Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Report all you want I couldn't give a toss.

Stephen Travers stated in public that Harris tried at all costs to stop papers being released to the official investigation to protect agents - that's collusion....

dont even mention what they did to john stalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

smurgen wrote: »
    If the truth is vile to you then you're the problem not social media . You do realise that the newspapers that started this thread have adjusted their headlines right?

Difference between adjust and retract

You do understand that?

How are they doing that?

If the Gardai, PSNI and IMC know who was there, why would they need witnesses from SF to say they were there?

Make some sense Shef.

They need witnesses. As we have seen in this case seemingly people cannot go to the Garda without approval from SF which in this case doesn't seem to have happened.

You can't just arrest someone because you know they done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    They need witnesses. As we have seen in this case seemingly people cannot go to the Garda without approval from SF which in this case doesn't seem to have happened.

You can't just arrest someone because you know they done it.

There was nobody there but the killers Shef. How do you get witnesses out of that situation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Not knowing who Stephen Travers is in relation to the subject you are pretending to be knowledgeable about says it all really.
    You need to research before commenting.

Lol. Sticking up for your bhoys again Francie? Condemning murder one minute then having their backs the next?

Sounds like a political party I know somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Why did Marie Bailey speak to Josephine Madigan about her insurance claim?

Oh dear.

There was nobody there but the killers Shef. How do you get witnesses out of that situation?

Wow just Wow. It's called a alibi. It is fairly clear SF know who done it, the Garda and PSNI know who done it. ANy other political party would do anything to bring these killers to the courts.

SF instead throw about lies about the victim, then lie about the lies, then lie about the lies and then try to say the original lie never happened.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Lol. Sticking up for your bhoys again Francie? Condemning murder one minute then having their backs the next?

Sounds like a political party I know somewhere.

You don't know who a key person is in one of the cases you are pretending to be knowledgeable about, says it all. No need to double down on that.

Why did Marie Bailey speak to Josephine Madigan about her insurance claim?

I love it when Shinnerbots manage to compare and contrast murder, kidnapping , extortion and the disappeared with a woman falling off a swing in a nightclub.

Wow.

Wow just Wow. It's called a alibi. It is fairly clear SF know who done it, the Garda and PSNI know who done it. ANy other political party would do anything to bring these killers to the courts.

SF instead throw about lies about the victim, then lie about the lies, then lie about the lies and then try to say the original lie never happened.

SF have given them an 'alibi'?

Have you a link to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I love it when Shinnerbots manage to compare and contrast murder, kidnapping , extortion and the disappeared with a woman falling off a swing in a nightclub.

Wow.

Which SF person done that in this instance? What I'm drawing attention to is the need to talk regarding an item. Why did Maria Bailey feel like she needed to talk to Madigan about an insurance claim? Was it because she knew more about the law maybe. Could advise her more?

Which SF person done that in this instance? What I'm drawing attention to is the need to talk regarding an item. Why did Maria Bailey feel like she needed to talk to Madigan about an insurance claim? Was it because she knew more about the law maybe. Could advise her more?

I never knew that Maria Bailey knew Stephen Travers or Drew Harris?

Is she even in Sinn Féin?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jm08 wrote: »
    The apology Mrs Quinn is looking for is a statement from Murphy is that her son was not involved in criminality. Do you know if that is true or not?

If it is true that he was not involved in criminality, surely its the PSNI she needs to make a statement bearing in mind that is where Bertie got his information from when he made that statement in the Dail (which he sort half hearted withdrew later).

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2008-02-07/5/

Rory O'Hanlon: "A few weeks after the murder, I called to the Quinn household in Cullyhanna in the company of councillor Geraldine Donnelly. Despite the enormity of the tragedy, I was impressed by the dignity of the family. Briege Quinn told me she desired two things, that Paul's name be cleared of allegations of criminality and that the perpetrators be brought to justice. Paul Quinn's name has been cleared by the Government here and the Taoiseach spoke to Briege. I was present at the meeting. The Fianna Fáil Parliamentary Party also accepts that Paul Quinn was an innocent victim."

Enda Kenny: "The late Paul Quinn was entitled to have his good name and integrity protected by the peace process. I regret the quick response from the Government suggesting that criminal elements may have been involved. As I told Stephen and Briege Quinn, I and the party that I lead never regarded the late Paul Quinn as a criminal. It is important that all parties make that statement so as to bring some consolation to his family. I accept that the Government has confirmed that position in a meeting with his parents."

Liz McManus: "I have little doubt members of the Provisional IRA carried out the attack on Paul Quinn and were responsible for his murder. I do not know if the murder was sanctioned at a higher level but regardless of this, the provisional movement has an obligation to face up to its responsibilities."

"I cannot let this occasion pass without making some reference to the injudicious comments made by the Taoiseach in the aftermath of the killing in which he clearly implied that Paul Quinn had been involved in criminal activity. I do not know if the Taoiseach had been poorly briefed or if his desire not to do anything to destabilise the delicate political position in Northern Ireland clouded his judgment. However, the result of his comments was to play into the hands of his killers, provide ammunition for those who wanted to denigrate Paul Quinn and add enormously to the trauma of the Quinn family.

In fairness to the Taoiseach, six weeks later he eventually withdrew those comments and publicly stated that Paul Quinn was not involved in criminal activity, but these groundless comments should never have been made in the first place."

She had a lot more to say, well worth a read.

Minister of State, Sean Power: "I and the Government have no problem stating categorically that the murder of Paul Quinn was not related in any way to any involvement of by him in criminal activities."

But read the weaselly, sly, words of that creep Caoimhin O'Caoilean, still implying a slur on Paul Quinn's character:

"The question has been raised as to whether the victim of this murder, Paul Quinn, may or may not have at any time been involved in criminal activity. As I have said before, that has no bearing whatsoever on the heinousness of the crime of murder committed against him."

I am fed up to the teeth with the sleeveen approach of Sinn Fein supporters on here, continually to peddle lies about Paul Quinn. It is disgusting, it is sewer-like and repugnant.

:p:p:p
    Maria f**king Bailey

I take your Maria and raise you with Larry Goodman

blanch152 wrote: »

Rory O'Hanlon: "A few weeks after the murder, I called to the Quinn household in Cullyhanna in the company of councillor Geraldine Donnelly. Despite the enormity of the tragedy, I was impressed by the dignity of the family. Briege Quinn told me she desired two things, that Paul's name be cleared of allegations of criminality and that the perpetrators be brought to justice. Paul Quinn's name has been cleared by the Government here and the Taoiseach spoke to Briege. I was present at the meeting. The Fianna Fáil Parliamentary Party also accepts that Paul Quinn was an innocent victim."

Enda Kenny: "The late Paul Quinn was entitled to have his good name and integrity protected by the peace process. I regret the quick response from the Government suggesting that criminal elements may have been involved. As I told Stephen and Briege Quinn, I and the party that I lead never regarded the late Paul Quinn as a criminal. It is important that all parties make that statement so as to bring some consolation to his family. I accept that the Government has confirmed that position in a meeting with his parents."

Liz McManus: "I have little doubt members of the Provisional IRA carried out the attack on Paul Quinn and were responsible for his murder. I do not know if the murder was sanctioned at a higher level but regardless of this, the provisional movement has an obligation to face up to its responsibilities."

"I cannot let this occasion pass without making some reference to the injudicious comments made by the Taoiseach in the aftermath of the killing in which he clearly implied that Paul Quinn had been involved in criminal activity. I do not know if the Taoiseach had been poorly briefed or if his desire not to do anything to destabilise the delicate political position in Northern Ireland clouded his judgment. However, the result of his comments was to play into the hands of his killers, provide ammunition for those who wanted to denigrate Paul Quinn and add enormously to the trauma of the Quinn family.

In fairness to the Taoiseach, six weeks later he eventually withdrew those comments and publicly stated that Paul Quinn was not involved in criminal activity, but these groundless comments should never have been made in the first place."

Minister of State, Sean Power: "I and the Government have no problem stating categorically that the murder of Paul Quinn was not related in any way to any involvement of by him in criminal activities."

But read the weaselly, sly, words of that creep Caoimhin O'Caoilean, still implying a slur on Paul Quinn's character:

"The question has been raised as to whether the victim of this murder, Paul Quinn, may or may not have at any time been involved in criminal activity. As I have said before, that has no bearing whatsoever on the heinousness of the crime of murder committed against him."

I am fed up to the teeth with the sleeveen approach of Sinn Fein supporters on here, continually to peddle lies about Paul Quinn. It is disgusting, it is sewer-like and repugnant.

Are you going to post here and bare face lie about what the reports from the PSNI The Gardai and the IMC given to government said? At least O'Caolain used the caveat 'may or may not'...Ahern didn't when he quoted those reports in the house.

Just bizarre.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Report all you want I couldn't give a toss.

Stephen Travers stated in public that Harris tried at all costs to stop papers being released to the official investigation to protect agents - that's collusion....

And how would Stephen Travers know this?

If you had said that Stephen Travers had accused Harris of being involved in stopping papers being released, then you might have been accurate.

However, even if the accusation is true, it does not amount to collusion in killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's a sick party with moronic and morally bankrupt supporters.

That's lovely. But the kind of attitude we expect from the leadership. Would have thought the supporters were more decent.
    You should note many of their votes likely came from people who have voted for other parties but found them wanting for a variety of reasons.

Only in Sinn Fein wonderland would a woman seeking advice from her personal solicitor about an insurance claim be considered equivalent to a Sinn Fein member/associate seeking permission from the party leader to give evidence in a murder trial.

Are you going to post here and bare face lie about what the reports from the PSNI The Gardai and the IMC given to government said? At least O'Caolain used the caveat 'may or may not'...Ahern didn't when he quoted those reports in the house.

Just bizarre.

There were no lies in my post, it just corrected the lies being spread around here about Paul Quinn.

You are about the only person in Monaghan who thinks the IRA were not involved in Paul Quinn's murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

And how would Stephen Travers know this?

If you had said that Stephen Travers had accused Harris of being involved in stopping papers being released, then you might have been accurate.

However, even if the accusation is true, it does not amount to collusion in killing.
    He would know this because Harris was named as the senior officer who sought a Public Interest Immunity to stop the files being released. The same files which showed that there was forensic evidence found relating to Robin Jackson.

Harris also ran Mark Haddock as an agent - he killed 21 people, is that enough for you?

• Advertisement

Only in Sinn Fein wonderland would a woman seeking advice from her personal solicitor about an insurance claim be considered equivalent to a Sinn Fein member/associate seeking permission from the party leader to give evidence in a murder trial.

It seriously is a f**ked up way of thinking.

Both are wrong of course but come on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

All a load of political point scoring off each other.

Mrs Quinn wants a statement to clear her son's name of being involved in criminal activity. The only people who can clear that allegation (made by Bertie Ahern on information given to him by the Gardai (originating from the PSNI) needs to be made by the PSNI.

Sinn Fein saying that he wasn't involved in criminal activity is pointless (because as you like to claim they are liars).

Why won't the PSNI clear Paul Quinn's name for Mrs Quinn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And if the solicitor was Madigan?
    Your telling of the events differs from the reality. Also this was on giving evidence to assist Garda. Not screw the hotel, insurers and public for some grubby personal gain.
    Of course if this were FG the finer details would remain hidden from the public

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

And if you want to talk about murder who would know more than gerry adams

Mrs Quinn wants a statement to clear her son's name of being involved in criminal activity. The only people who can clear that allegation (made by Bertie Ahern on information given to him by the Gardai (originating from the PSNI) needs to be made by the PSNI.

Sinn Fein saying that he wasn't involved in criminal activity is pointless (because as you like to claim they are liars).

The elephant in the room.

Did the PSNI ever go to the press/tv and say Paul Quinn was a criminal?

Please link to any statement from the PSNI that claims that Paul Quinn was involved in criminality.

As Bertie Ahern repeatedly made clear, his statements referred to the PSNI assessment of the killers, not of Paul Quinn.

All you are doing is repeating baseless lies and sewer-level insinuations.

The elephant in the room.

How the f**k is it the elephant in the room? the PSNI never said he was a criminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Did the PSNI ever go to the press/tv and say Paul Quinn was a criminal?

My point is that the only one who can clear Paul Quinn's name about his involvement in criminality for Mrs Quinn is the PSNI.

Everyone else is just guessing.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    And if the solicitor was Madigan?
    Your telling of the events differs from the reality. Also this was on giving evidence to assist Garda. Not screw the hotel, insurers and public for some grubby personal gain.
    Of course if this were FG the finer details would remain hidden from the public

Maybe you are not getting it. Let me spell it out
    Murder = terrible, if not the worst crime in World. Close with child abusers

Insurance fraud = bad....

Sorry but something is wrong if that has to be explained to you. Comparing a murder with insurance fraud which never actually turned into a court case is baffling.

Advertisement