Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New guidelines/restrictions 18 August - Megathread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Do hotels ( in particular bar areas) have to apply the same "substantial meal with drink" rule for residents ( and also have the 105 minutes regulation)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dok_golf wrote: »
    Do hotels ( in particular bar areas) have to apply the same "substantial meal with drink" rule for residents ( and also have the 105 minutes regulation)?

yes and no ( depends on the hotel in my experience )

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Does anyone know when the announcement will be made this week as to whether work from home and public transport restrictions will be extended beyond 13 September?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭plodder

dok_golf wrote: »
    My experience (of only one hotel) was they insisted on the meal rule, but were fairly flexible after that, eg allowing you to move to another area like a lounge after paying your bill and they'd continue to serve you. But, it was all very low key, with small groups, mostly couples. It seemed reasonable to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

plodder wrote: »
    My experience (of only one hotel) was they insisted on the meal rule, but were fairly flexible after that, eg allowing you to move to another area like a lounge after paying your bill and they'd continue to serve you. But, it was all very low key, with small groups, mostly couples. It seemed reasonable to me.

Careful with paying the bill, I got caught out, once the bill was paid I ordered another drink and was told I needed to spend another €9 for another drink, just run a tab stick it on the room or pay when your leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭plodder

Careful with paying the bill, I got caught out, once the bill was paid I ordered another drink and was told I needed to spend another €9 for another drink, just run a tab stick it on the room or pay when your leaving.
    I could see that happening more often with the new regulation about receipts, which incidentally the foremost legal expert on licensing laws skewers in today's Irish Times.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/new-restaurant-rules-almost-totalitarian-barrister-says-1.4348728

Classic "we must be seen to do something" stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Family occasion next weekend.
    Had booked lunch in a Dublin hotel ages ago.
    Now trying to figure how many people and households are allowed in a hotel lunch situation. And what will likely limits be after Tuesday / Wednesday with new announcements.
    Any ideas on likely guidance after tues / wed?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Any advice about later in the week is pure guess work. At the moment you are allowed max of 6 people. I saw a restaurant last week with a party of 18 for confirmation. They were seated 6 per table with a metre between each of the 3 tables. I've no idea how many households are allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭crossman47

Whatever about the legalities, think long and hard before mixing too many families especially if you have any vulnerable people. This virus is spreading rapidly in Dublin.

• Advertisement

crossman47 wrote: »
    Whatever about the legalities, think long and hard before mixing too many families especially if you have any vulnerable people. This virus is spreading rapidly in Dublin.
    I know, that’s why I posted. Thinking through all the options including cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

People from not from the same family shouldn’t Be at the same table though, it’s all a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    People from not from the same family shouldn’t Be at the same table though, it’s all a mess.

True and if you have kids there who are in school or crèche you could end up indirectly mixing up with many more families.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Breezin

Interesting that the OP has asked for direct factual info on the regs, but he hasn't got any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Stay safe. Stay home.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Breezin wrote: »
    Interesting that the OP has asked for direct factual info on the regs, but he hasn't got any.

The information hasn't been announced yet as pointed out in the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

6 people from up to 3 households max per table.

You could theoretically have 18 people from nine households across 3 tables as long as there is no more than 3 households represented at a table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Breezin wrote: »

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/public_health_measures_for_covid19.html

Although why someone would trust a poster on Boards rather than official advice is beyond me.

The restrictions are in place for some time and are well known.

Trying to guess what Tuesday will bring is pointless and useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

GarIT wrote: »
    6 people from up to 3 households max per table.

You could theoretically have 18 people from nine households across 3 tables as long as there is no more than 3 households represented at a table.

That’s true if the table can accommodate social distancing - which is madness really

imme wrote: »
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/health/covid19/public_health_measures_for_covid19.html

Although why someone would trust a poster on Boards rather than official advice is beyond me.

The restrictions are in place for some time and are well known.

Trying to guess what Tuesday will bring is pointless and useless.

Thanks for link.

Busy household here and current restrictions not necessarily “well known“ to me as there may well have been updates that I missed.

Trying to guess what Tuesday will bring ... often, the dogs and cats in the street - and journalists - have known a few days beforehand exactly what’s coming up in new guidance. Govt leaks to soften us up, the cynical side of me says. If that’s not the case for next Tuesday, so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

grazer wrote:
    Trying to guess what Tuesday will bring ... often, the dogs and cats in the street - and journalists - have known a few days beforehand exactly what’s coming up in new guidance. Govt leaks to soften us up, the cynical side of me says. If that’s not the case for next Tuesday, so be it.

The thing is that the government might have regulations all ready to go but won't publish till Tuesday. Reporters might leak some details BUT if new case numbers are high between now and then, then the new regulations might be changed again before they get published. Dublin in particular is on the verge of tighter restrictions imo. There is almost zero social distancing any more in Dublin. Plenty of incorrectly worn masks but very little social distancing unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Breezin

Graham wrote: »
    The information hasn't been announced yet as pointed out in the OP.

The op also sought information on the current regs.
    Now trying to figure how many people and households are allowed in a hotel lunch situation.

And that has since been kindly provided.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

Van.Bosch wrote: »

It would be nice if people would use , full stop's comma's etc. It can help to make sense of any contribution !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This 'five step plan' should of been introduced the end of June. No were going backwards instead of forward

Kicking the can down the road stuff by the government

Advertisement