Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvision which camera advice

Options
  • 18-08-2020 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all ,looking to get cctv 2camera at house ,can someone tell me the difference and advantage if any between the hikvision 4mp ip nightfighter and the
    Hikvision 4mp colorvu,ideally i was looking for a system that would alert me via phone app if someone approached garage door ,or an audible warning ,so far anyone I've asked said you can get a pir motion but it will constantly go off from animals bugs etc setting it off,but I thought it could be set with a line crossing setting,so bugs wouldn't activate it only something from a set distance? If that
    Makes sense,any advice greatly appreciated or any alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

I'm also interested in this setup, you find a good price anywhere?
    I will be diy'ing...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The darkfighter uses IR. If IR is on, it'll have a soft red glow in the dark. Insects are attracted to it. What's worse is that spiders build their webs across it because they see all the insects attracted to the camera. Using turrets minimises this but it still happens.
    Line crossing is great in theory but small insects up close to the camera lens appear massive and are large enough to set off the line crossing, though not as much as the motion detector gets triggered. For this reason, I don't enable the IR on my darkfighters. Luckily, there's just enough light coming from other sources where I am to keep reasonable night vision. Others use external IR sources lower down to illuminate at night which avoids the insects problem since they are attracted there and not to the camera.
    My colorvu cameras are better yet as they don't use IR and have white light led. Again, I've good light from the street so don't need to enable it, but with the Australian firmware, I have it flash on if intrusion or line crossing are triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭baz69

Thanks machiavellianme some great information there,definitely going for hikvision probably colorvu as it seems to get the most recommendations,house is alarmed but the coverage I want is over the front door and garage door ,their the two access points that are vulnerable,but I want something that will alert me via phone,so at the moment I am thinking colorvu camera over garage and ezviz doorbell which would cover the door and garage and alert me if someone walked up driveway,other is the ezviz doorbell and the acusense DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL 4MP IP which alerts phone and has voice command,not sure what dvr I would need ,any further advice on above would be great ,

So what is needed along with the colorvu cameras to enable an alert from a zone?

slipperyox wrote: »
    So what is needed along with the colorvu cameras to enable an alert from a zone?

Power and Ethernet cable from the router to the camera plus an app on your phone.
    That's it.

Of course you can add extras like NVRs to record everything or use SD cards on board but that's not essential. You can also request the camera to email you a snap shot of every motion, intrusion or line crossing detections if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭baz69

That's interesting,that was the main thing I wanted from the camera beside recording events, was to get an alert to my phone ,so colorvu it is ,thanks machiavellianme ,some great knowledge there ��

If you don't get an NVR with POE injection, pick up one of these to combine the power and Ethernet into a single ethernet cable as its easier to run 1 wire than 2:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-PoE150S-Injector-Adapter-Compliant-Black/dp/B001PS9E5I

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Gavin1

but with the Australian firmware, I have it flash on if intrusion or line crossing are triggered.

Sorry to hijack the thread. I tried this and cannot get the "flash" options on the Hikvision NVR.

Any ideas?

Gavin1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack the thread. I tried this and cannot get the "flash" options on the Hikvision NVR.

Any ideas?

Sorry, no idea on the nvr, I set it on the camera itself. I don't think it's possible on the European camera firmware yet though. Maybe that's why you can't?

best place to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Trigger85

Does anyone have issues with the app constantly being offline? One day it'll work and the next it won't

Advertisement