Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir FTTH 1 year later

• 18-08-2020 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey guys, so to my amazement about a year ago I found out that my fairly rural area was being upgraded with FTTH and I followed the threads on here about it. So then an eir salesman called to our house to get us to sign up which we did.

Now I've had their 300mbps plan for the past year and have actually had 0 issues with it despite looking at reviews. My contract ended recently and what was 55 euro has gone up to 85 because we're out of bundle now.

They don't seem to do the 300mbps plan anymore but are doing the 1000mbps for 24 months for 55 euro by itself baring in mind I have a mobile with them too which I was getting for 10€ a month and now is up to 20€ now.

My question is I'm going to be ringing them in the coming days to hopefully upgrade to the 1000mbps but also try and get my phone back down to 10 a month on their promotion. Does anyone know if it's possible for them to reset the promotion and discounts or have any tips and tricks in doing so. My phone was 20 a month on prepay which when we got ftth in they put me on bill pay for 10 a month for the 1st 12 months.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chances are 1G is far faster than you can actually use so you'd see no benefit. Go for a lower package and save a few. You may need to change provider to get a good deal.

Advertisement