Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nope, never said that either. I do however, put a threshold on suitability for electoral office. Anyone, with a connection to a group that have been involved in thuggish criminality or supported thuggish criminality is unfit for public office - that includes the whole of Sinn Fein.

What about Mairia Cahill as a Senator? 'Suitable' given her links to and support of dissidents and the IRA?

Or is she another of the selective few absolved because they are useful to your anti SF bias?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    And yet Fine Gael, the law and disorder party, lost votes to them.
    FF/FG ride institutions and structures of this State ragged. Give over dude.

You are still fighting the last election and glorifying in the results, when the world has changed beyond recognition.

What we have learned since the last election is that the FG government did a far better job at handling the pandemic than the more recent incarnation led by Micheal Martin. As several people have said to me recently, they felt much more reassured and confident about the government when listening to Leo.

You are still fighting the last election and glorifying in the results, when the world has changed beyond recognition.

What we have learned since the last election is that the FG government did a far better job at handling the pandemic than the more recent incarnation led by Micheal Martin. As several people have said to me recently, they felt much more reassured and confident about the government when listening to Leo.

Fellow Greens huh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

And yet Fine Gael, the law and disorder party, lost votes to them.
    FF/FG ride institutions and structures of this State ragged. Give over dude.

You live in a country that was the poorest in Europe when it was founded, and now routinely finds itself in the top 5 in the world across quality of life, opportunity of outcome, freedom of press, and a host of other metrics. It’s not utopia, but it’s a fine country in which to live, start a family, and grow old in.

And now you have a party with extraordinary links to an illegal paramilitary criminal organisation saying they can come in an make it better. A party who has no issue with kiddie fiddling, torture, and undermining the State in pursuit of its goals. The goal is to abolish the Irish State as it currently exists.

Give over, dude. Your attempts at minimising the actions of SF/IRA while making a mountain out of a molehill out of everything else is completely transparent. All coming from a lad who says he’s a SD voter. People aren’t stupid, dude. We all know what’s going on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

What about Mairia Cahill as a Senator? 'Suitable' given her links to and support of dissidents and the IRA?

Or is she another of the selective few absolved because they are useful to your anti SF bias?

Victim of sinn fein crime and speaks for the victim of sinn fein crimes

im sure if jerry mccabes or adrian o donoghues widow wanted a public life she would have huge public support too,

that's the problem with having so many victims ]

it the party didn't try to bully and blacken her too

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Victim of sinn fein crime and speaks for the victim of sinn fein crimes

im sure if jerry mccabes or adrian o donoghues widow wanted a public life she would have huge public support too,

that's the problem with having so many victims ]

it the party didn't try to bully and blacken her too

Thanks for proving the point.

You just convicted a man and others, without a trial or a chance to defend his name. Exactly what I said blanch does when it comes to SF.

Mairia was centrally involved with dissidents and with the IRA, which precludes her from public office under blanch's regime.

P.S. Unless of course they make allegations about SF seemingly then it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Too many dudes in here, dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

You just convicted a man and others, without a trial or a chance to defend his name. Exactly what I said blanch does when it comes to SF.

Mairia was centrally involved with dissidents and with the IRA, which precludes her from public office under blanch's regime.

She was sexually abused by the PIRA and you think it is ok to use her as some sort of example?

Talk about sinking to a new low.

Repentance is a route to redemption.

If say, Conor Murphy was to repudiate the IRA, report on his contacts with the IRA in relation to Paul Quinn and name his contacts, then he has a route to redemption.

You can see from her public statements that Mairia Cahill has already followed this route.

when the party stopes people coming forward with evidence Robert McCarthy anyone ? Paul Quinn ?

if in doubt try to smear the victims , a long standing SF tactic

theres other threads that you are in where sinner bots try to claim that the McCabe murder was a personal payback hit not a greed driving robbery same thing

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    She was sexually abused by the PIRA and you think it is ok to use her as some sort of example?

He does it repeatedly. The same type of disingenuous response that we have seen about Bertie Ahern's remark is continually used in respect of Ms. Cahill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onh81

I don’t know if the lad was involved in low level criminality. What I do know is he crossed the son of a well known ‘good republican’ who is a close confidant of the ultimate ‘good republican’, Thomas Slab Murphy. At least 12 people were present in the shed that night as Quinn was tortured to death. And the entire community up there knows who is involved. Omertà. Silence. Fear.

And the former leader and president of SF knows exactly who was involved. The bearded sociopath.

A morally repugnant and deeply abnormal party. A disgusting blight on Irish democracy. Anyone who supports them has absolutely no right to comment on anything else relating to the institutions and structures of this State. Morally bankrupt.
    I think you should stick to your toilet thread it’s more your domain.

Repentance is a route to redemption.

If say, Conor Murphy was to repudiate the IRA, report on his contacts with the IRA in relation to Paul Quinn and name his contacts, then he has a route to redemption.

You can see from her public statements that Mairia Cahill has already followed this route.

Who did Mairia 'report' on in RNU? Were there arrests?

I can see from her public statements that she is hell bent on a similar 'get Gerry/SF' agenda that you are.

when the party stopes people coming forward with evidence Robert McCarthy anyone ? Paul Quinn ?

if in doubt try to smear the victims , a long standing SF tactic

theres other threads that you are in where sinner bots try to claim that the McCabe murder was a personal payback hit not a greed driving robbery same thing

Same old same old comeback when challenged.

You just convicted a man who has never had the chance to defend the allegations against him n a court of law along with the others accused.

Own that. Everyone has rights and it isn't up to you, me or anyone else to decide who has and who hasn't.

I did not attack a victim. This is a lie.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

She alleged that she was abused by a 'member' of PIRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A nervous witness comes forward and SF hand Gardai the 'break' they need in the case. Am I missing anything?

Yeah. What, or rather who, was he 'nervous' of, exactly? Given that we keep being told that the IRA doesn't exist....

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Same old same old comeback when challenged.

You just convicted a man who has never had the chance to defend the allegations against him n a court of law along with the others accused.

Own that. Everyone has rights and it isn't up to you, me or anyone else to decide who has and who hasn't.

I did not attack a victim. This is a lie.

same old party line on the other side , smear sneer and ignore facts , ye are fooling no one dude

I though you guys were told to lay off by HQ ?

why was there never a trial ? how come very few come forward ? what about all the witness to other crimes committed in public by sf ira members .

the SCC is evidence enough that SF suspects cannot go before jurys . it was a mistake made with Brady and intimidation was shown to take place ,

same old party line on the other side , smear sneer and ignore facts , ye are fooling no one dude

I though you guys were told to lay off by HQ ?

why was there never a trial ? how come very few come forward ? what about all the witness to other crimes committed in public by sf ira members .

the SCC is evidence enough that SF suspects cannot go before jurys . it was a mistake made with Brady and intimidation was shown to take place ,

6 people came forward to defend themselves at trial...why the trial never happened you can research yourself, might open your eyes to why people don't trust the police and don't come forward.

By the way...who did I smear? I accept Mairia Cahill's story for what it is..an allegation, but I also accept that somebody has a right to defend themselves.
    That is also why when talking about Dublin/Monaghan I am careful to say 'the alleged collusion' of the British Army. Cuts both ways IMO.

6 people came forward to defend themselves at trial...why the trial never happened you can research yourself, might open your eyes to why people don't trust the police and don't come forward.

its the psni and gardai fault that people are afraid of being kneecapped or disappeared and buried on a beach somewhere by a group of people who don't exist anymore ?

smear sneer ignore and deflect now

same old same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

By the way...who did I smear? I accept Mairia Cahill's story for what it is..an allegation, but I also accept that somebody has a right to defend themselves.
    That is also why when talking about Dublin/Monaghan I am careful to say 'the alleged collusion' of the British Army. Cuts both ways IMO.

Well according to the original article it is not people don't thrust the police. People are afraid to talk to the police beacuse of the PIRA and SF

Sure Adams had no problem putting a bullet in the head of a woman because he suspected her of talking to the police?

• Advertisement

its the psni and gardai fault that people are afraid of being kneecapped or disappeared and buried on a beach somewhere by a group of people who don't exist anymore ?

smear sneer ignore and deflect now

same old same

FFS when was the last time somebody was disappeared? Hysterical much?

I don't deny that intimidation happens, but there is also the problem of trust. Read what happened when Liam Adams victim went to the police and what happened in the Cahill case.

Yet you are happy to defend the naming of Paul Quinn as a criminal by Conor Murphy, despite the absence of any conviction.

An absolutely hypocritical post from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You'll note Cronyism, fraud and 'inappropriate behaviour' were left off the check list. Sure it's only billions of tax payer euros.

FFS when was the last time somebody was disappeared? Hysterical much?

I don't deny that intimidation happens, but there is also the problem of trust. Read what happened when Liam Adams victim went to the police and what happened in the Cahill case.

we haven't found most of the last ones they disappeared yet sure

why do they need to ongoingly intimidate people ?

do you think im defending the RUC ?

again smear who ever you can bar the party taking responsibility for its members and activities .

like a parody account at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Yet you are happy to defend the naming of Paul Quinn as a criminal by Conor Murphy, despite the absence of any conviction.

An absolutely hypocritical post from you.

Do you know why Paul Quinn was murdered?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

jm08 wrote: »
    Do you know why Paul Quinn was murdered?

It doesn't matter. The issue is SF's links to organised crime.

You'll note Cronyism, fraud and 'inappropriate behaviour' were left off the check list. Sure it's only billions of tax payer euros.

Only you would consider terrorist campaigns to be less heinous than FG's settlement with Revenue for unpaid PRSI on Christmas bonuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I am making comparisons between the party he has issue with and the ones he holds up as some kind of high bar, (hilariously).

You are now changing the topic and trying to social distance from a government both your parties are involved in. Or is this another FG style cop out where it use to be the opposition bullying wee FG into making poor decisions now it's Varadkar, who has no problems talking out of school on other departments, being led by FF? Humorous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

jh79 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. The issue is SF's links to organised crime.

So, it has nothing to do with Mrs Quinn wanting to clear her son's name.
    Thanks for clarifying that.

• Advertisement

we haven't found most of the last ones they disappeared yet sure

What?
    why do they need to ongoingly intimidate people ?

Who is intimidating people? Criminals are intimidating people.
    do you think im defending the RUC ?

No I don't, I think you are however refusing to countenance the serious legacy they left behind them.
    again smear who ever you can bar the party taking responsibility for its members and activities .

like a parody account at this stage

Again. Who am I smearing?

Advertisement