Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on Tracker Mortgages

• 18-08-2020 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Looking for advise on my tracker for mortgage. I'm looking to trade up from smaller place but unsure what the best course of action is. Might need to borrow 1/3 the original amount to get house. Am i right in thinking the tracker stays on the old amount? Also do banks buy out people on tracker rates? Any advise please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Some banks allow the tracker balance to be ported to the new mortgage, with a higher margin, for a period of time.

Policies differ between banks.

Banks do not offer discounts on redeeming tracker mortgages - this question has been asked hundreds of times on AAM, and the answer is always the same - it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Primrose73

Thank you
    Geuze wrote: »
    Some banks allow the tracker balance to be ported to the new mortgage, with a higher margin, for a period of time.

Policies differ between banks.

Banks do not offer discounts on redeeming tracker mortgages - this question has been asked hundreds of times on AAM, and the answer is always the same - it doesn't happen.

Advertisement