Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭batman75

Am I right in thinking Mary Lou was anointed leader of SF by Gerry and Martin or was she democratically voted in?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

batman75 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking Mary Lou was anointed leader of SF by Gerry and Martin or was she democratically voted in?
    Aren't most, if not all, of the high profile SF elections unopposed?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    Why are you following me around boards Bowie?

My question was to EOTR. The PIRA and SF clearly engaged in sectarian actions.
    Nice whataboutery though.

He has got on your tail for a while, instead of mine. Good luck with that.

Expect him to think every post you make is about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

batman75 wrote: »

Don't need to vote for glove puppets

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »

Just because its an open forum, doesn't mean one gets to stalk other posters.

Again, my question was to EOTR, not you.

There is an incredible self important arrogance about posts like these. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You wouldn’t want to get on the wrong side of Dessie Ellis. Heard he has an ‘explosive’ personality.

He is certainly a ticking time bomb alright

its almost like some one is telling these shinnerbots what to post and where isn't it …..

might be time for a few new profiles or name changes again . its usually more regular with these fellows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

just note ye two are moving from topic to the personal because neither will answer a straight question.
    What do you think of the golf piss up and those who attended?

mynamejeff wrote: »
    its almost like some one is telling these shinnerbots what to post and where isn't it …..

might be time for a few new profiles or name changes again . its usually more regular with these fellows

I changed my name kept the account. All my post history is there. Some chose to close accounts and open new ones, which is their business, right?

Must be worried about Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    just note ye two are moving from topic to the personal because neither will answer a straight question.

I'll post to you just this once and don't expect a reply but... there is already a thread on the events of the Clifden Hotel in another thread.

Indeed there is 3 other threads dealing with it and here you are wanting to discuss it here as well.
    The 'why you are doing this' and your motivation on doing this is clear to most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Do you see 'former' there in big letters?

All party's have issues with members going rogue like this. Please let's not bore everyone again linking to them.

Like Chris Andrews?

Get booted out of a party for abuse from anonymous online accounts - gets recruited into SF and pushed for public office.

I changed my name kept the account. All my post history is there. Some chose to close accounts and open new ones, which is their business, right?

Must be worried about Phil.

What does phil Hogan have to do with a thread about SF intimidation and corruption ?

im sure there are a few threads about that already ,

also don't worry its easy enough to spot re reg profiles and lads with new names they all have the same agenda and posting style , strange that :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think it has zero to do with associates of Sinn Féin members being involved with a gang of murdering chunts if that is what you are asking?

I can guarantee you the Oireachtas Golf society has nothing to do with the RA either.

What does phil Hogan have to do with a thread about SF intimidation and corruption ?

im sure there are a few threads about that already ,

also don't worry its easy enough to spot re reg profiles and lads with new names they all have the same agenda and posting style , strange that :pac::pac::pac:

Same as you talking about me.

So they stay true to their opinions and don't have different personas to try pretend? Good lads.
    Again, I know you blueshirts don't do reality and facts but as I said my post history is there. You might be thinking of your fellow travelers ;)

Same as you talking about me.

So they stay true to their opinions and don't have different personas to try pretend? Good lads.
    Again, I know you blueshirts don't do reality and facts but as I said my post history is there. You might be thinking of your fellow travelers ;)

I suppose they could be being "well informed ".

Why are you labelling me a blueshirt . I ve never voted FG or FF ?

although if FG are blueshirts then are shinners black shirts ? or white shirts and black berets ?
    Also Im not a traveller , I only have one profile and don't feel the need ot change my name

again your dragging away from the thread why ?

blackwhite wrote: »
    Like Chris Andrews?

Get booted out of a party for abuse from anonymous online accounts - gets recruited into SF and pushed for public office.

As I said plenty of examples of rogue members redeeming themselves and continuing their careers after this kind of behaviour. Here is one from FG.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0127/1111318-expelled-member-reinstated/

I would say they have to be treated on a scale and seriousness of the offense basis, just like the Covid breaches of guidelines and breaking of rules debate. Political rivalry and infighting would be less serious than abuse of women for instance.

But that does not for a second condone any of it...it is wrong.

As I said plenty of examples of rogue members redeeming themselves and continuing their careers after this kind of behaviour. Here is one from FG.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0127/1111318-expelled-member-reinstated/

I would say they have to be treated on a scale and seriousness of the offense basis, just like the Covid breaches of guidelines and breaking of rules debate. Political rivalry and infighting would be less serious than abuse of women for instance.

But that does not for a second condone any of it...it is wrong.

Was Jude Perry sending abuse online via anonymous accounts? That's quite the accusation to be implying

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I think it has zero to do with associates of Sinn Féin members being involved with a gang of murdering chunts if that is what you are asking?

I can guarantee you the Oireachtas Golf society has nothing to do with the RA either.

I was specifically asking who I quoted. They will not be drawn on it in any thread, even though they'll raise the Storey funeral, (not the Horkan) in non SF threads.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Don't need to vote for glove puppets

Bit harsh on Coveney. I'm sure both himself and the FG membership thought it was a legitimate vote for party leader.

I suppose they could be being "well informed ".

Why are you labelling me a blueshirt . I ve never voted FG or FF ?

although if FG are blueshirts then are shinners black shirts ? or white shirts and black berets ?
    Also Im not a traveller , I only have one profile and don't feel the need ot change my name

again your dragging away from the thread why ?

Same reason you are labeling me a shinnerbot?
    I have voted SF and intend to do so again, that said I've voted FG too.

You equated changing name or account with Leo Varadkar/FG style use of anonymity for posting spin. My history stands as do my views. Unlike some I won't Godge dodge direct questions.

• Advertisement

Was Jude Perry sending abuse online via anonymous accounts? That's quite the accusation to be implying

Apologies, in my haste I posted the wrong link. This guys suspension was later revoked by the party.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/varadkar-says-tweets-by-barry-walsh-are-unacceptable-1.3294277

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fg-man-wins-appeal-on-suspension-over-tweets-about-women-37794913.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

yes it was debunked and yes it is a lie

I restate , same lie different threads

you are of course incorrect.

We know Vardkar had a spin unit. We know he suggested setting up anonymous social media accounts. We know FG spent more than any other party on Social Media in the election but people criticising the zombie gombeen FF/FG government must be shinners and must be bots.... rolleyes.png

that's it basically, they know they have been got by the balls so are deflecting by dragging up any old thing in relation to sf to try and have a go at them when really there is nothing to have a go at in relation to sf, but plenty to have a go at in relation to ff and fg.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Of course you did - it definitely wasn't a case of reading the headline and posting away because you thought it was something else ;)

Anyone who engages in that stuff should be booted from their party - not pushed for higher position. From what I can see, there's been no trace of Walsh since FG internally caught him in the act.

Sounds comparable to SF pushing Holohan for Mayor of SDCC alright - or welcoming in Chris Andrews to stand first for DCC, and then for a TD seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Just because its an open forum, doesn't mean one gets to stalk other posters.

Again, my question was to EOTR, not you.

he is not stalking you, simply posting on the same threads you happen to be posting on in relation to sf.
    from everything i have read on the subject, it was not IRA policy to commit sectarian acts, some members certainly did so but they were not sanctioned by the IRA.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Of course you did - it definitely wasn't a case of reading the headline and posting away because you thought it was something else ;)

Anyone who engages in that stuff should be booted from their party - not pushed for higher position. From what I can see, there's been no trace of Walsh since FG internally caught him in the act.

Sounds comparable to SF pushing Holohan for Mayor of SDCC alright - or welcoming in Chris Andrews to stand first for DCC, and then for a TD seat.

I've said all parties have issues with this stuff...you were posting as if SF were the only ones.

glad you've seen the light and agree with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

he is not stalking you, simply posting on the same threads you happen to be posting on in relation to sf.
    from everything i have read on the subject, it was not IRA policy to commit sectarian acts, some members certainly did so but they were not sanctioned by the IRA.

Like it was not IRA policy to blow up toddlers and kill women, but **** happens... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: markodaly, blanch152, mynamejeff, Bowie - whatever personal gripes you have with each other, they end here - it's fouling up every thread. Either learn to actually debate with each other, put each other on ignore, or end up threadbanned - your call from here on in. This goes for the forum as a whole, and there will be no other warnings on this.

I've said all parties have issues with this stuff...you were posting as if SF were the only ones.

glad you've seen the light and agree with me.

And most normal parties punish those responsible - whilst the party/cult that this thread is about will nominate the perpetrators for high office.

In the example you’ve posted - Walsh was booted from his role on the party exec.

Whilst in SF we’ve examples where they nominate Holohan for mayor of SDCC and Andrews first as a councillor, and then as a TD.

The different reactions tell a lot about the culture within the different parties.

And most normal parties punish those responsible - whilst the party/cult that this thread is about will nominate the perpetrators for high office.

In the example you’ve posted - Walsh was booted from his role on the party exec.

Whilst in SF we’ve examples where they nominate Holohan for mayor of SDCC and Andrews first as a councillor, and then as a TD.

The different reactions tell a lot about the culture within the different parties.

I think those who nominated Holohan were sanctioned.

Andrews engaged in inter party political sniping from what I can see. Crime of the century...not sure...would need more detail.

There are more than one example of other parties ignoring bullying and sexism. It is an issue for ALL parties to get right.

I agree that none of them have.

• Advertisement

you are of course incorrect.

afraid not ,I am of course correct

look it up if you like

Advertisement