Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn Fein Omerta

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Bowie wrote: »
    Active? No. Former, IRA pre GFA? Yes.

Criminality in general? No, but I can only think of the SD's and maybe PBP who might have a clean slate on that.

So Murphy's mates aren't active? Slab was only imprisoned recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »
    So if the same gang murder another person should SF continue to associate with them?

So you want to replace non violent cronyism / nepotism towards bankers and developers with violent cronyism / nepotism with criminal gangs?

It isn't 'SF' associating with them, a member of SF is associating with an alleged gang member.

I wouldn't vote for Connor Murphy on that basis just as I wouldn't vote for Hughie McElvaney or Michael Lowry but I have voted for FG and would again if I wanted them in power.

smurgen wrote: »
    Who Larry Goodman and Fine Gael? No not it all and both will probably cause deaths of Irish citizens soon. In fact I bet you could trace deaths all the way from the meat factories right now.

Says it all really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Who Larry Goodman and Fine Gael? No not it all and both will probably cause deaths of Irish citizens soon. In fact I bet you could trace deaths all the way from the meat factories right now.

This is the type of tripe that gets posted.

It's okay to murder and maim Irish civilians because because because theres theres theres eh eh , oh yeah there's a corrupt meat baron on the loose, going for dinner with politicians....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

jm08 wrote: »
    But it was Bertie Ahearn who said it was criminal activitiy originally. He had got his information from the Gardai/PSNI.

Garda says Quinn killing a criminal feud - Ahern

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/garda-says-quinn-killing-a-criminal-feud-ahern-1.982248

Quoting a statement from a lying politician made 13 years ago?. So that proves it wasn't a punishment beating carried out by Provos?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

From the report...

­ A number of people were involved in the incident although they did not all necessarily play a part in the actual killing. Amongst those involved were people who had in various ways been associated with the PIRA at a local level, including as members of the organisation. Some of these people were accustomed over a substantial period of time to exercising considerable local influence, collectively and individually. This would have led such people to expect what they would consider as appropriate respect from others and to being able to undertake their activities – including criminal ones – without interference; they would find it very difficult to accept any waning in this influence and respect;

You can decommission weapons.
    You can never decommission the mind of a psychopath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So Murphy's mates aren't active? Slab was only imprisoned recently.

No idea. Call the Garda. Do we need go into a tit for tat crony, tax evasion, criminality pissing contest?
    I think FF/FG are crooked, yet I've given votes to FG on numerous occasions. Sometimes you have to hold your nose if you think the policies on offer are good for the country.
    All we have here is a blue collar/white collar situation. It's an age old discussion. It's tough to fiddle millions when you're not in power.

It isn't 'SF' associating with them, a member of SF is associating with an alleged gang member.

I wouldn't vote for Connor Murphy on that basis just as I wouldn't vote for Hughie McElvaney or Michael Lowry but I have voted for FG and would again if I wanted them in power.

At what point does it become a party issue? Also McElvaney isn't involved in murder, not comparable at all.

Given my father worked for Eircom so not a fan of Lowry either but i'd be of the opinion that he wouldn't murder anyone so again not comparable.

At what point does it become a party issue? Also McElvaney isn't involved in murder, not comparable at all.

Given my father worked for Eircom so not a fan of Lowry either but i'd be of the opinion that he wouldn't murder anyone so again not comparable.

Just glide over the point.

If FG or FF member does something criminal...I don't tar the whole party with that brush.

People associate with former members of the IRA all the time, it is more or less unavoidable here and in NI...I have been in the company of some I know to have been members.
    I would vociferously contest that my association with them was in any way an endorsement of the IRA whom I never supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Quoting a statement from a lying politician made 13 years ago?. So that proves it wasn't a punishment beating carried out by Provos?

From his statement in the Dail when questioned. He got his information from the Gardai/PSNI. Why would he lie anyway?

• Advertisement

If FG or FF member does something criminal...I don't tar the whole party with that brush.

People associate with former members of the IRA all the time, it is more or less unavoidable here and in NI...I have been in the company of some I know to have been members.
    I would vociferously contest that my association with them was in any way an endorsement of the IRA whom I never supported.

The criminal elements obviously have influence over the party otherwise Jock wouldn't have got away with murdering McCartney. And your ok with that?

The thing is Francie, if a Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael member does something illegal they get expelled from the party.

Whereas in Sinn Féin / IRA you get a consultation process discussing damage limitation and how soon they bury the truth.

That's the difference.

The criminal elements obviously have influence over the party otherwise Jock wouldn't have got away with murdering McCartney. And your ok with that?

Is there a difficulty here?

I said it has taken time for me to vote for SF...I didn't vote for them until I was satisfied that they were fulfilling their commitments to the GFA and that the IRA were gone.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    The thing is Francie, if a Fianna Fáil or Fine Gael member does something illegal they get expelled from the party.

Whereas in Sinn Féin / IRA you get a consultation process discussing damage limitation and how soon they bury the truth.

That's the difference.

No, FG just say, sit on the back benchs there and we will call you when we need you. Bertie will no doubt be the next Presidential candidate for FF. Lip service in other words.

Doesn't matter whether he was lying or not, it was he who made that statement in the Dail as Taoiseach.

Obviously the grieving Quinn family were not too happy about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

Jesus Christ, poor effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

onh81 wrote: »
    Yeah, and I’m sure you care so dearly about a 21 year old killed 13 years ago.
    Bowie wrote: »
    They might have heard it from the then Taoiseach Bertie Ahern.
    No worries you can use him and his family in the next election.
    Is it people saying he was a criminal or people like yourself bringing it up to use a murder victim and his family for party propaganda that's wrong?

No ; beating someone to death in a shed is what's wrong. This is self evident to everyone else

No, FG just say, sit on the back benchs there and we will call you when we need you. Bertie will no doubt be the next Presidential candidate for FF. Lip service in other words.

I could respect what you are saying if you could name any Fine Gael backbenchers with a criminal conviction?

I could respect what you are saying if you could name any Fine Gael backbenchers with a criminal conviction?

How many of them were involved in a 30 year conflict/war though.

That ravaged our country and political systems. That was always going to take time to put right and exclusion is not the way...exclusion caused the issue.

I never had a problem admitting criminal elements attached themselves to both the IRA and SF.
    But frankly, I see a party that in the main is as committed to democratic politics as any other.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

And? What's your absolutely off topic point?

Me directly replying to your post
    The monk has no criminal convictions and was tax compliant. Kinda like Gerry and the boys

is me going off topic.......

Think about that for a second.

• Advertisement

How many of them were involved in a 30 year conflict/war though.

That ravaged our country and political systems. That was always going to take time to put right and exclusion is not the way...exclusion caused the issue.

I never had a problem admitting criminal elements attached themselves to both the IRA and SF.
    But frankly, I see a party that in the main is as committed to democratic politics as any other.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

another thread to be strangled to death by shinnerbots ,

fact is sinn fein are two or three generations at least away from being anything other than a organised criminal gang and they will carry the hangover as long as they facilitate and shelter criminals murderers fraudsters podophiles and other assorted freaks

almost all politicians are crooks but some are more crook than others

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

mynamejeff wrote: »
    another thread to be strangled to death by shinnerbots ,

fact is sinn fein are two or three generations at least away from being anything other than a organised criminal gang and they will carry the hangover as long as they facilitate and shelter criminals murderers fraudsters podophiles and other assorted freaks

almost all politicians are crooks but some are more crook than others

Aye the real money is to be made by turning into another FFG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Aye the real money is to be made by turning into another FFG.

is politics about making money now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jesus Christ, poor effort.

At what managing the safety of public health? I agree.

https://www.thejournal.ie/coronavirus-meat-plants-direct-provision-5179355-Aug2020/?utm_source=shortlink

It is for Sinn Fein. Not one of them ever had a proper job

If you believe 'almost all politicians are crooks' what else would they be 'crooked' for?
    Free chips in the canteen?

Truthvader wrote: »
    It is for Sinn Fein. Not one of them ever had a proper job

Whats a proper job in your opinion?

That's the difference.

And that doesn't happen in FF/FG? That's pretty naive.

• Advertisement

Truthvader wrote: »
    No ; beating someone to death in a shed is what's wrong. This is self evident to everyone else

I agree. What's your point?

Criminality is only wrong if it's a crime you don't like?

Advertisement