Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Sage Barrista Express Repairs ...

• 18-08-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Thought this type of thread might come in handy for others, seeing how many new Sage users are out there.

Background: Our 5 year old Sage Barista Express started tripping the circuit couple of times all of a sudden. And then the water flow stopped ...
    After massive online search on where to repair it, haven't got any luck in finding someone who provides Breville service in Ireland for domestic machines. If I were by myself in the house, the only two viable options would have been to either send it to UK for repairs, or buy a new one.
    Luckily my SO saved the day: he likes to try new things, including repairing stuff he knows nothing about. His biggest motivation in this case is to stand against planned obsolescence.

So, using some youtubes he opened it carefully, identified that the solenoid valve looks off (using my own words here); he bought a new valve and replaced it (still using youtubes) and now our coffee machine is back in order, at a cost of approx 30 EUR.

- Suggesting if ppl have/know of different repair tips for a Sage Barrista Express ... maybe can post here...

Advertisement