Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Let Them Eat Cake from the Left

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The Soc Dems aren't even in government so where is the supposed hypocrisy coming from? It is fundamentally different from the Bord Fáilte issue, even if it remains pretty dim.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I really don't get this left right thing. Like is it left wing to support measures like wearing masks and social distancing? There's a poll on the Journal about plastic pollution and commenters are saying it's just the lastest craze from snowflakes. So the destruction of all marine life and a source of food which could potentially poison ourselves and ruin the whole planet is just a snowflake cause. Beaches and parks covered in plastic rubbish - snowflakes!
    There really are total nutjobs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I really don't get this left right thing. Like is it left wing to support measures like wearing masks and social distancing? There's a poll on the Journal about plastic pollution and commenters are saying it's just the lastest craze from snowflakes. So the destruction of all marine life and a source of food which could potentially poison ourselves and ruin the whole planet is just a snowflake cause. Beaches and parks covered in plastic rubbish - snowflakes!

Those aren't nutjobs, they are selfish pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pkiernan wrote: »
    He should be forced to resign and booted from the Party.
    While it was not good I don't see it as a reason to fire someone.
    Cancel culture is toxic and need to stop.

Ah ok all left policy is insane. The logic on this site just gets worse and worse.

Most of it is unfeasible sh1te that appeals to wasters & bums.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Augeo wrote: »

Hahahaha. And the right is for those that get up early in the morning? Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Augeo wrote: »

Grand so - we'll take your weekends back off you that you got because of trade unions :pac:

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I think you're all being very unfair. He said it himself, they booked their holliers last year. What else could they do?

Who among us hasn't taken their family on their holliers to Spain in the midst of a global pandemic requiring the wearing of gloves and masks while maintaining social distancing?

Very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I dont think "nutjobs" is a fair description. They're closer to children trying to chime into a conversation with adults. They latch on to a specific phrase or term they've picked up from somewhere and try to shoe-horn it wherever it will possibly fit as it makes them feel clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I think you're all being very unfair. He said it himself, they booked their holliers last year. What else could they do?

The same thing regular people in his situation had to do. Stay home.

This is why people stopped taking the restrictions seriously. People like him saying one thing and then doing another.

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    The same thing regular people in his situation had to do. Stay home.

This is why people stopped taking the restrictions seriously. People like him saying one thing and then doing another.

I guess you don't understand satire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I guess you don't understand satire.

There are people out there who will defend this hypocrisy.