Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Where are you getting that from?
    If the TD was Adams, this tallies exactly with what SF said happened.

My mistake thought "he" referred to Watters

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    Problem is Francie we don't know what could of happened if Brady was better connected.

It's not that long since the SF omerta around the McCartney murder.

Forgive me...I ain't going into a round of 'What if...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 onh81

jh79 wrote: »
    Problem is Francie we don't know what could of happened if Brady was better connected.
    You mean to say he’s not in the IRA? Jesus, reading through the other thread on the conviction, I was lead to believe the theft of €7k worth of cheques that left a guard dead was an IRA operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Forgive me...I ain't going into a round of 'What if...'

Well it certainly was a concern for the witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Ceasefire is now 23 years old and the GFA signed in 1998. People have been in and out of prison for murder in the meantime?

This is an excuse for citizens not contacting the Gards or PSNI as a result of bearing witness to a crime?

Where actually are Sinn Féin on crime across the 32 counties at this point? What comes first, human rights or a united Ireland? Where are Sinn Féin on this one question?

So you do know...
    Ceasefire is now 23 years old and the GFA signed in 1998

Just checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

We must run a competition sometime that compares silly/mis-informed/illegal/ actions of party members and try and pin it on the party in general. .

This guy felt the need to get permission from Gerry Adams to give a statement to the gardai. Fair enough, Gerry gave the go ahead to cooperate, but the whole process raises questions. It is an insight into how the party and its supporters operate with regard to the rule of law.

On the face of it, Gerry Adams/Sinn Fein had the power to stop that person giving evidence. They gave the go ahead to cooperate in this instance but they really shouldn't have that power in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    And isn't that just the problem? Can you imagine any other political party where the Gardai have to contact the party leader to seek assistance in getting a member to testify? Or even another political party where the Gardai would think that was useful?

It is completely extraordinary that it happened, and shows how unfit Sinn Fein are for government.

Can you imagine any other political party that use the Gardai like their personal security services? That use them to threaten any dissenters? An encounter described as a "sinister and chilling experience".

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/blogger-considers-legal-action-over-garda-caution-at-airport-1.3145958

This guy felt the need to get permission from Gerry Adams to give a statement to the gardai. Fair enough, Gerry gave the go ahead to cooperate, but the whole process raises questions. It is an insight into how the party and its supporters operate with regard to the rule of law.

On the face of it, Gerry Adams/Sinn Fein had the power to stop that person giving evidence. They gave the go ahead to cooperate in this instance but they really shouldn't have that power in the first place

Not sure hw many times I have to say what my belief is having lived on the border for the most of my life...nearly 60 years.

I will try again. There are many many people here who do not trust the securty forces on either side. There are many who do not trust specific Gardai and PSNI officers.
    You cannot wish or moralise that issue away. It will take work to change those attitudes.

I expected SF to help rebuild that trust n foot of their commitments to the GFA. I expect the security forces to do all they can too.

What I see here is SF living up to those commitments and a Garda running to the press with a titilating story ONLY released in an attempt to embarrass the political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Augme wrote: »
    It really highlights how awful FF/G are when Sinn Fein are viewed as the best alternative. Maybe if they didn't consistently make such a mess of things so often this wouldn'tt be the case.
    Who you say make things up? FFFG, or SF? Not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Borgo

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It really makes you cringe when you see them looking for reform of the Special Criminal Court in one breath and then standing plain face in Dáil Eireann throwing mud at honest politicians trying to run the country. The worst is that people are voting for these scumbags as a viable alternative, voters are lapping up their tripe, scary enough.

Honest Politicians trying to run the country? Hahahaha thats a good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Where are you getting that from?
    If the TD was Adams, this tallies exactly with what SF said happened.

Nobody is disputing your claim that they went to Adams and Adams gave them permission to talk to the Gardai.

Normal people are just horrified that that is the culture of Sinn Fein.

I mean, who knows how many times Adams refused permission.

Nobody is disputing your claim that they went to Adams and Adams gave them permission to talk to the Gardai.

Normal people are just horrified that that is the culture of Sinn Fein.

I mean, who knows how many times Adams refused permission.

Normal people voted on mass for SF in the last election and will do so again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

smurgen wrote: »

24% is on mass (sic) is it?

They couldn't even form a government of like-minded parties because there are no parties quite like SF, in a lot of ways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

smurgen wrote: »

The North Korean leader enjoys huge voter support too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Pkiernan wrote: »
    The North Korean leader enjoys huge voter support too!

I mean this suggests that some of SF vote is manipulated or illegal - this is so off the wall to bring up.

I mean this suggests that some of SF vote is manipulated or illegal - this is so off the wall to bring up.

Not really, anyone who follows elections closely knows that the electoral register in the South is a complete mess, with no control over eligibility. Anyone who answers the door to a Sinn Fein canvasser knows that a significant proportion of them are from outside the jurisdiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭Allinall

"Vote early and vote often" was the SF mantra to it's supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

No it doesn't.
    SF leadership suggests manipulation when the truth has to be vetted by Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

Potential witness doesn't feel confident (safe?) giving evidence without SF say-so.
    SF councillor doesn't feel confident giving say-so without reference to "head office" (West Belfast?)

And in today's paper a SF TD is quoted as saying "it was his understanding members of Sinn Fein do not need
    with more senior members before providing information to Gardai". Presumably meaning he's not sure if that's the case.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-associate-spoke-to-gerry-adams-before-giving-evidence-in-brady-case-1.4333166

And Francie et al say there's nothing to see here?

The elephant in the room to the 'permission' angle here is the councillor going straight to the Gardai and giving them the break in the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Just arrived here to find the same Sinn Fein /IRA crew frantically throwing out the usual vague hints of corruption at anyone who would question their right to murder. The only people who "dont trust the Guards" are criminals who quite rightly anticipate that the Guards might interfere with their career. Sinn Fein/IRA as an organisation steeped in crime and thuggery obviously "dont trust" the Guards. The sordid truth is that the witness was concerned that the murder might have been "authorised" or at least carried out by "good republicans" so he needed to check whether it was safe for him to assist the Guards. Because the murder of a Guard might just be "understandable" or "regrettable" . And you dont want to incur the anger of "the local community" and end up like Paul Quinn for getting it wrong

rdwight wrote: »
    Potential witness doesn't feel confident (safe?) giving evidence without SF say-so.
    SF councillor doesn't feel confident giving say-so without reference to "head office" (West Belfast?)

And in today's paper a SF TD is quoted as saying "it was his understanding members of Sinn Fein do not need
    with more senior members before providing information to Gardai". Presumably meaning he's not sure if that's the case.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-f%C3%A9in-associate-spoke-to-gerry-adams-before-giving-evidence-in-brady-case-1.4333166

And Francie et al say there's nothing to see here?

I think you need to read that article again.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

I think you need to read that article again.
    Done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Allinall wrote: »
    "Vote early and vote often" was the SF mantra to it's supporters.

I'll just leave this here.

https://www.newstalk.com/news/john-perry-high-court-sligo-leitrim-selection-convention-ballot-625043

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

How did Gerry Adams know Aaron Brady ‘wasn’t one of ours’?

Truthvader wrote: »
    Just arrived here to find the same Sinn Fein /IRA crew frantically throwing out the usual vague hints of corruption at anyone who would question their right to murder. The only people who "dont trust the Guards" are criminals who quite rightly anticipate that the Guards might interfere with their career. Sinn Fein/IRA as an organisation steeped in crime and thuggery obviously "dont trust" the Guards. The sordid truth is that the witness was concerned that the murder might have been "authorised" or at least carried out by "good republicans" so he needed to check whether it was safe for him to assist the Guards. Because the murder of a Guard might just be "understandable" or "regrettable" . And you dont want to incur the anger of "the local community" and end up like Paul Quinn for getting it wrong

Apart from the completely unbacked up theory that the witness was doing the bolded bit, you have now come out with the bizarre accusation that the local community killed Paul Quinn in anger?

The Gardai know who killed him, the PSNI know and the IMC and they all say and agree he was killed by criminal elements in an incident that had 'no little connection to criminality'.

Not really, anyone who follows elections closely knows that the electoral register in the South is a complete mess, with no control over eligibility. Anyone who answers the door to a Sinn Fein canvasser knows that a significant proportion of them are from outside the jurisdiction.

Peddling conspiracy theories and smearing the results of an election now. FG, sorry green supporters sounding more and more like MAGA supporters everyday now. You're losing all credibility on this site.

Apart from the completely unbacked up theory that the witness was doing the bolded bit, you have now come out with the bizarre accusation that the local community killed Paul Quinn in anger?

The Gardai know who killed him, the PSNI know and the IMC and they all say and agree he was killed by criminal elements in an incident that had 'no little connection to criminality'.

That is a lie.

He was killed by good republicans.

Edit: In fact, your post is a complete disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Link to anyone of the three saying that it was due to a criminal fallout and not a republican punishment beating that saw Paul Quinn having every bone in his body broken?

• Advertisement

Link to anyone of the three saying that it was due to a criminal fallout and not a republican punishment beating that saw Paul Quinn having every bone in his body broken?

IMC report

- We think that the attack on Paul Quinn was planned and carried out by local people and that it arose from local disputes. Whatever the immediate reason for the killing certain aspects of these disputes go back some time and were not unconnected with continuing illegal activity;

http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/18th%20REPORT%20FROM%20THE%20INDEPENDENT%20MONITORING%20COMMISSION%20(IMC).doc/Files/18th%20REPORT%20FROM%20THE%20INDEPENDENT%20MONITORING%20COMMISSION%20(IMC).doc

Advertisement