Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Over Rough Ground?

Options
  • 18-08-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭

:confused: What does one do, to keep it decent, please? I'm seriously considering getting a couple of woolly backs in!

I've just run the strimmer over my 'garden'. I wanted to thrash the long stuff, to deter ticks. Only, it was bloody hard work and will likely need doing again in a week or two :( There must be another way?

Thing is, see; It's pretty uneven. And, there's stones in there. The odd rock too, I imagine? But, most things would bounce away from a rock. It's the stones that scare me. Rotary blade catches one and who knows!

Thought of a Flymo. Never had one. What does anyone think? That's what I imagined would bounce away from a rock. But, could it send a stone zinging who knows where?

Completely open question so. I'm ready to listen to anything.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Get a flock number and then get a couple of lambs.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stigura

See the Hunting board; I'm seriously and actively trying to find rabbits as it it! :D I'm deadly serious!

In honesty; I wouldn't hesitate to buy in a couple of sheep. My place is completely secure. Only trouble is that it's So secure because I have these insane Dogs!

Rabbits could slip under the fencing. Poor sheep wouldn't stand a cellophane rat in hells chance.

Reckon it's gonna have to be mechanical. Just more efficient ~ and easier on my old back ~ than this strimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Shur a pet rabbit would eat the same as a wild one.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Advertisement