Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    So, let me clarify this, you are saying that any former IRA members now in Sinn Fein have declared their former membership of the IRA to all and sundry. Any other alternative implies something shadowy.

Pretending that there isn't something shadowy about IRA connections in Sinn Fein is just silly nonsense.

The IRA is a proscribed organisation which places a lot of restrictions on members or former members.

Unproscribe it and there won't be a need for any ''shadowy figures''. By the way, Newton Emerson thinks that the IRA (and some other loyalist groups who have renounced terrorism) should be unproscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jm08 wrote: »
    The IRA is a proscribed organisation which places a lot of restrictions on members or former members.

Unproscribe it and there won't be a need for any ''shadowy figures''. By the way, Newton Emerson thinks that the IRA (and some other loyalist groups who have renounced terrorism) should be unproscribed.

Fully accept this, and that Sinn Fein is therefore full of shadowy figures. My surprise is there are people naive enough to believe that Sinn Fein doesn't have shadowy figures.

Bowie wrote: »
    They aren't shadowy but former IRA members are in SF. This isn't hidden. Saying 'shadowy' implies it is but is not the reality. To quote Leonard Cohen, 'Evefybody knows'.
    Sadly for the civil war status quo condidering its all they have to try deflect from the crony ineptitude we see on a daily basis from FF/FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Your inability here is your own.

Now, it seems to me that your position is that you can’t decide.

You are going from claiming that there was IRA involvement to claiming that there wasn’t IRA involvement.
    To me it seems that you are incapable of deciding.

Yes, well that is were you, those dogs and I differ.

I need more than an allegation before calling the hangman, you invariably don't with SF. You believe Gerry was in the IRA, ordered murders etc on foot of allegations. You believe that a man raped a woman on foot of an allegation etc.

Whenever you have the evidence to refute what the IMC said and not just a feeling in your water get back to me.

And on that note I will also opt out of this as we are going around in circles. If something new comes up - happy to respond.

Yes, I believe that Gerry was in the IRA.

Yes, I believe that the IRA were deeply involved in the horrific murder of Paul Quinn.

Yes, I believe that Mairia Cahill was raped by a senior IRA figure.

Yes, I believe that Gerry ordered murders and disappearances.

The preponderance of evidence leads me to accept all of that. Sure, I can't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, but I do believe it on the preponderance of evidence, which is sufficient for a civil court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I wonder who replaced Bobby Storey on the Army Council? Has it ever had a female member?????

You’d also hope it has at least a few ‘Free Staters’ on it. Not cool that a load of Ballymurphy Butchers are dictating the strategy of the largest opposition party in the Republic. A sobering thought I’m sure everyone can agree.

Female? they are just for raping, doesn't matter what age.....thats the PIRA way

If they get caught, don't worry Sinn Fein will make it go away

• Advertisement

Fully accept this, and that Sinn Fein is therefore full of shadowy figures. My surprise is there are people naive enough to believe that Sinn Fein doesn't have shadowy figures.

They are not shadowy though. Ted Howell who is regarded as a ''shadowy figure'' was part of Sinn Fein's GFA negotiating team.

How can he be considered 'shadowy'' since he is probably known to everyone. If he was a member of FF/FG he would probably have an office beside Leo's or Michael Martin and paid 250K a year as a ''special advisor''.

From what I recall, Jim Allister sponsored a bill in the Stormont Assembly which prevented any former members of proscribed organisations from being employed by Executive Members.

Thats what drives these people into the shadows. Its suits FF/FG and the media to vilify them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Jaysus. :)

The organisation were not involved.

My local FG councillor glassed a guy in the face, a FG member was involved but FG weren't.
    Another one was nvolved in extorting money for planning favours - a FG member was involved but FG weren't.

Can I or the IMC be any fecking clearer about this?

If you or anyone else has evidence to the contrary, then present it.

when sean conlon glassed that fella was there a proper investigation , did witnesses come forward and make statements , was there a trial and was he held accountable for his actions ?

Robert McCarthy was beaten to death in a room full of people , and SF IRA killed the investigation. See the difference ?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Female? they are just for raping, doesn't matter what age.....thats the PIRA way

If they get caught, don't worry Sinn Fein will make it go away

As much as I hate PIRA and its ilk, thats a silly comment. Many women were active members of PIRA. The 'honeypot' was a pretty famous tactic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

As much as I hate PIRA and its ilk, thats a silly comment. Many women were active members of PIRA. The 'honeypot' was a pretty famous tactic

Think Sheffys view of women is slipping through

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jaysus if there was an election now it would be interesting

• Advertisement

Jaysus if there was an election now it would be interesting

Not really, it would end up more or less the exact same as the last one

FF would go down and FG would go up....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not really, it would end up more or less the exact same as the last one

FF would go down and FG would go up....

Like your Ma last night

Edgware wrote: »
    Like your Ma last night

If you say so......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So, let me clarify this, you are saying that any former IRA members now in Sinn Fein have declared their former membership of the IRA to all and sundry. Any other alternative implies something shadowy.

Pretending that there isn't something shadowy about IRA connections in Sinn Fein is just silly nonsense.

Once again, why don't you just write your own comments instead of rewriting mine?
    I'm saying SF have ex-IRA in its membership and thats its common knowledge.

Shadowy if you think its a secret, sure.
    Call Julian, Dick and Anna, George and Timmy the dog to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Often wondered about what kind of girl would entice some young soldier to his death. What became of them? Did they have children themselves? What goes through their head as they watch their sons all excited for their first date? Or do they glory in the success of the killing, perhaps lining the streets in their shabby uniorm for Bobby Storeys funeral.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Truthvader wrote: »
    Often wondered about what kind of girl would entice some young soldier to his death. What became of them? Did they have children themselves? What goes through their head as they watch their sons all excited for their first date? Or do they glory in the success of the killing, perhaps lining the streets in their shabby uniorm for Bobby Storeys funeral.

Often wondered what kind of young man it takes to become a squaddie and shoot innocent people to death - we can all wonder truthvader

maccored wrote: »
    Often wondered what kind of young man it takes to become a squaddie and shoot innocent people to death - we can all wonder truthvader

We can indeed. The answer to ypur question is more obvious and "normal" Damaged and sociopathic teenagers from the poorest and most disadvantaged areas of England. I assume the kind of girl who would seduce a young soldier equally came from the poorest and most disadvantaged area of Derry. Not every squaddie was sociopathic and not every girl from Derry devoted to murder but (maybe I am too old) it seems particularly sick and unatural for a girl to betray someone in such a cruel and depraved way. The sociopathic young men seem to live happlily with themselves but I cant imagine how any girl could live happoly having murdered someone in such an unatural trap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

We can indeed. The answer to ypur question is more obvious and "normal" Damaged and sociopathic teenagers from the poorest and most disadvantaged areas of England. I assume the kind of girl who would seduce a young soldier equally came from the poorest and most disadvantaged area of Derry. Not every squaddie was sociopathic and not every girl from Derry devoted to murder but (maybe I am too old) it seems particularly sick and unatural for a girl to betray someone in such a cruel and depraved way. The sociopathic young men seem to live happlily with themselves but I cant imagine how any girl could live happoly having murdered someone in such an unatural trap

every soldier in the british army who has shot anyone is 'Damaged and sociopathic teenagers from the poorest and most disadvantaged areas of England'?

Not a great answer tbh. People of all ages, sexes and social standings kill people. Doesnt matter if they are being paid by a government or not . Anyone in involved in conflict who has killed someone surely has issues 'live happoly having murdered someone in such an unatural trap'. Not too sure why you are focused on just women in the ira

every soldier in the british army who has shot anyone is 'Damaged and sociopathic teenagers from the poorest and most disadvantaged areas of England'?

Not a great answer tbh. People of all ages, sexes and social standings kill people. Doesnt matter if they are being paid by a government or not . Anyone in involved in conflict who has killed someone surely has issues 'live happoly having murdered someone in such an unatural trap'. Not too sure why you are focused on just women in the ira

Firstly not every soldier who kills someone is damaged and sociopathic. Only where killings amount to murder. Though it does seem that many soldiers suffer afterwards even after justifiable or self defence killings. Whatever you think about that it is 1000 miles away from tricking an innocent young eejit of a soldier who not only poses no threat to you but has demonstrated affection and attraction to you. As stated maybe I am too old but it seems particularly calculating sick and depraved for a women to do such a thing

Firstly not every soldier who kills someone is damaged and sociopathic. Only where killings amount to murder. Though it does seem that many soldiers suffer afterwards even after justifiable or self defence killings. Whatever you think about that it is 1000 miles away from tricking an innocent young eejit of a soldier who not only poses no threat to you but has demonstrated affection and attraction to you. As stated maybe I am too old but it seems particularly calculating sick and depraved for a women to do such a thing

Resistance movements all through history have done the same. The British used female spies. You're not too old, just mighty naive.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Once again, why don't you just write your own comments instead of rewriting mine?
    I'm saying SF have ex-IRA in its membership and thats its common knowledge.

Shadowy if you think its a secret, sure.
    Call Julian, Dick and Anna, George and Timmy the dog to investigate.

And having terrorists or criminal thugs in the membership of any political party makes them shadowy. Yet you deny that there is anything shadowy about SF.

You are trying to have it both ways as usual, and when your posts are logically dissected to expose the contradictions and incoherence, you cry foul and hurl personal insults or silly childish jibes such as the Famous Five one above.

And having terrorists or criminal thugs in the membership of any political party makes them shadowy. Yet you deny that there is anything shadowy about SF.

You are trying to have it both ways as usual, and when your posts are logically dissected to expose the contradictions and incoherence, you cry foul and hurl personal insults or silly childish jibes such as the Famous Five one above.

Supporting the blueshirts and other modern alt-right organisations is not okay regardless of your views on housing policy.

More yarn, you'll have a jumper soon. The claim was SF had shadowy figures who were IRA. I said it was common knowledge they had former IRA but you knew that.

Why don't you quote me and show examples? I'd be happy to address your concerns, too bad you're making it up.
    I should have said Nancy Drew.

Most people who joined the IRA had been at the receiving end of some injustice. For example, Bobby Storey's family were burnt out of 3 homes before the age of 14. He joined the PIRA at 16. Then, if your little brother or sister was shot dead and no one in authority cares. All hope is taken away (failure of Civil Rights, Sunningdale, Anglo-Irish). People (men and women are desparate).

PS - you come across as a bit of a misogynist. There are women in the army you know and they carry guns.

So all the War of Independent veterans and Civil War survivors should have had nothing to do with Government at the foundation of the State.

What the world would have missed if Sean MacBride (a former Chief of Staff of the IRA) hadn't come into the political process. Do you think Frank Aiken should have been appointed a Government Minister bearing in mind that he was involved in sectarian killings?

jm08 wrote: »
    So all the War of Independent veterans and Civil War survivors should have had nothing to do with Government at the foundation of the State.

What the world would have missed if Sean MacBride (a former Chief of Staff of the IRA) hadn't come into the political process. Do you think Frank Aiken should have been appointed a Government Minister bearing in mind that he was involved in sectarian killings?

your getting a bit wound up jm aren't you ?

also quit trying to link the current SF IRA scumbags to the war of independence and the civil war ,

the shinnerbots here have already tried and failed at that miserably a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onh81

mynamejeff wrote: »

also quit trying to link the current SF IRA scumbags to the war of independence and the civil war ,

the shinnerbots here have already tried and failed at that miserably a few times
    Incidentally, when is the cut off date for ambushing British soldiers? I understand in west cork circa 1920 it’s acceptable and remembered fondly but in 1980 south Armagh its terrorism.

onh81 wrote: »
    Incidentally, when is the cut off date for ambushing British soldiers? I understand in west cork circa 1920 it’s acceptable and remembered fondly but in 1980 south Armagh its terrorism.

its 2020 now .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

In a lot of cases it was a choice of Army or prison,

Why should I quit saying that Fine Gael or Fianna Fail were somehow better in the civil war. In fact, Fine Gael were much worse than the British in Northern Ireland, executing their former comrades the way they did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onh81

its 2020 now .
    Great answer

Advertisement