ted type stuff.

Did someone say Denis O Brien?

I raise you a Denis OBrien

Remind me, was Larry the boyo involved with shooting Garda and then trying to get people to cover it up? Or is that SF?

Will SF have a warm reception on release for this murdering scumbag like they have done previously?

Twitter is full of cranks and oddballs....who told you it wasn’t?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Twitter is full of cranks and oddballs....who told you it wasn’t?

Cranks and oddballs? Like this lad?

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1293663127809204233?s=19

I prefer my political news to come from reputable sources that employ journalists, as opposed to some toothless simpleton who drives a white van and thinks his worthless opinions are worthy of being transmitted to the world. The sort you find on Twitter in particular.

All your journalists and politicians are on Twitter. Of course they hate it as the general public hand them their arse on a regular basis.

All your journalists and politicians are on Twitter. Of course they hate it as the general public hand them their arse on a regular basis.

Why are you talking about people anatomy?

Yes...and your point is?

Good to get away from the topic of Sinn Fein and start about FG....didn’t take you long....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Who the hell is Liam Browne? I wouldn’t take the word of some crank on Twitter over that of a respected journalist working for our paper of record.

The paper has corrected itself now, so there's that I suppose. First he was a member - now "an associate" according to information given by an anonymous Garda. There was a fair few posters up in arms about the gards anonymously leaking info on Barry Cowen, they're fierce silent on this thread.
    The party now says the witness was not a member, though according to the account of the investigating garda, Sinn Féin confirmed at the time he was “one of ours”. Whether he was enrolled or not, he was clearly associated with the party.

Reads like another botched hatchet job attempt, is there an election on the horizon or something?

Looks like the jam just fell out of your donut Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Well turns out they were wrong , He did do it , there was a trial and everything

I guess old people are more convincing liars that young ones

We know that

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    The paper has corrected itself now, so there's that I suppose. First he was a member - now "an associate" according to information given by an anonymous Garda. There was a fair few posters up in arms about the gards anonymously leaking info on Barry Cowen, they're fierce silent on this thread.

Reads like another botched hatchet job attempt, is there an election on the horizon or something?

I knew certain posters hearts just weren't in this one and it was obvious why from the get go. It was so obviously a concoction and tenuous not even they could sustain it.
    Another smear attempt in tatters on the floor. Oh well.

https://twitter.com/patleahyit/status/1296000840059232256?s=21

Where’s this bulldust idea that the Irish Times have withdrawn the story come from?

Some dude from Tipperary spouting off isn’t exactly evidence of same. The fact of the matter remains is that this witness didn’t feel comfortable going to the police with evidence in a capital murder without running it by SF/IRA top brass first. And that’s shameful. That’s not normal. SF are an abnormal party.

McMurphy wrote: »

A Sinn Finn nut on twitter saying it didn’t happen is not the paper.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

The media trying to make a non story, Graham Dywer lived in Foxrock but nobody tried to implicate Fine Geal in his activities.

Some people are just gurriers and hang around with other gurriers and do not especially represent society.

Advertisement