Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ah, what a novel debating tactic when called out on nonsense...deflect. :D

Well, I have asked you a few times now, when you started on with this 'nuance' talk so again, tell me. Where is the nuance of that tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Well, I have asked you a few times now, when you started on with this 'nuance' talk so again, tell me. Where is the nuance of that tweet?

If you want to find out what the Victims issue is about...here's what I am doing.
    I am reading the Stormont House Agreement and about how the DUP once again rowed back on something they previously agreed on.

Your opinion is redtop sensationalism as was Martina Anderson's tweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Truthvader wrote: »
    "I know Michael Noonan acted inappropriately"........."we need to await the outcome of the outside investigation". Lets just run with the latter without the constant smearing

Do not believe for second that Noonan did anything dishonest - but lets wait and see.

As to Gerry Adams really don't have the energy to consider whether he was on their register of members filed in the Company's Office or not. Agree not much or any difference. If Gerry wanted you dead you were found on the side of the road the next day

No smear FG's oen investigation said he acted inappropriately. Thats not a smear it's a finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If you want to find out what the Victims issue is about...here's what I am doing.
    I am reading the Stormont House Agreement and about how the DUP once again rowed back on something they previously agreed on.

Your opinion is redtop sensationalism as was Martina Anderson's tweet.

What have the DUP got to do with Martina Anderson's tweet?

Bowie wrote: »
    No smear FG's oen investigation said he acted inappropriately. Thats not a smear it's a finding.

Once again you are making things up and telling lies.

Firstly, the PAC report said that it was "procedurally inappropriate" for him to meet someone, not that he "acted inappropriately"

Secondly, the FG members of the PAC dissented from that Report.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    What have the DUP got to do with Martina Anderson's tweet?

Mark's interpretation of the issue is similar to Anderson's tweet, is what I said - kneejerk, sensationalist and wrong in equal measure.

Mark's interpretation of the issue is similar to Anderson's tweet, is what I said - kneejerk, sensationalist and wrong in equal measure.

Has she resigned yet? I might have missed the announcement.

Has she resigned yet? I might have missed the announcement.

Not that I heard.

Once again you are making things up and telling lies.

Firstly, the PAC report said that it was "procedurally inappropriate" for him to meet someone, not that he "acted inappropriately"

Secondly, the FG members of the PAC dissented from that Report.

Can you explain the difference?
    Isn't his being procedurally inappropriate based on something he did, isn't that an act?
    And please point out the lie or apologise.
    Report: Noonan acted inappropriately - Nama sale flawed

Dossier prepared for TDs investigating the sale of Project Eagle

https://www.businesspost.ie/news-focus/report-noonan-acted-inappropriately-nama-sale-flawed-61445871

Yeah they did, thats why we need outside people to look at it. They are though so no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058108250/1/#post114445239

New thread here...

All reasonable comments welcome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭batman75

Within days of arriving they were at the behest of the RUC raiding catholic houses and intimidating.
    Eamonn McCann and Hume fearex them leaving only because of the threat from the RUC and Stormont.
    Your grasp of the factual history is watery to say the least.

Have to say I must have a water version of history too because it was my understanding that the Catholic population welcomed the British Army when they first came over.

batman75 wrote: »
    Have to say I must have a water version of history too because it was my understanding that the Catholic population welcomed the British Army when they first came over.

Thats true as I recall. They initially believed the BA might protect them.

batman75 wrote: »

If you know anything about the predicament people were in - fear of massacre - they'd have welcomed the Soviet Army too.

The FACT is it changed very quickly, very very quickly and all those reasons are out there in the facts too.

Advertisement