Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Bowie wrote: »
    That's a disgusting misrepresentation.

We know FF/FG will continue to cost the tax payer billions down to cronyism and ineptitude. I don't believe MLMD will be robbing banks. Mind FF/FG are okay with the banks robbing the tax payer.

Look at yourself(?). Am I doing it right?

Scrambling around posting rubbish just because AGAIN you let the mask slip along with another few....

No wonder SF told you lads to give it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Nope. It's very unlikely MLMD will be setting up snipers, but you could bet the farm FF/FG will continue to cost tax payers billions down to cronyism and ineptitude.
    Basically the shinner scaremongering is outweighed by the character and record of FF/FG...and sleepy Eamo.

So I was right . but in the future tense ,

your argument is now that murder in the past is better than fraud in the past because murderes are unlikely to go back to murder while fraudsters will always fraud ?

The Character and record of SF is inexcusable on a totally different level

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see the Shinnerbots are in full flow. Blaming the victim here. I remember when Austin Stack was in the media looking for justice for his father the boys on here said he was only looking for justice because he is a FF member. They also said that the only reason the media paid attention was to damage SF......

Maria Cahill the same. The only reason she came spoke out was to "damage SF", the only reason the media covered it was to "Damage SF". Even in this thread the usual dissident remarks are thrown about, even though that's completely irrelevant to the accusations she made.

The same when those people who left the party due to bullying the media only covered it to damage SF.....

The same thing with yawn yoke and her rent arrears in Clare.... The media only covered it to damage SF.....

Same with Paul Quinns mother.... The only reason the media cover her story is to damage SF....

Same when Marylou is asked a hard question by any member of the media that's not An Poblacht ..... Trying to damage SF......

The exact same with this story the media are out to get SF....

Always the victims never to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    SO he didn't say "I was wrong and Paul Quinn was not a criminal"

But you are saying the PSNI shoud say that? how do you think that makes sense?

TBH, I don't understand why the PSNI/Gardai don't do it. It would carry a lot more credibility coming from them.

Conor Murphy doesn't really know one way or the other. He was repeating what Bertie said in the Dail (and he got it from the Gardai, who got it from the PSNI).

Six people were arrested and questioned by the PSNI, so someone must have pointed the finger at those people. Why was there no attempt to prosecute anyone?

jm08 wrote: »
    TBH, I don't understand why the PSNI/Gardai don't do it. It would carry a lot more credibility coming from them.

Conor Murphy doesn't really know one way or the other. He was repeating what Bertie said in the Dail (and he got it from the Gardai, who got it from the PSNI).

Six people were arrested and questioned by the PSNI, so someone must have pointed the finger at those people. Why was there no attempt to prosecute anyone?

SO Conor Murphy didn't know? but he still made the statement to say he was a criminal and has never retracted that statement?

Yet you go off talking about the PSNI? sorry but it is baffling the level some people will sink to

• Advertisement

SO Conor Murphy didn't know? but he still made the statement to say he was a criminal and has never retracted that statement?

He was repeating what Bertie Ahern had said in the Dail. Bertie got his info from the Gardai/PSNI. Presumably Murphy got his info from the same source to make that comment.

Here is a timeline. 23 people were questioned, but no one charged.

https://www.thejournal.ie/paul-quinn-sinn-fein-conor-murphy-4994057-Feb2020/

Yet you go off talking about the PSNI? sorry but it is baffling the level some people will sink to

The PSNI are the only ones who have the knowledge to be able to claim that Paul Quinn was not involved in criminality.

It doesn't matter what any politician says as they don't actually know.

He was repeating what Bertie Ahern had said in the Dail. Bertie got his info from the Gardai/PSNI. Presumably Murphy got his info from the same source to make that comment.

Here is a timeline. 23 people were questioned, but no one charged.

https://www.thejournal.ie/paul-quinn-sinn-fein-conor-murphy-4994057-Feb2020/

The PSNI are the only ones who have the knowledge to be able to claim that Paul Quinn was not involved in criminality.

It doesn't matter what any politician says as they don't actually know.

What exactly does the timeline prove?

You really are digging a hole here for yourself and at this stage you will never get out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Tell us all what he said?

Feb 3rd 2020 and Mary Lou was still lying on TV.....
    It was a bad move and they should have socially distanced.
    Mind it was no 80 people out golfing. Another minister of agriculture on the way out?

Nope, wrong again. Nothing to do with social distancing. It was a bad move brcause in a functioning democracy political parties do not assemble a paramilitary goon army of thugs dressed as prrtendy "soldiers" to honour and glorify dead criminals.

It was a bad move and they should have socially distanced.
    Mind it was no 80 people out golfing. Another minister of agriculture on the way out?

Yes beause a golfing event has to do with a murder of a Garda :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I prefer my political news to come from reputable sources that employ journalists, as opposed to some toothless simpleton who drives a white van and thinks his worthless opinions are worthy of being transmitted to the world. The sort you find on Twitter in particular.

How's the paper of record looking tonight champ? This didn't age well lol.

• Advertisement

What exactly does the timeline prove?

You really are digging a hole here for yourself and at this stage you will never get out of it

Its a summary of whatever was said and when. Bertie didn't retract that there was criminalty involved, yet no one says anything about that.

I just don't understand why the PSNI will not make a statement that Paul Quinn wasn't a criminal if that is the case. Why isn't the British Gov. putting pressure on them to make a statement because it looks to me as if both the British and Irish Gov. could have put pressure on the PSNI to clear Paul Quinn's name.

Its a summary of whatever said and when. Bertie didn't retract that there was criminalty involved, yet no one says anything about that.

I just don't understand why the PSNI will not make a statement that Paul Quinn wasn't a criminal if that is the case. Why isn't the British Gov. putting pressure on them to make a statement because it looks to me as if both the British and Irish Gov. could have put pressure on the PSNI to clear Paul Quinn's name.

You don’t understand, the rest of the World does

So either you have it wrong or the rest of the World. I know who I’m going with

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

All Mrs Quinn wanted from Conor Murphy is to say that her son wasn't a criminal.

Every other expression of regret that he has made has been rejected by her.

Other than the fact that Breege Quinn has no interest in hearing anything from someone who took 13 years to withdraw his allegations about her son you are attempting to make it appear that was all she wanted from him.

"I would like Conor Murphy to stand down. But if he comes out, gets justice for Paul. and tells the Gardai and PSNI the names of the people he spoke to, and we see the people who murdered Paul up in court and in jail, then Conor Murphy will be entitled to stay in his position"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

charlie14 wrote: »
    Other than the fact that Breege Quinn has no interest in hearing anything from someone who took 13 years to withdraw his allegations about her son you are attempting to make it appear that was all she wanted from him.

"I would like Conor Murphy to stand down. But if he comes out, gets justice for Paul. and tells the Gardai and PSNI the names of the people he spoke to, and we see the people who murdered Paul up in court and in jail, then Conor Murphy will be entitled to stay in his position"

The PSNI know who he spoke to. For the PSNI to tell the IMC what they based there comments on then they would have to have known who the local exIRA members were.
    They couldn't have ruled it out as an IRA act otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

The PSNI know who he spoke to. For the PSNI to tell the IMC what they based there comments on then they would have to have known who the local exIRA members were.
    They couldn't have ruled it out as an IRA act otherwise.

I would be very surprised if the PSNI didn`t know who the local IRA members are, but did Conor Murphy tell them who he spoke to as Mrs Quinn asked, or did he step down which she also asked ?
    He should never had the option of stepping down. He should have been sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So I was right . but in the future tense ,

your argument is now that murder in the past is better than fraud in the past because murderes are unlikely to go back to murder while fraudsters will always fraud ?

The Character and record of SF is inexcusable on a totally different level

Hold my petrol bomb...
    Nope. Once again you are reading something into it that isn't there. My 'argument' hasn't changed.
    To repeat, I don't think there will be pipe bombs going off on a daily basis should SF get in. So that is not an issue for me as regards being in government. Got that much?

FF/FG will continue to cost the tax payer billions due to their incompetence and cronyism.
    We know this.

SF aren't even my idea of an ideal government but FF/FG are completely awful and have little regard for the working tax payer IMO.
    They are no longer the best of a bad lot which is all they ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    Nope, wrong again. Nothing to do with social distancing. It was a bad move brcause in a functioning democracy political parties do not assemble a paramilitary goon army of thugs dressed as prrtendy "soldiers" to honour and glorify dead criminals.

Remember Haugheys funeral?
    Hardly a golfing function..still..

Stay gold Pony boy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

It doesn't matter if the alternative is jabba the hut, I will never vote for an organisation that is controlled by a non democratic council, are we to believe that Mary Lou calls the shots? Where is the transparency?

What do people imagine would happen if they had a clear majority, a border poll followed by a nice inclusive agenda to make the unionist and the extreme uvf uda elements feel empowered and included in Ireland?

They will of course crack down on all the criminals who use the mask of Republicanism, they will never undermine the gardai I'm sure.

Ah sure forget that, they will magic up some social housing, reduce the cost of living and be totally respected by international global leaders, with their zero experience.

They will raise the corporate tax and tax on wealthy but those guys don't mind, they love Ireland too much to care about billions of euro.

I don't think so. Tit for tat violence ad infinitum no doubt.

charlie14 wrote: »
    I would be very surprised if the PSNI didn`t know who the local IRA members are, but did Conor Murphy tell them who he spoke to as Mrs Quinn asked, or did he step down which she also asked ?
    He should never had the option of stepping down. He should have been sacked.

I wouldn't argue with you on the sacking...he should have been.

Again, if I was to hold all party's to account on things like that I'd have nobody to vote for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Again, if I was to hold all party's to account on things like that I'd have nobody to vote for.

Dude, having a senior member of SF knowing the names of people who drove a spike through a young lads head isn’t in the same fricking universe as any other indiscretion you see fit to compare it to.

It’s really distasteful. It’s grim to be honest, dude. Maybe you shouldn’t vote.

So you think saying a person is a criminal to the media as if that makes it ok to murder him? Then lie for years about it

Al the time while assisting to hide the people who committed the murder is ok?

Earlier we had one of you trying to say a TD should be sacked for part owning a greyhound which had pups with a vets approval?

Seriously what is wrong with you lot? It is just baffling how messed up your logic is

So you think saying a person is a criminal to the media as if that makes it ok to murder him? Then lie for years about it

Al the time while assisting to hide the people who committed the murder is ok?

Earlier we had one of you trying to say a TD should be sacked for part owning a greyhound which had pups with a vets approval?

Seriously what is wrong with you lot? It is just baffling how messed up your logic is

Who is hiding people?
    The Gardai, The PSNI and the IMC know who killed Paul Quinn. The evidential strength of what they know is strong enough for them to say to governments that the IRA as an organization was not involved. It was a local dispute with no little connection to illegal activity.

Who is hiding people?
    The Gardai, The PSNI and the IMC know who killed Paul Quinn. The evidential strength of what they know is strong enough for them to say to governments that the IRA as an organization was not involved. It was a local dispute with no little connection to illegal activity.

Who said the PIRA was not involved?

If the PIRA was not involved then why was Sinn Fein including Gerry Adams jumping all over this?

The old horse has bolted, trying to say the PIRA was not involved at this stage is burying your head in sand again

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Who is hiding people?

If a Minister attended a golf function during the lockdown without telling anyone else and without getting permission from his party leader, would you absolve his political party from blame? We know from your posts elsewhere that you don't.

So if a unit of the IRA horrifically beats someone to death with crowbars, the organisation is excused because the leadership didn't know and didn't order it.

Once again, there is no level of hypocrisy that you won't seek to defend Sinn Fein and the IRA.

Who said the PIRA was not involved?

If the PIRA was not involved then why was Sinn Fein including Gerry Adams jumping all over this?

The old horse has bolted, trying to say the PIRA was not involved at this stage is burying your head in sand again

Our government, and the IMC have stated that the IRA were not involved....here is how clear the IMC were about that:
    3 In Section 3 above we do not attribute the killing to PIRA . This is for several reasons: the local and personal nature of its roots; the absence of indications either of organisational sanction or that it was in the interests of PIRA; and because it was contrary to the declared policy which PIRA has been following for over two years. We are reinforced in this view by the subsequent public remarks to which we refer above. The fact that some local members or former members or associates of the organisation were involved in the incident does not in our view justify attributing it to PIRA. In reaching this conclusion we are applying the standards we have consistently followed in respect of all kinds of paramilitary incidents, and to which we have referred in the past .

4.4 We recognise that the involvement of local members or former members or associates of the organisation in the way we have described is bound to raise questions about the level of control exercised by the leadership of PIRA. The PIRA leadership has had some difficulties in the past in exercising authority in South Armagh. Looking more widely in Ireland North and South we do not find evidence to suggest that this recent rejection of instructions is a general problem.

Our government, and the IMC have stated that the IRA were not involved....here is how clear the IMC were about that:

You could completely rephrase that excuse and use it to excuse Dara Calleary attending the golf function. It just doesn't wash to a normal observer. Here is the report of the IMC on the golf function:

"In Section 3 above we do not attribute the killing attendance at the golf functionto PIRA FF. This is for several reasons: the local and personal nature of its roots; the absence of indications either of organisational sanction or that it was in the interests of PIRA FF; and because it was contrary to the declared policy which PIRA FF has been following for over two years since the election. We are reinforced in this view by the subsequent public remarks to which we refer above. The fact that some local members or former members or associates of the organisation were involved in the incident does not in our view justify attributing it to PIRA FF. In reaching this conclusion we are applying the standards we have consistently followed in respect of all kinds of paramilitary breach of lockdown incidents, and to which we have referred in the past .

4.4 We recognise that the involvement of local members or former members or associates of the organisation in the way we have described is bound to raise questions about the level of control exercised by the leadership of PIRA FF. The PIRA FF leadership has had some difficulties in the past in exercising authority in South Armagh Connacht - see O'Cuiv for examples. Looking more widely in Ireland North and South we do not find evidence to suggest that this recent rejection of instructions is a general problem (we are conscious that Michelle O'Neill acted differently)."

You see Francie, when you look closely, all the IMC did was offer excuses for the IRA involvement, and tried to excuse it, justify it, and it was probably the lowest point of the IMC's work, an organisation which I don't fully trust. The IRA were involved and should take responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shinnerbots online: There are no “shadowy figures” running the show behind the scenes.

Sinn Fein: There is no IRA and they, certainly, don’t control anything to do with the “party”

Máirtín Ó Muilleoir MLA: Meets with, “former” senior IRA member, Ted Howell seeking approval on decisions to be made within government.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, is it?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Lots of attempts to divert to the current governments predicament and rolling maul of resignation.
    There are threads were I have been quite happy to discuss.

Travelling atm.

• Advertisement

Lots of attempts to divert to the current governments predicament and rolling maul of resignation.
    There are threads were I have been quite happy to discuss.

Travelling atm.

Not sure what you are trying to say, other than avoiding an answer when your posts have been shot down.

Disclaimer: Sorry for the inappropriate analogy about shooting in a thread about Sinn Fein who have no link whatsoever to shooting of any kind

Advertisement