Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hybrid bike (what time buy)

Options
  • 18-08-2020 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi I’m looking to buy a hybrid bike and a bike trailer

I was hoping to get a Giant escape disc 3 but I can’t seem to locate one in any shop I’ve been to

I’m in the limerick area so I was wondering if anyone knows of any bike shop that would have this bike or a similar decent type hybrid

Thanks

Comments

Giant have a shop on the Longmile Rd in Dublin so I'd imagine if anyone knew about stock levels it'd be them

Phone: +353 (0) 1 4299885
    Email: info@giant-dublin.ie

I did read a piece about giant today and their struggles to meet demand in Taiwan where they are made.

Alternative would be Trek FX, Halfords do a Boardman one that is decent. Cube I think theirs is called Hyde, and Merida Speeder would all be in the same ballpark velodrome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Giant have a shop on the Longmile Rd in Dublin so I'd imagine if anyone knew about stock levels it'd be them

Phone: +353 (0) 1 4299885
    Email: info@giant-dublin.ie

I did read a piece about giant today and their struggles to meet demand in Taiwan where they are made.

Alternative would be Trek FX, Halfords do a Boardman one that is decent. Cube I think theirs is called Hyde, and Merida Speeder would all be in the same ballpark velodrome :)

😂Thanks Enfilade

Do they deal direct with the public or would it have to be through a store?? Do you know anything about the romet orkan? Two stores that I went into recommended these but I was thinking that maybe it was because they are more accessible to get instead of other makes and models

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Never heard of the romet orkan, but looking at pics, it’s a budget-end bike, which is probably good for occasional and/or leisure use, but if you’re doing any commuting or towing a trailer, I’d hold out for one of the brands that Enfilade mentions above.
    There’s a worldwide shortage of bikes right now, so be prepared to go on a waiting list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Talk to Eamon in Altitude. https://www.altitude.ie/
    Waterford based but he delivers nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Thanks Lads

I rang the Giant shop today and the man said he had a Giant Roam in stock, do ye know would this be a decent bike or not??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

hsan wrote: »
    Thanks Lads

I rang the Giant shop today and the man said he had a Giant Roam in stock, do ye know would this be a decent bike or not??

It's a mountain bike with suspension. Decent bike but a hybrid would be better for roads as you won't need a suspension. It only adds weight.

The link TheBlaaMan posted above have a 2020 Trek FX I'd say is worth consideration if it's the right size.

Advertisement