Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onh81

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Nothing revisionist about facts pal. As i said I would have more respect for IRA supporters if they put their hands up and admitted complicity in civilian murders. Deflecting it with figures and blaming the Brits or Loyalists doesn't wash either. At least take responsibility for the shight that went on, whataboutery won't do it for me, or your victims and their families. Bad shight went down during the troubles, but have the decency to admit it for starters. 508 too many is 508 too many, regardless.
    Facts? Who carried out Omagh? The provos was it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

onh81 wrote: »

I don't care if it was the Real INLA pal, don't get cute.

If you’re going to blame the IRA on Omagh you may as well go full Loyalist and blame the entirety of the troubles on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sorry, but you didn't let Dara Calleary off with an apology, once again, different standards for Sinn Fein.

I never said anything about what Dara should do.

He realised quickly how much do da he was in and jumped.

If you’re going to blame the IRA on Omagh you may as well go full Loyalist and blame the entirety of the troubles on them.

I asked you not to get cute. At least have some respect for the people of Omagh before you use them for some shítty argument you are going to come up with.

Somebody somewhere knew how to build a 500lb bomb and park it on a street.

Blaming it on dissidents won't wash here either pal, somebody somewhere thought them how to build such a car bomb and set up detonators and how to ring the peelers etc. don't get cute with blaming it on dissidents. The same chunts were well known to the provos who didn't ship them either. Don't go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

I asked you not to get cute. At least have some respect for the people of Omagh before you use them for some shítty argument you are going to come up with.

Blaming it on dissidents won't wash here either pal, somebody somewhere thought them how to build such a car bomb and set up detonators and how to ring the peelers etc. don't get cute with blaming it on dissidents. The same chunts were well known to the provos who didn't ship them either. Don't go there.

No difference between the dissidents and Sinn Fein/IRA IMO. Sinn Fein/IRA bombed, mutilated and murdered until they got what they wanted. The dissidents are doing exactly the same

Truthvader wrote: »
    Same numb nut Sinn Fein IRA tactic of pretending "everyone" has questions to answer. Some may have but the overwhelming source of murder and misery was Sinn Sein IRA. Plus dont accept for a second that they or their supporters here regret any of it. Dishonestly bleating that the violence was wrong but at the same time voting for and promoting the thug scum and their proxies who perpetrated it . Corrupted Gangland animals and retards.
    Unrepentant Republican here. I’m not a pacifist either as so many on here seemingly are, so I’m definitely in the minority on this thread. Do I think violence was wrong? Not necessarily. Do I condemn IRA violence? Yes and no. Some of it was needless, some of it was cruel, some of it was blatantly sectarian. Some of it was also excellently executed military operations.

I suppose to have such a blasé attitude you have to experience first-hand rather than just read in the Irish Times like so many on here. You can tell straight away the posters who know what it’s like to live in the conditions that allowed such a conflict to rage on and then those who simply look at everything in black and white and get their info from the Irish Times and RTÉ.

Did the IRA cause the most misery? Well, no, for me growing up, it wasn’t the IRA I feared. Yes there was always the possibility of bombings but the real fear was Loyalists who unceremoniously murdered civilians for fun. They even handed out awards for the best shooters (see Topgun McKeag). Statistically, those who suffered most during the Troubles were Catholic civilians. That isn’t propaganda, that’s fact.

I have to say though gangland animals and retards, that’s a new one. Hats off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

former provos
    provo equipment and weapons
    provo training
    provo idealism
    provo tactics

I know a few people from Omagh who would happily discuss it in less polite terms too

Right well I’ll just use your excellent, well thought-out logic and apportion blame to the British; who clearly knew something big was happening with all those informers they had at the top of the IRA hierarchy yet did nothing to stop it.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    former provos
    So not the provos then!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Unrepentant Republican here. I’m not a pacifist either as so many on here seemingly are, so I’m definitely in the minority on this thread. Do I think violence was wrong? Not necessarily. Do I condemn IRA violence? Yes and no. Some of it was needless, some of it was cruel, some of it was blatantly sectarian. Some of it was also excellently executed military operations.

I suppose to have such a blasé attitude you have to experience first-hand rather than just read in the Irish Times like so many on here. You can tell straight away the posters who know what it’s like to live in the conditions that allowed such a conflict to rage on and then those who simply look at everything in black and white and get their info from the Irish Times and RTÉ.

Did the IRA cause the most misery? Well, no, for me growing up, it wasn’t the IRA I feared. Yes there was always the possibility of bombings but the real fear was Loyalists who unceremoniously murdered civilians for fun. They even handed out awards for the best shooters (see Topgun McKeag). Statistically, those who suffered most during the Troubles were Catholic civilians. That isn’t propaganda, that’s fact.

I have to say though gangland animals and retards, that’s a new one. Hats off.

So as a committed and unrepentant republican how do you feel about the topic of this thread ?

the intimidation by SF IRA of witness's to murders and other crimes .

is that justified and right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

:D:D:D You want to discuss SF without mention of the above?

Yes, we all know Genghis Khan and SF/PIRA are inextricably linked. Joined at the hip they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What are you are doing?

markodaly wrote: »
    Yes, we all know Genghis Khan and SF/PIRA are inextricably linked. Joined at the hip they were.

its not debate to say IRA killed people and not explain why. Its not debate to make statements and not allow mention of who they were fighting. We could start a thread on any army and just list who they killed. Thats not a debate.
    Two sides or more in a conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

as someone from omagh, yes have a bit of respect and at least know who bombed the place.

Bowie wrote: »
    its not debate to say IRA killed people and not explain why.

Oh, we all know why. It was for a United Ireland and to kick the British out of Ireland once and for all.

This is all in the public record.. but the IRA failed on that goal so they talk endlessly about 'civil rights'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Ex Taoiseach and Tánaiste didn't care either apparently, sure didn't they plop one of those dissidents into the Seanad?

Dig up.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So as a committed and unrepentant republican how do you feel about the topic of this thread ?

the intimidation by SF IRA of witness's to murders and other crimes .

is that justified and right ?
    I feel the topic by the op (Aaron Brady) has no real relevance and was set up as just another Shinner bashing thread

Oh, we all know why. It was for a United Ireland and to kick the British out of Ireland once and for all.

This is all in the public record.. but the IRA failed on that goal so they talk endlessly about 'civil rights'.

They went political and currently top FG. I think that's a great achievement.
    The north has more equality because of both SF and the IRA IMO.
    Then of course we've the GFA every party was tripping over themselves to get in on the photos. Now FG had their arse handed to them in the election the GFA is to be jeered and dismissed by those hurting.

You seem to have no respect for compromise and negociated agreement unless the outcome suits your bias or agenda.

The most hypicritical position of all and good to nobody but your selfish interests.

• Advertisement

You seem to have no respect for compromise and negociated agreement unless the outcome suits your bias or agenda.

The most hypicritical position of all and good to nobody but your selfish interests.

Oh, this is just comedy gold!
    You are calling me out in having no respect for compromise, when you posted this last night?
    Gloss over the facts and jump up onto the high moral ground why don't you?

Who was the Anglo Irish Treaty a reasonable compromise for? Are you making decisions for people?

Convenient and politically expedient should not be confused with 'reasonable'. And it doesn't excuse them from ignoring what happened.

Even the Church Of Ireland knew what partition would do and they said it.

If we had you in charge Francie, we would still be fighting the war of independence! :D:D

they were talking about civil rights in the 60s. lots of people. thats because catholics didnt have any. do keep up.

maccored wrote: »
    they were talking about civil rights in the 60s. lots of people. thats because catholics didnt have any. do keep up.

I am well aware of that but I am also well aware that people like John Hume and the SDLP were fighting for those rights and were hampered by SF/PIRA wanting to play soldier in the hope someone would write a rebel song about them.

The biggest obstacle to peace and civil rights for nationalists in the north were SF/IRA.

I feel the topic by the op (Aaron Brady) has no real relevance and was set up as just another Shinner bashing thread

Being a former IRA member you sound like you are well accustomed to a a bit of bashing. The old dog for the hard road.

I have to laugh at a former member raising issues like dissidents to deflect ownership of butchery and murder. Very rabbit in a hat tricks.

Plenty of your comrades read the Irish Times and watch RTE, its' called media.

There is a big difference between Roman Catholic civil rights and butchering pensioners playing flutes on a Sunday morning, a big one.

I am well aware of that but I am also well aware that people like John Hume and the SDLP were fighting for those rights and were hampered by SF/PIRA wanting to play soldier in the hope someone would write a rebel song about them.

The biggest obstacle to peace and civil rights for nationalists in the north were SF/IRA.

SF and the IRA didnt exist when the real obstacle - the unionist government - began their terrorising of catholics. jaysus - you even need that explained to you by the looks of it.

People fighting for freedom and equality can be a fly in the ointment of peace alright.
    Israel will have peace when they destroy the Palestinians.
    Do you think the civil rights movement would have gotten anywhere on it's own? They likely would have been burnt out and murdered before anyone got to hear about them. Speaking of far flung history, you know what the BA did in india right?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ex Taoiseach and Tánaiste didn't care either apparently, sure didn't they plop one of those dissidents into the Seanad?

Dig up.

Ah yes, kind of handy to cast aspersions on former members who put it up to the army council and their Kangaroo Court. Especially since she is member of the SDLP now?

Poor women can't even publish her home address for fear of reprisals from former IRA members, sure you may as well accuse her of being a dissident while you are at it. Not to mention blaming Taoisígh agus Tánaiste as a smear tool. One thing is for certain, Sinn Féin are comfortable with smear campaigns, they got form

Poor women can't even publish her home address for fear of reprisals from former IRA members,

You really swallow that one? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't know why you are all getting dragged into this debate on who did what, we've been talking like this since we were primary school children. It's a dissidents dream. What they did to us but Jesus what we did to them. They can only see one way, they love it, gets their blood racing but you will never get the truth.

Here, in the republic of ireland, there are plenty of people who do not want people with that attitude in government, it's a simple as that. Our primary goal is peace and security, so that we can have children and get fat, we don't care about your ancient gripes and when we do, we know that supporting criminality will only exacerbate any problems. What we need to do is to make loyalists and Republicans irrelevant, like puff the magic dragon. Then you might even have your united ireland you are so desperate for.

• Advertisement

Being a former IRA member you sound like you are well accustomed to a a bit of bashing. The old dog for the hard road.

I have to laugh at a former member raising issues like dissidents to deflect ownership of butchery and murder. Very rabbit in a hat tricks.

Plenty of your comrades read the Irish Times and watch RTE, its' called media.

There is a big difference between Roman Catholic civil rights and butchering pensioners playing flutes on a Sunday morning, a big one.
    Here’s hoping the WiFi in whatever bedsit you’re currently resident in fails because that’s the biggest pile of irrelevant nonsense I’ve read; that is really something by boards standards.

Advertisement