Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

This was one of the documents that have led me to my current view of SF and IRA. http://www.niassembly.gov.uk/globalassets/documents/raise/knowledge_exchange/briefing_papers/series7/dempster180418.pdf
    Also, Geoff Knufler telling the Assembly that he was satisfied that former mebers of the IRA were doing all they could to assist. (I cannot find the link)

Yet the evidence laid out in this case (Aaron Brady) is that SF did what they said they would do...assist in every way possible to get justice for the Donohue family. They convinced a reluctant witness (we still don't know the nature of that reluctance, despite the usual jumping to conclusions by the usuals) to give his evidence.

They, as Pat Leavy and the other journalists wrote, gave Gardai 'the break they needed in the case'.

For that they have received yet another botched attempt to blacken the name of the party.

Seems to me it is not SF that is out on a very dodgy limb here.

so a lot of cold blooded murders get away with it and family's left to suffer while the killers get on jobs paid for by the state . it stinks

Why would any person need to get clearance from a quasi political criminal organisation to give evidence about a murder ,

I wonder why the other 3 or 4 witness who wouldn't give evidence didn't , no ok from HQ ?

you cant blacken coal francie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

jm08 wrote: »
    Well, for example, if it was over a woman, it would enable the PSNI/Bertie Ahern/SF/Enda Kenny/ Olivia Mitchell, Hugh Orde, BBC Spotlight etc. to clear Paul Quinn's name that he had anything to do with criminality, which is what Mrs Quinn wants - her son's name to be cleared of having had anything to do with criminality. Lets not forget, Paul Quinn lost his life and Mrs Quinn lost a son. She is looking for small comfort for that and she should be given it.

That would undoubtedly give some small comfort to Mrs Quinn, but I would imagine the scum responsible for so viciously murdered her son being behind bars for a very long time would bring even more comfort to her and the rest of that community.

The fact that they are not shows the hold those vicious unprincipled bast**ds have over that community, where one wrong word can result in you being beaten to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Truthvader wrote: »

What motive would you need if your entitled to mutilate other people from the off

Our forebears took onto themselves the same entitlements. It is the same 'entitlement' that allows conflicts/wars, colonialism, suppression to take place and is not unique on this island to former members of the IRA who have turned to criminal activity.
    In 2008 a year after this killing SF were vociferously and unequivocally condemning this killing in the Dáil and elsewhere and those involved in it. As they did the Adrian Donohue killing and when given the chance helped to secure a conviction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Because all these vague unsubstantiated Sinn Fein Trumpy fake news allegations are so much worse than beating a boy to death.

What is most revealing is the Sinn Fein double think on all matters. "Crime " might not be really crime if it is "authorised" by Sinn Fein /IRA It might just be "understandable". It could even be "unauthorised" but still just a little bit wrong - but not a crime. A murder might not really be a murder, it might be an unauthorised "action" or it might be just regrettable. It might also be an "authorised" murder in which case it is OK and no-one is allowed seek justice or explanation - and of course even when a Garda killer is actually convicted he might really be innocent.

Twisting and wriggling to the bitter end. Sickening to read all the posts but above all very very revealing. Hope some of the eejits who voted Sinn Fein because of the "magic porridge pot" solution to housing are reading this thread

I'm speaking on the public records of FF/FG.
    Unlike your SF is riddled with murders 'trumpy fake news allegations'.

More this is how you see it and anyone who disagrees must be blah blah blah...
    I stand by my reasoning. FF/FG will cost the tax payer more billions on crony ineptitude than SF will plant bombs or dissappear Twink.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Bowie wrote: »

I stand by my reasoning. FF/FG will cost the tax payer more billions on crony ineptitude than SF will plant bombs or dissappear Twink.

So your argument is better murders than fraudsters ?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

What a disgusting attitude to have.

Would rather see citizens murdered.

Look at where you are now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The whole Sin Fein brigade on here really have sunk to a new low today. No wonder SF are telling you lot to stay off social media.

Absolute disgrace

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The whole Sin Fein brigade on here really have sunk to a new low today. No wonder SF are telling you lot to stay off social media.

Absolute disgrace

Do you think SF are going to plant bombs and disappear Twink?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Absolute disgrace

They’re, certainly, not “toeing” the party line, S.

Perhaps we’re dealing with a Provisional, or Continuity, Sinn Fein on here, b'fhéidir?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

They’re, certainly, not “toeing” the party line, S.

Perhaps were dealing with a Provisional, or Continuity, Sinn Fein on here, b'fhéidir?

Yes they will suddenly call themselves "The Real Sinn Fein".....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

onh81 wrote: »
    I think you should stick to your toilet thread it’s more your domain.

That’s a joke thread, dude. The actions of SF are anything but a joke. Not a laughing matter. The crepuscular activities of SF are very serious indeed. Men who planted bombs in shops and disappeared teenagers having the final say in the machinations of a political party is something we all should be seriously worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

charlie14 wrote: »
    That would undoubtedly give some small comfort to Mrs Quinn, but I would imagine the scum responsible for so viciously murdered her son being behind bars for a very long time would bring even more comfort to her and the rest of that community.

The fact that they are not shows the hold those vicious unprincipled bast**ds have over that community, where one wrong word can result in you being beaten to death.

All Mrs Quinn wanted from Conor Murphy is to say that her son wasn't a criminal.

Every other expression of regret that he has made has been rejected by her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

All Mrs Quinn wanted from Conor Murphy is to say that her son wasn't a criminal.

What did he say he actually regretted?

Tell us all what he said?

Feb 3rd 2020 and Mary Lou was still lying on TV.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

One of the regular Shinners here said the only witnesses to the beating to death of Paul Quinn were the 10 or so thugs who killed him so there was no point in asking them to give evidence.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Paul set up by the killers forcing friends of his to ring him to reassure him it was ok to meet them, at which he was taken and killed.
    Would any of those friends consider going to Gerry for permission to say what and who they knew was involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Tell us all what he said?

You know you can google it yourself! But anyway (from Irish Times).

“I [Conor Murphy] have consistently and unreservedly condemned the murder of Paul Quinn.“Those who murdered him are criminals and need to be brought to justice.
    “I repeat my call on anyone with any information on his murder to bring it to the Gardai or the PSNI.
    I very much regret comments I made in the aftermath of Paul’s murder which have added to the grief felt by the Quinn family.
    “I apologise for those remarks and I unreservedly withdraw them.
    “Once again I offer to meet the Quinn family at a time and place of their convenience.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-conor-murphy-apologises-for-paul-quinn-comments-1.4162494?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fsinn-f%25C3%25A9in-s-conor-murphy-apologises-for-paul-quinn-comments-1.4162494

You know you can google it yourself! But anyway (from Irish Times).

“I [Conor Murphy] have consistently and unreservedly condemned the murder of Paul Quinn.“Those who murdered him are criminals and need to be brought to justice.
    “I repeat my call on anyone with any information on his murder to bring it to the Gardai or the PSNI.
    I very much regret comments I made in the aftermath of Paul’s murder which have added to the grief felt by the Quinn family.
    “I apologise for those remarks and I unreservedly withdraw them.
    “Once again I offer to meet the Quinn family at a time and place of their convenience.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-conor-murphy-apologises-for-paul-quinn-comments-1.4162494?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fsinn-f%25C3%25A9in-s-conor-murphy-apologises-for-paul-quinn-comments-1.4162494

SO he didn't say "I was wrong and Paul Quinn was not a criminal"

But you are saying the PSNI shoud say that? how do you think that makes sense?

One of the regular Shinners here said the only witnesses to the beating to death of Paul Quinn were the 10 or so thugs who killed him so there was no point in asking them to give evidence.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t Paul set up by the killers forcing friends of his to ring him to reassure him it was ok to meet them, at which he was taken and killed.
    Would any of those friends consider going to Gerry for permission to say what and who they knew was involved?

You can guess what the answer would be.

What should happen is SF should go to these people and ask them to cooperate with the PSNI and Garda fully.

Would you think about what you are saying here.

Those people who were there have already told the police what happened. Unless the police were there how else would they know?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

This is just another indicator that SF are little more than a mafia type organization. If it's not that people have to ask for permission to speak to the Gardai, it goes all the way up to the political leaders are appointed as there is no competition or debate about who gets to lead the party.

Sure they'll vote to make Mary Lou and Michelle leaders North and south. But like the mafia, you don't have anyone else to choose otherwise.

It'll take decades for SF too shake off it's image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

maccored wrote: »
    lads, why are ye's bothering replying to the unionist minded posters? All they want is to talk you down, waffle on a bit and hear themselves pontificate. The last time I heard 'sinn fein IRA' being used as much was way back in the Trimble days. Anyone who has that little interest, in that everything is 'SF IRA' isnt worth bothering with. Pure lazy thinking.

SF/IRA is used contextually, to describe a time when they were intertwined and indistinguishable.

More recently, in an attempt to shine a turd, they have separated the two and operate through puppetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The Bobby Storey funeral is a perfect example of how SF and the IRA are still one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You can guess what the answer would be.

What should happen is SF should go to these people and ask them to cooperate with the PSNI and Garda fully.

You don't care about anyone involved here let's be fair.its just politics.

Absolute disgrace

Bit rich coming from the lad defending drink drivers and animal abusers.

smurgen wrote: »
    Bit rich coming from the lad defending drink drivers and animal abusers.

Are you actually serious?

You have now compared someone getting killed to a person who got pups from a dog with a vets approval

That’s your opinion of a persons life. Disgusting

Are you actually serious?

You have now compared someone getting killed to a person who got pups from a dog with a vets approval

That’s your opinion of a persons life. Disgusting

You compared them buddy. You seem to be constructing arguments in your own head. I was merely pointing out that you have poor poor judgement as evidenced by your unwaivering support for drink driving animal abuser Barry Cowan on this very site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

smurgen wrote: »
    You compared them buddy. You seem to be constructing arguments in your own head. I was merely pointing out that you have poor poor judgement as evidenced by your unwaivering support for drink driving animal abuser Barry Cowan on this very site.

Jesus christ am I reading this correctly. You are skating somebody for supporting Barry Cowan while on the other hand defending an organisation that literally murdered children ?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So your argument is better murders than fraudsters ?

Nope. It's very unlikely MLMD will be setting up snipers, but you could bet the farm FF/FG will continue to cost tax payers billions down to cronyism and ineptitude.
    Basically the shinner scaremongering is outweighed by the character and record of FF/FG...and sleepy Eamo.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    What a disgusting attitude to have.

Would rather see citizens murdered.

Look at where you are now?

That's a disgusting misrepresentation.

We know FF/FG will continue to cost the tax payer billions down to cronyism and ineptitude. I don't believe MLMD will be robbing banks. Mind FF/FG are okay with the banks robbing the tax payer.

Look at yourself(?). Am I doing it right?

• Advertisement

The Bobby Storey funeral is a perfect example of how SF and the IRA are still one and the same.

It was a bad move and they should have socially distanced.
    Mind it was no 80 people out golfing. Another minister of agriculture on the way out?

Advertisement