Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Let Them Eat Cake from the Left

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I would rather be a hypocrite standing up for those with nothing, than be a hypocrite standing up for white middle class straight men.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

dan1895 wrote: »
    Take a cold shower. That hard on for the left is showing again.

PS I agree with you he should resign but why make it a left v right discussion?

This left v right and libs v conservative crap is everywhere. It's the worst of American political labels and it has infiltrated political discourse here. Anyone who mentions "liberal salty tears" or the likes in an Irish context should be immediately ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I would rather be a hypocrite standing up for those with nothing, than be a hypocrite standing up for white middle class straight men.

You're honestly like a parody account.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

I would rather be a hypocrite standing up for those with nothing............

Do the SD only represent those with "nothing"?
    Those on the scratch with the forever home aren't represented by them so?

Augeo wrote: »
    Do the SD only represent those with "nothing"?
    Those on the scratch with the forever home aren't represented by them so?
    The title of the thread was more let them eat cake from 'the left'.

It was a generalization to all on the left.

This is my general answer to all on the right. :)

I would rather stand up for someone on the scratch in a council house than those in a mansion. Or those sending their children to the private schools a previous minister for education (SHAME Ross) saw fit to give grants for sports grounds to.
    You're honestly like a parody account.

The right is a parody of shame.
    Still pity to resort to insults. Its so ..petty.

Honestly funny you would refer to a parody account as its just what our previous leader's account seemed like earlier this week. I think you know what i am referring to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Brian? wrote: »
    He should share a cell wirh R Kelly and Bill Clinton once convicted, am I right?

Don't be ridiculous

He should share the cell with R Kelly and crooked Hilary - not Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Pkiernan wrote: »
    ... just highlighting how the SDs know whats best for us, but do the opposite. Its a trait common among so called lefties.
    If the Right is the opposite of the Left then the obverse of your statement would read something like "the Right don't know what is best for us and then they carry that out".

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's a bloody sad state of affairs when an issue like this can become a Left vs Right issue, despite it having nothing to do with that.

It's like if the whole Barry Cowen drink driving thing turned into a Left vs Right issue.

Originally Posted by Pkiernan View Post
    ... just highlighting how the SDs know whats best for us, but do the opposite. Its a trait common among so called lefties

You mean they say what is best for us and do the opposite. Whereas the right say what is best for us is best for the wealthy and do just that. They say the wealthy have made it on their own but do just the opposite. They gave 90 mill in public funding to private schools in 2019. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/education/private-schools-receive-90m-in-public-funding-1.3971015

Its been more than this in other years.

Which hypocrite would you rather be?

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's a bloody sad state of affairs when an issue like this can become a Left vs Right issue, despite it having nothing to do with that.

It's like if the whole Barry Cowen drink driving thing turned into a Left vs Right issue.
    For me its a left and right issue.

Any hypocrisy on both sides is very much a left vrs right issue.

I know who i want to make a hypocrite myself out of myself for. And I am sure so do the right. And we are all hypocrites.

I am sure those on the left have tax havens ..i am sure those on the left should be more inclusive than they are.

But the right is just the same. Only they want us to LIKE it.

• Advertisement

I would rather stand up for someone on the scratch in a council house than those in a mansion. .................

Why?
    I'd live away comfortably on the scratch if I'd a cheap forever home........... folk in mansions generally work hard for what they have and likely have mortgages etc whilst also paying for the cheap forever home whose inhabitants have Mary Lou and Co "standing" up for them.

No issue with him being blotted ...or maybe he wasn't how do i know?

I always thought that was a cover just to get rid of him because he was ruining the country financially but they didn't want to admit that openly so blamed it on drinking.

I don't care if they want to drink themselves under the table so long as they don't make themselves a bother to anyone.

Why?
    I'd live away comfortably on the scratch if I'd a cheap forever home...........

Then do it.
    folk in mansions generally work hard for what they have and likely have mortgages etc .

Stop standing up for the rich for free. They pay lawyers to do that. They pay newspapers to do that. They pay politicians to do that.

I mean at least make a living out of it.

Then do it. ...........

One can't give up working, sell their home etc and go on the scratch and get a forever home.
    You need to game the system, get on the list ASAP once you are 18, have a sproh or two and refuse the first few offers.... it's then you get sorted, it takes a few years and you need to start early. That's why we have a homeless problem..... the system is being played by career wasters so genuine cases suffer and lose out.

I also have work ethic and don't want to be on the scratch etc etc etc etc

One can't give up working, sell their home etc and go on the scratch and get a forever home.

Sign it over to a family member.

Give up working and do mixers.

I mean why can't you? Is it possibly because in reality you would be in a worse off position if you did? You would leave nothing to your kids etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

No issue with him being blotted ...or maybe he wasn't how do i know?

I always thought that was a cover just to get rid of him because he was ruining the country financially but they didn't want to admit that openly so blamed it on drinking.

I don't care if they want to drink themselves under the table so long as they don't make themselves a bother to anyone.

what?

do you know the difference between Barry and Brian Cowan?

Sign it over to a family member.

Give up working and do mixers.

I mean why can't you? Is it possibly because in reality you would be in a worse off position if you did? You would leave nothing to your kids etc?

Ignoring my work ethic etc etc the reason folk don't do it is as I've described......"You need to game the system, get on the list ASAP once you are 18, have a sprog or two and refuse the first few offers.... it's then you get sorted, it takes a few years and you need to start early"

Of course you are better off working then being on the scratch in most cases however the point I made was "I'd live away comfortably on the scratch if I'd a cheap forever home..........."

That does not mean folk not on the scratch can't live more comfortably.......... tough to chat with a devout lefty tbh but I hope I've explained things simply enough for you :)

what?

do you know the difference between Barry and Brian Cowan?

Obviously not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

SD=Labour party members who want to sit in opposition forever.

Now the lab party want to do the same they should just rejoin.

Obviously not
    Honestly had not heard of Barry Cowen until now. Not sure this is information I really need in my life.

I am not really the political nerd type. :)

• Advertisement

Of course you are better off working then being on the scratch in most cases however :)
    Glad we agree.
    People don't have work ethic. They are emotionally and physically healthy and got on the right path in life early.

People don't have work ethic. ............

Can't agree on that.
    Most wasters don't have it to be fair though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It did. Sure Barry was going left, then right, then left and then right again.

Swerving all over the road he was

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

When you base your entire identity on American political online culture-nonsense, it's all you have left.

It did. Sure Barry was going left, then right, then left and then right again.

Swerving all over the road he was

Lol :D

Agueo said:
    Most wasters don't have it to be fair though.
    Of course many do not.

But i had always thought it was part of a work ethic to be stoic and realize the world sucks and you still have to help wasters. :o
    In fact maybe that is the ultimate work ethic in the stars.
    But well we are all different.

I don't claim to know what is right. I claim to say what i feel is right.

When you base your entire identity on American political online culture-nonsense, it's all you have left.
    This is very true.

Please tell leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Surely you mean it's all you have right. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Not sure what people who start stupid threads like this hope to achieve, apart from expelling and encouraging a lot of hot air.

Someone on the centre-left did something bad? Well, that settles it then. I'll be voting for right-wing candidates in future, what with them never doing anything bad ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Honestly had not heard of Barry Cowen until now. Not sure this is information I really need in my life.

I am not really the political nerd type. :)

And you're here why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

As a lefty he's likely against most sane policy & guidance so I'm surprised he's not encouraging his supporters to travel also.

Ah ok all left policy is insane. The logic on this site just gets worse and worse.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement