Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Rock 4 Cooler Question

Options
  • 18-08-2020 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i currently have a 3600 on an MSI B450 A Pro Max with the stock cooler , im looking to replace the cooler and have been looking at the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4. My problem is i have Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM and i cant figure out if im going to run into issues with it interfering with the first RAM slot. So i guess i have two questions.

- Is there anyone on here using that setup?

-If it does interfere, is it possible to mount the fan on the opposite side and run it in pull configuration?

Thanks in advance

Comments

The Dark Rock 4 won't give you any problems if you're only using two DIMM'S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

The Dark Rock 4 won't give you any problems if you're only using two DIMM'S.

Im using 2 at the minute at 16Gb but i wouldnt like to be blocking future upgrades if i can help it. Might just have to bite the bullet and order from amazon and do a test fit with the first slot populated.

You should be able to fit them by moving the fan up a bit. If you were to use Dominator RAM then i'd say that would be too far height wise.

You should be able to fit them by moving the fan up a bit. If you were to use Dominator RAM then i'd say that would be too far height wise.

Im not far off the dominators height :eek: , mine are 52mm they are 55mm, worst case ill run the fan in pull config , it looks like that is an option

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

projectgtr wrote: »
    Hi guys i currently have a 3600 on an MSI B450 A Pro Max with the stock cooler , im looking to replace the cooler and have been looking at the BeQuiet Dark Rock 4. My problem is i have Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RAM and i cant figure out if im going to run into issues with it interfering with the first RAM slot. So i guess i have two questions.

- Is there anyone on here using that setup?

-If it does interfere, is it possible to mount the fan on the opposite side and run it in pull configuration?

Thanks in advance

Just snap the fan on the other side of the heatsink and make it pull the air. Performance penalty, if any, is negligible

But why would you such a monster on a CPU that is limited to 88w?

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    Just snap the fan on the other side of the heatsink and make it pull the air. Performance penalty, if any, is negligible

But why would you such a monster on a CPU that is limited to 88w?

I spotted the tdp rating of the 4 but it was only £10 more than the Slim , which strangely enough is rated at 180. I have found a good deal on a Chromax black Noctua u12s so I may go for this instead as it has zero RAM clearance issues and would be very quiet too which is what I was aiming for.

Advertisement